Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #261
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,581

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There are of course two better questions:

    1. Under which president did the Savings & Loans need to be bailed out? And-
    2. Under which president did the commercial banks need to be bailed out?
    Under this President there are 16 million unemployed Americans, 3 trillion added to the debt, the largest expansion of govt. in U.S. history, 1.6% economic growth the year AFTER a recession. Those are the results that the American people see and candidates that support Obama have to run on.

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You still want to blame Obama for what happen under Bush's watch. The economy is dues to the excesses in Wall Street and the big financial institutions. Whether or not the economy is Bush's fault, it still happened during his watch as president not during Obama's presidency. Much of the debt today is due the policies implemented during the Bush administration.

    OBTW, the Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert Murdoch, hardly a leftist.
    Unemployment went up under Obama. Obama said the stimulus would help it has not.

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    05-01-18 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,491

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There are of course two better questions:

    1. Under which president did the Savings & Loans need to be bailed out? And-
    2. Under which president did the commercial banks need to be bailed out?
    both are excellent questions...

  4. #264
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,581

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    both are excellent questions...
    LOL, those are excellent questions but "where are the jobs" isn't? An excellent question is why unemployment is up each month of 2010 vs. 2009 after spending 862 billion dollars, why? An excellent question is name for me an economic prediction of Obama's that has been accurate?

    "your" empty suit President is a disaster and you cannot admit that you were duped by his rhetoric.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,581

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Unemployment went up under Obama. Obama said the stimulus would help it has not.
    Unemployment is up EVERY month of 2010 vs. 2009 and that is after the end of the recession. No other President in U.S. history had 16 million Americans unemployed.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Hhmmm.. strange that you would say that “the poll numbers show a decline in his job approval “when his numbers have actually went from 54% from the 48% he had in September.

    Another thing that is troubling, why you want to ignore history (the bush presidency) when you say in the first paragraph of your post ” to continue to focus on the past is just your way of ignoring the present then three paragraphs down you create a history strawman quiz” Name for me any President in U.S. History that had worse unemployment numbers one year AFTER a recession ended. “Very puzzling.


    (President Obama’s approval ratings have jumped substantially, crossing the magic halfway threshold to 54 percent, up from 48 percent in late September, while the portion of respondents who disapprove of the president dropped to 40 percent, the lowest disapproval rating in a NEWSWEEK Poll since February 2010.)


    Poll: Obama Approval Jumps, Dems More Fired Up - Newsweek
    Nice try

    Fox News Poll: Obama Job Approval Down, Few Think Stimulus Helped - FoxNews.com

    Presidential Job Approval Center

  7. #267
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    05-01-18 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,491

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, those are excellent questions but "where are the jobs" isn't? An excellent question is why unemployment is up each month of 2010 vs. 2009 after spending 862 billion dollars, why? An excellent question is name for me an economic prediction of Obama's that has been accurate?

    "your" empty suit President is a disaster and you cannot admit that you were duped by his rhetoric.
    i see that again, i have to remind you that he is 'your' president as well....exactly how was i duped? lets see.......vote again for the group of(republican) idiots that led us down the path of economic ruin, or vote for something different(obama), and see where it leads...unlike you, i will hold my representatives accountable, and they won't get my vote from me if i don't believe they are making an effort to keep the country going in the right direction...i won't vote for someone 'just because' they are a republican or democrat, or independent, unlike you, who blindly gives his loyalty to the republican party. i used to be a reliable republican vote, no more....after several elections of being continuosly lied to, enough is enough...vote for us!! vote republican!! we will cut taxes, balance the budget, create jobs and prosperity for all!! vote republican!!! yet all i seen was budget deficit after budget deficit, the poor getting poorer, the rich getting richer, tax breaks for corporations that were sending our jobs overseas...now exactly, why should i want to see republicans in power anytime soon?? they could use a good 25-30 years out in the political wilderness to straighten them out.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,581

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i see that again, i have to remind you that he is 'your' president as well....exactly how was i duped? lets see.......vote again for the group of(republican) idiots that led us down the path of economic ruin, or vote for something different(obama), and see where it leads...unlike you, i will hold my representatives accountable, and they won't get my vote from me if i don't believe they are making an effort to keep the country going in the right direction...i won't vote for someone 'just because' they are a republican or democrat, or independent, unlike you, who blindly gives his loyalty to the republican party. i used to be a reliable republican vote, no more....after several elections of being continuosly lied to, enough is enough...vote for us!! vote republican!! we will cut taxes, balance the budget, create jobs and prosperity for all!! vote republican!!! yet all i seen was budget deficit after budget deficit, the poor getting poorer, the rich getting richer, tax breaks for corporations that were sending our jobs overseas...now exactly, why should i want to see republicans in power anytime soon?? they could use a good 25-30 years out in the political wilderness to straighten them out.
    Yes, he is my President too but the "your" means someone I believe you voted for and continue to support.

    You get caught up in the rhetoric and ignore the actual facts. Fact is that Democrats controlled the Congress when we went into recession ONE YEAR after they took control. Fact is you ignore that Bush had 52 straight months of strong economic growth and positive job growth so yes, I would love to get back to that. Stop buying the rhetoric and tell me what Obama has done that has made things better?

    Then you come up with the "blindly voting for a Republican" bs. I am a conservative, proud of it. I grew up a Democrat but have always been a conservative. There are not conservatives in today's Democrat Party thus not one Democrat I could support today.

    This country cannot afford 25-30 of this kind of economic polocy, so answer the question, what economic prediction or policy has Obama made that has been accurate and made things better?

  9. #269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    05-01-18 @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,491

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, he is my President too but the "your" means someone I believe you voted for and continue to support.

    You get caught up in the rhetoric and ignore the actual facts. Fact is that Democrats controlled the Congress when we went into recession ONE YEAR after they took control. Fact is you ignore that Bush had 52 straight months of strong economic growth and positive job growth so yes, I would love to get back to that. Stop buying the rhetoric and tell me what Obama has done that has made things better?

    Then you come up with the "blindly voting for a Republican" bs. I am a conservative, proud of it. I grew up a Democrat but have always been a conservative. There are not conservatives in today's Democrat Party thus not one Democrat I could support today.

    This country cannot afford 25-30 of this kind of economic polocy, so answer the question, what economic prediction or policy has Obama made that has been accurate and made things better?
    this country can't afford another round of republican leadership at this time. and the 'bs' part...i think i have you pegged right, if the name doesnt have an (R) in front of it, you won't vote for that person, your default setting is (R)

  10. #270
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72,581

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    this country can't afford another round of republican leadership at this time. and the 'bs' part...i think i have you pegged right, if the name doesnt have an (R) in front of it, you won't vote for that person, your default setting is (R)
    I asked you a specific question and you ignored it going back to the liberal talking points. Exactly what did the Republicans do that caused the crisis we have today and why didn't the Democrat controlled Congress prevent it from happening?

    As stated, and of course it went right over your head, I am a conservative. Who in the Democrat Party today is a conservative? Anyone that supports what Obama is doing isn't a conservative and you know it.

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •