Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #381
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since you think Obama was better then you need to offer proof of that statement not just your feelings. The results sure aren't better so what do you base your statement on?
    I was being considerate of your other blog statment about libertarians wanting to be alone. My feelings have not changed on the matter.

  2. #382
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Man you sure do throw insults around.

    For your information the FY2009 budget was three months in during President Obamas presidency.

    Whats funny is your compairing President Bush's last to years in office
    Here is a good read on that subject ...but donít let Conservative see it as it will burst his bubble.

    <Democrats shrank US spending, deficit in last fiscal year, figures show >

    The US deficit shrank nine percent last fiscal year but still topped one trillion dollars, the government said Friday in a report seized on by Democrats' rivals weeks ahead of mid-term elections.

    For the 2010 fiscal year that ended on September 30, the government had a budget shortfall of 1.294 trillion dollars, down 122 billion dollars from the previous year's record-setting high.

    Revenue rose and spending fell amid recovery from recession and as President Barack Obama's Democratic administration wound down some of the emergency measures taken to restore growth.

    The final figures "underscored the administration's commitment" to cutting the massive government deficit, Treasury Secretary TimothyGeithner said in a statement.

    "By carefully managing the emergency initiatives to stop the financial panic and by accelerating our exit from those investments, we have significantly lowered the cost to taxpayers, bringing the costs of the financial rescue down by more than 240 billion dollars this year."

    Democrats shrank US spending, deficit in last fiscal year, figures show | Raw Story
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #383
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,929
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    LOL... most definitely a case of lies, damn lies and ^^^^^

  4. #384
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,303

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Here is a good read on that subject ...but donít let Conservative see it as it will burst his bubble.

    <Democrats shrank US spending, deficit in last fiscal year, figures show >

    The US deficit shrank nine percent last fiscal year but still topped one trillion dollars, the government said Friday in a report seized on by Democrats' rivals weeks ahead of mid-term elections.

    For the 2010 fiscal year that ended on September 30, the government had a budget shortfall of 1.294 trillion dollars, down 122 billion dollars from the previous year's record-setting high.

    Revenue rose and spending fell amid recovery from recession and as President Barack Obama's Democratic administration wound down some of the emergency measures taken to restore growth.

    The final figures "underscored the administration's commitment" to cutting the massive government deficit, Treasury Secretary TimothyGeithner said in a statement.

    "By carefully managing the emergency initiatives to stop the financial panic and by accelerating our exit from those investments, we have significantly lowered the cost to taxpayers, bringing the costs of the financial rescue down by more than 240 billion dollars this year."

    Democrats shrank US spending, deficit in last fiscal year, figures show | Raw Story
    And I remember when the 490 billion Bush deficit was a disaster. Guess that is much much more than 1.29 trillion. Interesting that you post that number with pride.

  5. #385
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And I remember when the 490 billion Bush deficit was a disaster. Guess that is much much more than 1.29 trillion. Interesting that you post that number with pride.

    down 122 billion dollars from the previous year's record-setting high.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #386
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,303

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    down 122 billion dollars from the previous year's record-setting high.
    Great, two years in a row, two record deficits. 2010 is now has the second highest deficit in U.S. history. Two records that I am sure Obama is proud of.

    Wonder what the 2009 deficit would have been had Obama applied the TARP repayment to the deficit? No politics there, right?

  7. #387
    User ZGM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-10-11 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    122

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    What are you guys, NUTS?

    Bush has recklessly squandered our tax money for his political objectives. Those meddling GOP's are making a bad image of President Obama because they're begging for a second chance at ruling the United States!
    Who cares who or what the : I'm voting for?

  8. #388
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, two years in a row, two record deficits. 2010 is now has the second highest deficit in U.S. history. Two records that I am sure Obama is proud of.

    Wonder what the 2009 deficit would have been had Obama applied the TARP repayment to the deficit? No politics there, right?

    While were building strawmen, why not make a leap and wonder what the deficit would have been if we hadnít invaded Iraq.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #389
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,303

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZGM View Post
    What are you guys, NUTS?

    Bush has recklessly squandered our tax money for his political objectives. Those meddling GOP's are making a bad image of President Obama because they're begging for a second chance at ruling the United States!
    Right, another liberal who doesn't believe actual facts matter. Where do you get your information? The Obama record speaks for itself, suggest you get that record from non partisan sites like bea.gov, bls.gov, and the U.S. Treasury website. I assure you that it isn't the GOP making Obama look bad, it is the Obama record doing that.
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-26-10 at 12:01 AM.

  10. #390
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,303

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    While were building strawmen, why not make a leap and wonder what the deficit would have been if we hadn’t invaded Iraq.
    It would have been about 100 billion a year less. Facts have a funny way of making you look foolish. According to the GAO 9/11 cost over a trillion dollars so we spent 100 billion a year to prevent another one. Looks like a pretty good return on that investment. By the way I had three family members serve in Iraq and all said we did the right thing. So I believe those family members and then of course I believe the Democrat Politicians on record supporting the invasion.

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •