Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #291
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    agreed...but then you are going to get those who have absolutely no basic understanding of economics, who will say that the only jobs that were saved were union jobs....
    right...because people who work for banks are union. lol.

    and those people forget that union members consume just like everybody else.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #292
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    lol...are you trying to imply obama STOLE it?

    obama did inherit much increased debt and a deficit....i find it inexplicable why some people deny this.
    Uh, no, deficits are yearly and there is no way that Bush created a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit in 4 months, you know it, Obama knows it, but those minions that support him are simply tools. I asked you a question which of course you cannot answer so you ran from it, where did the repayment of the TARP funding go? Never said he "stole" it but the fact is shouldn't that money have gone back to the Treasury and reduced the deficit?

  3. #293
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    right...because people who work for banks are union. lol.

    and those people forget that union members consume just like everybody else.
    Who pays for govt. employee unions?

  4. #294
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    and like i have said all along, the recovery would take time, and it is, and we are improving, your own numbers show this...i'm realistic, i knew it would take time to clean up this mess, and it has, and still is, and i knew the recovery wouldnt happen overnight, and it hasnt, and i knew this when obama took office...i, unlike you, didnt expect him to just snap his fingers and everything dramatically improve...time 'conservative', time....you want to blame obama for things not recovering quickly enough for your liking, while at the same time ignoring the part your side played in creating the mess in the first place....true ideologue? yep, describes you perfectly....head buried in the sand denying that things are improving..and again, i would want to elect republicans because.......??????
    Let's see, the recession ended in June 2009 and today Ohio's unemployment dropped all the way to 10% over a year later. Cleaning up this mess is liberal rhetoric that ignores reality. Obama campaigned for the job and claimed he had an answer. Maybe if he spent more time doing his job as Senator vs. running for President he could have prevented the "mess" from becoming worse. Instead he took office and made it worse. Please explain for me why unemployment is higher each month of 2010 vs. 2009 if things are getting better?

    I would elect Republicans because Democrats promised to make things better and the results show things are worse.

  5. #295
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Are you ever going to answer the direct questions I raised? Name for me one economic prediction that Obama has made that has been accurate?
    Are you going to admit that the employment numbers you posted are seasonally adjusted and not raw numbers?


  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's see, the recession ended in June 2009 and today Ohio's unemployment dropped all the way to 10% over a year later. Cleaning up this mess is liberal rhetoric that ignores reality. Obama campaigned for the job and claimed he had an answer. Maybe if he spent more time doing his job as Senator vs. running for President he could have prevented the "mess" from becoming worse. Instead he took office and made it worse. Please explain for me why unemployment is higher each month of 2010 vs. 2009 if things are getting better?

    I would elect Republicans because Democrats promised to make things better and the results show things are worse.
    so you vote back in the same repubs that started the house of cards toppling because the dems didnt clean up the mess the repubs left fast enough for you...yeah, that makes sense and like i told you, the recovery is gonna take time, which you are unwilling to give to obama for the simple fact that there is a (D) in front of his name...you would elect republicans just because they are republicans. no accountability from you.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Are you going to admit that the employment numbers you posted are seasonally adjusted and not raw numbers?
    So there aren't 16 million unemployed Americans today? So unemployment this year is calculated differently than it was in 2009? Does it matter if it was seasonally adjusted since it was calculated the same way last year. Maybe you ought to listen to CBS 60 Minutes, hardly a Republican source as the unemployment is actually worse than 16 million.

    60 Minutes: Unemployment is really bad | The Right Scoop

  8. #298
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    so you vote back in the same repubs that started the house of cards toppling because the dems didnt clean up the mess the repubs left fast enough for you...yeah, that makes sense and like i told you, the recovery is gonna take time, which you are unwilling to give to obama for the simple fact that there is a (D) in front of his name...you would elect republicans just because they are republicans. no accountability from you.
    Didn't know that the same people who were part of the problem are running this time. Democrats not only haven't cleaned up the mess but have made it worse as the numbers show. You are in a minority trying to dig yourself out of a hole. The results trump your rhetoric. No matter how many times you want to personally attack me and distort from reality, the results trump your rhetoric.

  9. #299
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn't know that the same people who were part of the problem are running this time. Democrats not only haven't cleaned up the mess but have made it worse as the numbers show. You are in a minority trying to dig yourself out of a hole. The results trump your rhetoric. No matter how many times you want to personally attack me and distort from reality, the results trump your rhetoric.
    personally attack you? nah ....just clarifying your posistions for you, and those who follow the thread...actually doing you a favor, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone...reality is, things are improving, just not quick enough for some.

  10. #300
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So there aren't 16 million unemployed Americans today? So unemployment this year is calculated differently than it was in 2009? Does it matter if it was seasonally adjusted since it was calculated the same way last year. Maybe you ought to listen to CBS 60 Minutes, hardly a Republican source as the unemployment is actually worse than 16 million.

    60 Minutes: Unemployment is really bad | The Right Scoop
    The point is that you were being disingenuous when you posted the figures from the bls and the WSJ report is correct. And the Bush tax cuts are not the panacea you think they are, which are still in effect btw.

    Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

    The following seasonally adjusted numbers match yours.

    http://institute.ourfuture.org/files..._2001-2008.pdf


Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •