Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #341
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    One big fact you have overlooked, is the bush and the republican party’s legacy is UNFUNDED tax cuts for the rich and two wars=Near economic collapse
    This is either sheer ignorancr or an outright lie.
    The increase in entitlement speniding under The Obama is, alone, greater than the cost of the wars.
    And, by defintion, tax cuts cannot be funded.

  2. #342
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I said:

    I meant comments by others, not you.

    But, glad to see you agree that GWB was a better President than The Obama.
    Did you have any other arguements or was the one all you had?

  3. #343
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    donc;1059061842]Which leaves four years, of an eight year presidency of solid republican majority to wreck an economy. almost successfully, I might add.
    Is this what you call wrecking the economy? No wonder some here have zero credibility

    Employment Data

    Year Dec
    2000 137614
    2001 136047
    2002 136426
    2003 138411
    2004 140125
    2005 142752
    2006 145914
    2007 146173
    2008 143188
    2009 137792

    Recession 2001 and 2008

    GDP By year

    Line 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009
    1 GDP 9,951.50 10,286.20 10,642.30 11,142.10 11,867.80 12,638.40 13,398.90 14,077.6014,441.40 14,256.30



    GDP Chg
    Reagan 2312.3
    GHWB 1264.6
    Clinton 3609.20
    GWB 4306.00

    GDP increased by 4.3 trillion dollars during the 8 years of Bush and that includes two recessions.

    Nothing like cherry-picking stats, in the fall of a mid-term year eh? The fall air is fresh with the pungent smell of elephant ****. Why do you ignore not only the fact that from “Feb 2001”to”Aug 2003” , “1017000” jobs were lost under Bush? "1017000" JOBS LOST!!!…worse than Hoover!!
    Jobs were lost in 2001 due to the recession and 9/11. Maybe you missed the largest attack on the United States mainland in history. Talk about distortion and cherry picking. I posted the employment data above. Democrats controlled the Senate in 2001-2002 and then again 2007-2008 so better check out the results then. Seems that Bush with a GOP Congress did quite well.

    According to what I have read, the Gov. uses two different methods to measure employment. The payroll survey, which has the official figures, that are reported on, or near the first, of the month, and the household survey, which surveys 60,000 households per month.
    It is called the Establishment and Household surveys and they are kept by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. They are non partisan and have been doing this for decades.

    Which survey are touting? Bear in mind that Bureau of Labor Statistics, CBO and the President’s Council of Economic Advisers, all agree that the larger survey gives a better measure of employment.
    Both surveys are combined to generate the numbers that are reported on the first Friday of the new month. They show that there are 16 million unemployed Americans today vs. 12 million when Obama took office and they show that every month of 2010 unemployment is higher than the same month in 2009. Since the recession ended in June 2009 name for me any other President in U.S. History that had those kind of unemployment numbers over 1 year after the recession ended.

    What facts have you presented? You can hardly compare a Presidency of less than two years to one of eight years.
    I have presented actual results and have pointed out the Obama lies. It seems that the results are something that you want to ignore.


    One big fact you have overlooked, is the bush and the republican party’s legacy is UNFUNDED tax cuts for the rich and two wars=Near economic collapse. :2wave
    :

    Seems to me that you need an education of the facts which I posted above. GDP growth of 4.3 trillion dollars with two recessions and 9/11 is hardly an economic collapse. Bush never had trillion dollar deficits and never had 16 million unemployed Americans. My question to you is one that everyone wants to ignore, why did the Democrats in Congress not stop Bush in 2007-2008 from creating the economic collapse you claim? Interesting that the economic results of 2001-2002 and 2007-2008 are very similar and that the real economic growth was 2003-2007. Notice the difference in Congress during that period of time?

  4. #344
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Did you have any other arguements or was the one all you had?
    As if that argument doesnt cover a great number of few things.

    And then, of course, there's The Obama grwoing the deficit 275% as fast as GWB did.
    If GWB was bad because of his deficit spending, then The Obama must be that much worse.

    The Obama ran on change - where is it?

  5. #345
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As if that argument doesnt cover a great number of few things.

    And then, of course, there's The Obama grwoing the deficit 275% as fast as GWB did.
    If GWB was bad because of his deficit spending, then The Obama must be that much worse.

    The Obama ran on change - where is it?
    Which is worse, causing the crisis we are currently in or failing to get us out of it?

  6. #346
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Which is worse, causing the crisis we are currently in or failing to get us out of it?
    Your question assumes facts not in evidence. You may try again.

  7. #347
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Which is worse, causing the crisis we are currently in or failing to get us out of it?
    How exactly did President Bush create the crisis we are in and exactly what did the Democrat controlled Congress do when they took over in January 2007?

  8. #348
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Your question assumes facts not in evidence. You may try again.
    So if the country was doing great when President Obama because president it would all have been because of President Bush right.

  9. #349
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    So if the country was doing great when President Obama because president it would all have been because of President Bush right.
    Non sequitur, red herring. Try again.

  10. #350
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Non sequitur, red herring. Try again.
    No thanks I dont like fish.

    I do however like how you avoid the question.

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •