Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #311
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    donc;1059061014]HELPED is the key word, considering that “HISTORY” tells us that for first six years of the bush administration, both houses and the Presidency were in republican hands.
    Actually that isn't true, it was a 50-50 Senate the first two years and totally Democrat the last 2 years. What exactly did the Democrats do to stop Bush from creating the mess you claim he created? Seems to me they were more interested in regaining the WH than they were doing the country's business. Fact remains from 2003 to 2007 the economy was booming, massive job creation and strong economic growth, BEA.gov and BLS.gov

    Unlike the party of NO, the dems occasionally crossed party lines when it came to “perceived” national security.
    Got to love the party of "n" which seems to be liberal talking points. There was total control of the Congress from 2009-2010 and look at the results. Now I understand why you want to divert from them but the truth is you cannot run from the actual facts.


    I have pointed this out to you in other threads (plural is no typo), so there is no need to rehash this fallacy yet again. All anyone has to do is use their friend goggle+ “Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act”.

    Your hero, in 1982 signed The “Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act”, he called it that so he could pretend that it wasn’t a tax increase but at that time it was the largest peacetime tax increase in American history. According to a Treasury Department study TEFRA was a 1% of GDP tax increase. Kinda like he did when he was Governor of Calyfornia, which I also pointed out to you in a previous thread.Again goggle is your friend.
    My hero isn't on the ballot this year but the Obama agenda is. The facts are for all to see but you choose to ignore them. Fact, over 16 million unemployed Americans today up 4 million from when he took office, over 3 trillion added to the debt, and 1.6% economic growth. You ought to worry more about what is going on now vs. what you think went on back in the 80's. The actual facts aren't friendly to you.

    The "Gipper" was a grade B actor, that should have won an Academy Award for his portrayal of a President for eight years.

    At this point that award for impersonating a leader would go to Barack Obama, a man with zero leadership skills and results that match those skills.

  2. #312
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    HELPED is the key word, considering that “HISTORY” tells us that for first six years of the bush administration, both houses and the Presidency were in republican hands.
    This is either a lie, or abject ignorance
    The Dems held the senate until the 2002 election.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is either a lie, or abject ignorance
    The Dems held the senate until the 2002 election.
    Conveniently Donc ignores the power sharing agreement that was in place 2001-2002 and who caucused with the Democrats to give them the 50-50 split. It is more convenient to buy the lies than do the research to disprove them.

  4. #314
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    11-05-10 @ 06:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    53

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That would be McCain. In order to have a do over, it would be between Obama and McCain. Just saying . . . .
    McCain is precisely why Obama is in office. I recall well the sentiment in my area where conservatives were entirely fed-up with having to hold their noses and vote for the lesser of two evils. McCain is undeniably no conservative and I view him every bit as much a Benedict Arnold as is Obama. In my view, Samuel Adams makes the best case for casting your vote:

    Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual — or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.
    -- Boston Gazette, April 16, 1781
    There is hardly an ounce of difference between the Republican Establishment vs. the Democratic Establishment in my opinion. Professor Carroll Quigley in his Magnus Opus, Tragedy and Hope, 1966 lays it our clearly:
    The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can ‘throw the rascals out’ at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy.
    Professor Quigley was discussing the agenda laid out by the Council of Foreign Relations. On page 950, he stated this: "I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960's, to examine its papers and secret records."

    This makes perfect since. The Democrats agenda during the Bush Administration was a slamfest against the Afghany & Iraqi wars. Obama stated during his campaign that ending the wars in the Middle East would be his first priority, yet we now have $1.6 trillion budget deficits compared to Bush's $460 billion and the Afghan war is now the longest American war in our history -- though it was never declared a war as our Constitution mandates. In fact WWII was the last time in which a Declaration for war was made. Ever since, America has been in a state of perpetual war, cold war or foreign intervention regardless of who's been in office.

    The CFR was founded by Colonel Edward Mandell House in 1921 (Advisor to Woodrow Wilson) who stated he was "working for Socialism as dreamed of by Karl Marx." The CFR claims it is merely a think tank for foreign policy, so why is it that every administration's cabinet since the days of FDR have been filled with them? Both the Bush and Obama Administration were/are no different, therefore we have unelected members making the decisions for elected members -- so let's just call it what it is -- an oligarchy. This video should open some eyes as to the real role the CFR plays. A slip of the tongue by the NWO queen herself last year:

  5. #315
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    personally attack you? nah ....just clarifying your posistions for you, and those who follow the thread...actually doing you a favor, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone...reality is, things are improving, just not quick enough for some.
    Tell these people that things are improving. Your empty suit President doesn't get it.

    60 Minutes: Unemployment is really bad | The Right Scoop

  6. #316
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Thsi isnt a better question, this is a red herring.
    It's not at all a red herring, a single four-letter word can be tied to both events - B U S H


  7. #317
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It's not at all a red herring, a single four-letter word can be tied to both events - B U S H
    You really have a bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome. What did GW Bush ever do to you personally? I really suggest you seek help.

  8. #318
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really have a bad case of Bush Derangement Syndrome. What did GW Bush ever do to you personally? I really suggest you seek help.
    Are insults all you have, conservative?


  9. #319
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It's not at all a red herring...
    Absolutely it is.

    The challenge presented in the post you responded to:
    Name for me any President in U.S. History that had worse unemployment numbers one year AFTER a recession ended.
    Name for me one President in U.S. History who one year after the recession had higher unemployment each month than when the recession ended so Obama is the issue
    Your response:
    1.Under which president did the Savings & Loans need to be bailed out?
    2.Under which president did the commercial banks need to be bailed out?
    Neither of your questions address the challenge put forth in that post; both of your questions do nothing but avoid the issue and try to divert the conversation away from that issue.
    Thus, Red Herring.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,254

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Are insults all you have, conservative?
    What insult? I call it like I see it, almost every post from you blames Bush and ignores the present. I call it an obsession which indicates there is something there thus the question, what has GW Bush done to hurt you or your family?

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •