Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #321
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Absolutely it is.

    The challenge presented in the post you responded to:

    Your response:

    Neither of your questions address the challenge put forth in that post; both of your questions do nothing but avoid the issue and try to divert the conversation away from that issue.
    Thus, Red Herring.
    That wasn't a challenge, it was a diversion from the fact that this great recession was the result of years of Bush. Actually the Great Depression was the result of a Republican president.


  2. #322
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That wasn't a challenge, it was a diversion from the fact that this great recession was the result of years of Bush. Actually the Great Depression was the result of a Republican president.
    What exactly did GW Bush do to cause the recession that you blame him for and in your world what do you believe the role of Congress is? The recession started in December 2007 and weren't the Democrats in charge of Congress? How could those brilliant Democrats allow Bush who many called a dumb cowboy to create this mess unless......................?

  3. #323
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, what amendment rights did Bush take away from you, that is total BS. If you mean the Patriot Act, Obama reauthorized it and made it tougher. Looks like Obama wants to take away more of your privacy than Bush ever did. Name for me any AMERICAN prosecuted under the Patriot Act?

    Obama Admin Wants to Allow Web Wiretapping
    7:50 PM - September 30, 2010 - By Jane McEntegart -

    The Obama administration is preparing to submit a bill to lawmakers that would make it possible for law enforcement officials to 'wiretap the internet' if they need to
    First off it is not BS. Under the patriot act the government can come into my house. Arrest me without telling me why. Detain me for an undisclosed amount of time. Here is what kills me. For all the talk I hear about "the government takes my money", "the government has no right to tax this or that", "the government cant force me to have healthcare" you fail to realized how little that matters if your bill of rights are taken away. Wait. . .they have been. Only the second remains.

    Yes I understand that President Obama reauthrized the Patrio Act. Do you see Liberal next to my lean. NO. Just because I critisize President Bush does not mean I approve of President Obama.

    Yes, this Fisa Bill is wrong. That takes away my first amendment rights. Its not that its coming. Its already here. It was voted on back in 2008.

    I am NOT a Democrat. I am a Libertarian and vote Libertarian.

    That being said. President Bush took away two of my Amendment rights. No matter what he did, he is a bad president if he takes away my rights.

  4. #324
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    First off it is not BS. Under the patriot act the government can come into my house. Arrest me without telling me why. Detain me for an undisclosed amount of time. Here is what kills me. For all the talk I hear about "the government takes my money", "the government has no right to tax this or that", "the government cant force me to have healthcare" you fail to realized how little that matters if your bill of rights are taken away. Wait. . .they have been. Only the second remains.

    Yes I understand that President Obama reauthrized the Patrio Act. Do you see Liberal next to my lean. NO. Just because I critisize President Bush does not mean I approve of President Obama.

    Yes, this Fisa Bill is wrong. That takes away my first amendment rights. Its not that its coming. Its already here. It was voted on back in 2008.

    I am NOT a Democrat. I am a Libertarian and vote Libertarian.

    That being said. President Bush took away two of my Amendment rights. No matter what he did, he is a bad president if he takes away my rights.
    There is no provision of the Patriot Act that gives the govt. the right to enter your house without proper just cause so not sure where you are getting your information. Congress authorized the Patriot Act and reauthorized it under Obama so no I don't see a D after your name but I see you making allegations like someone with a D after their name. I am still waiting for you to name for me one American that has been prosecuted under the Patriot Act under the conditions you described. Until someone is you haven't lost anything.

  5. #325
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I am NOT a Democrat. I am a Libertarian and vote Libertarian.

    That being said. President Bush took away two of my Amendment rights. No matter what he did, he is a bad president if he takes away my rights.
    Well said, ender. I wish there were more thoughtful libertarians around here. All these Republicans in libertarian clothing make me sick. They'll freak out about an individual mandate but not a peep out of them when the government trammels habeas corpus.

    You're right about the second amendment being protected, but it's a worthless right without the rest of the bill of rights to go with it. What's really pathetic is how some libertarians cling to second amendment rights like that's all they need. But what they fail to realize is their stockpile of assault rifles won't do them any good when the government throws them in a hole indefinitely with no charges and no trial because they are suspected of being an enemy combatant.

  6. #326
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This doesnt exit. Try a link.


    Yes...This is The Obama describing how/why GWB was a "poor" President.


    Actually, he pointed out how The Obma was doing the same thing or expanding the things that made GWB a poor President.

    So... If you agree that those things made GWB a poor president, you cannot help but agree that The Obama, who has continued or expanded those things, is worse.
    Nothing you have posted here does anything but AGREE with the argument.


    This was "left out" because it it completely irrelevant to my point, and is noithing but a red herring offered up by you to try to avoid that point.



    Yes...This is The Obama describing how/why GWB was a "poor" President.
    He then pointed out how The Obma was doing the same thing or expanding the things that made GWB a poor President.
    So... If you agree that those things made GWB a poor president, you cannot help but agree that The Obama, who has continued or expanded those things, is worse.
    Nothing you have posted here does anything but AGREE with the argument.


    To directly address my premise, and either show how it is unsounrd or admit that you cannot.
    You have done nothing other than restate my premise and agred that the supporting arguments are true.
    If GWB pwas a poor president because he did XWZ then The Obama -must- be a more poor President because the did >WYZ
    So now you admit that I adressed your point right.

    Second, I need to educate you on a small point of edicate. By referring to the President of the United States as "The Obama" shows great disrespect. You may not agree with his policy but you should respect the office. It shows great inmaturity on your part. The proper way to adress the office of the President is rank followed by the last name. I do not agree with most of what President Bush did in office but I still give him the respect he deserves.

  7. #327
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    So now you admit that I adressed your point right.
    You restated it and, apparently, agreed with it.
    Given that, you apparently believe that The Obama is a worse President than GWB.

    Second, I need to educate you on a small point of edicate. By referring to the President of the United States as "The Obama" shows great disrespect.
    I need to educate you on a point of the English language: edicate isn't a word.
    Cry me a river. When I see you making the same comment regarding any number of disrespectful terms used to address/describe GWB, I'll consider granting you a shred of credibility.

  8. #328
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is no provision of the Patriot Act that gives the govt. the right to enter your house without proper just cause so not sure where you are getting your information. Congress authorized the Patriot Act and reauthorized it under Obama so no I don't see a D after your name but I see you making allegations like someone with a D after their name. I am still waiting for you to name for me one American that has been prosecuted under the Patriot Act under the conditions you described. Until someone is you haven't lost anything.
    Im confused. Do you or do you not understand what the Patriot act is. What you challenge me to find is EXACTLY what the patriot act did. It allows the government to detain you without cause. It allows them to wire tap your phone without a warrent.

    There are hundreds of documented accounts of people who have been arrested under the patriot act.

  9. #329
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Im confused. Do you or do you not understand what the Patriot act is. What you challenge me to find is EXACTLY what the patriot act did. It allows the government to detain you without cause.
    Under certain cirumstances. The government already had that power.

    It allows them to wire tap your phone without a warrent.
    Under certain cirumstances. The government already had that power.

    The only thing the PA did was take power that the government already had - most notably, those used to fight organized crime - and extended them to terroriam.

  10. #330
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Given that, you apparently believe that The Obama is a worse President than GWB.
    Personally, I'd call it a tie. I blame Bush for starting the human rights infringments, and I blame Obama for keeping them going. But given that Bush set the precedent, I think there is a fair argument that he's worse. But that still doesn't excuse Obama for keeping Gitmo prison open.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I need to educate you on a point of the English language: edicate isn't a word.
    Come off it, Goob, we all spell things wrong sometimes.

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •