Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #241
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? The Wall Street Journal is the keeper of employment and unemployment data? Interesting, cite your source? Have you told the govt. yet that they no longer need the Bureau of Labor Statistics?

    Now what does any of this have to do with the present? How is that hope and change working out for you? 16 million unemployed Americans, 4 million less employed today than when he took office( guess the population dropped, right?)

    Please name for me any other President that one year after a recession ended had these kind of unemployment numbers? Unemployment should be dropping but isn't. Economic growth should be greater but it isn't. Hard for you to admit that you were duped by this empty suit, isn't it?
    You still want to blame Obama for what happen under Bush's watch. The economy is dues to the excesses in Wall Street and the big financial institutions. Whether or not the economy is Bush's fault, it still happened during his watch as president not during Obama's presidency. Much of the debt today is due the policies implemented during the Bush administration.

    OBTW, the Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert Murdoch, hardly a leftist.


  2. #242
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You still want to blame Obama for what happen under Bush's watch. The economy is dues to the excesses in Wall Street and the big financial institutions. Whether or not the economy is Bush's fault, it still happened during his watch as president not during Obama's presidency. Much of the debt today is due the policies implemented during the Bush administration.

    OBTW, the Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert Murdoch, hardly a leftist.
    You still want to blame Bush for what's happened under Obama's watch. And as long as Media Matters says so, you'll continue.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You still want to blame Obama for what happen under Bush's watch. The economy is dues to the excesses in Wall Street and the big financial institutions. Whether or not the economy is Bush's fault, it still happened during his watch as president not during Obama's presidency. Much of the debt today is due the policies implemented during the Bush administration.

    OBTW, the Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert Murdoch, hardly a leftist.
    Nope, there is enough blame to go around but to continue to focus on the past is just your way of ignoring the present and diverting from the Obama results. What you want to do is ignore what Obama has done and how he has made it worse.

    Obama is President, he started campaigning for the job after his first year in the Senate and his resume shows someone who lacked any management or leadership skills so we are getting the results many of us expected. You are the one that wants to keep Bush in the discussion when Bush has been gone for two years.

    I am waiting for you to answer the direct questions raised but doubt will ever happen. Name for me any President in U.S. History that had worse unemployment numbers one year AFTER a recession ended. Name for me one President in U.S. History who one year after the recession had higher unemployment each month than when the recession ended so Obama is the issue, not Bush.

    There is a reason that the poll numbers show a decline in his job approval ratings. Apparently there are still some like you that never will "get it."

  4. #244
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not sure the purpose of continuing this
    Ok how about the fact that in one fell swoop President Bush took away two of my amendment rights. That is why President Bush is a worse president.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Ok how about the fact that in one fell swoop President Bush took away two of my amendment rights. That is why President Bush is a worse president.
    LOL, what amendment rights did Bush take away from you, that is total BS. If you mean the Patriot Act, Obama reauthorized it and made it tougher. Looks like Obama wants to take away more of your privacy than Bush ever did. Name for me any AMERICAN prosecuted under the Patriot Act?

    Obama Admin Wants to Allow Web Wiretapping
    7:50 PM - September 30, 2010 - By Jane McEntegart -

    The Obama administration is preparing to submit a bill to lawmakers that would make it possible for law enforcement officials to 'wiretap the internet' if they need to
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-24-10 at 10:40 PM.

  6. #246
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nope, there is enough blame to go around but to continue to focus on the past is just your way of ignoring the present and diverting from the Obama results. What you want to do is ignore what Obama has done and how he has made it worse.

    Obama is President, he started campaigning for the job after his first year in the Senate and his resume shows someone who lacked any management or leadership skills so we are getting the results many of us expected. You are the one that wants to keep Bush in the discussion when Bush has been gone for two years.

    I am waiting for you to answer the direct questions raised but doubt will ever happen. Name for me any President in U.S. History that had worse unemployment numbers one year AFTER a recession ended. Name for me one President in U.S. History who one year after the recession had higher unemployment each month than when the recession ended so Obama is the issue, not Bush.

    There is a reason that the poll numbers show a decline in his job approval ratings. Apparently there are still some like you that never will "get it."
    Hhmmm.. strange that you would say that “the poll numbers show a decline in his job approval “when his numbers have actually went from 54% from the 48% he had in September.

    Another thing that is troubling, why you want to ignore history (the bush presidency) when you say in the first paragraph of your post ” to continue to focus on the past is just your way of ignoring the present then three paragraphs down you create a history strawman quiz” Name for me any President in U.S. History that had worse unemployment numbers one year AFTER a recession ended. “Very puzzling.


    (President Obama’s approval ratings have jumped substantially, crossing the magic halfway threshold to 54 percent, up from 48 percent in late September, while the portion of respondents who disapprove of the president dropped to 40 percent, the lowest disapproval rating in a NEWSWEEK Poll since February 2010.)


    Poll: Obama Approval Jumps, Dems More Fired Up - Newsweek
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #247
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Man, you are like a dog on a bone.
    I addressed your video and the contents three times:
    Page 17
    10-16-10 @ 4:02 pm
    This doesnt exit. Try a link.

    Page 18
    10-20-10 @ 9:20 pm
    Yes, President Obama made critiacl statements against President Bush. Saying what President Bush did was poor judgement.
    Yes...This is The Obama describing how/why GWB was a "poor" President.

    John Stewart pointed out how President Obama has made similar choices.
    Actually, he pointed out how The Obma was doing the same thing or expanding the things that made GWB a poor President.

    So... If you agree that those things made GWB a poor president, you cannot help but agree that The Obama, who has continued or expanded those things, is worse.
    Nothing you have posted here does anything but AGREE with the argument.

    Here is what you leave out. If you want to use John Stewart as a litnus test for poor judgement then lets count the number of times he used President Bushs words against him
    This was "left out" because it it completely irrelevant to my point, and is noithing but a red herring offered up by you to try to avoid that point.


    10-21-10 @ 8:05 PM
    In the 8:30 clip John Stewart takes a few of President Obamas campaign statements where he was critical of President Bush and in a very funny way expresses how in fact he did not change anything at all. Instead he continued in the very same way in which President Bush did.
    Yes...This is The Obama describing how/why GWB was a "poor" President.
    He then pointed out how The Obma was doing the same thing or expanding the things that made GWB a poor President.
    So... If you agree that those things made GWB a poor president, you cannot help but agree that The Obama, who has continued or expanded those things, is worse.
    Nothing you have posted here does anything but AGREE with the argument.

    I dont know what more you want from me.
    To directly address my premise, and either show how it is unsounrd or admit that you cannot.
    You have done nothing other than restate my premise and agred that the supporting arguments are true.
    If GWB pwas a poor president because he did XWZ then The Obama -must- be a more poor President because the did >WYZ

  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Hhmmm.. strange that you would say that “the poll numbers show a decline in his job approval “when his numbers have actually went from 54% from the 48% he had in September.

    Another thing that is troubling, why you want to ignore history (the bush presidency) when you say in the first paragraph of your post ” to continue to focus on the past is just your way of ignoring the present then three paragraphs down you create a history strawman quiz” Name for me any President in U.S. History that had worse unemployment numbers one year AFTER a recession ended. “Very puzzling.


    (President Obama’s approval ratings have jumped substantially, crossing the magic halfway threshold to 54 percent, up from 48 percent in late September, while the portion of respondents who disapprove of the president dropped to 40 percent, the lowest disapproval rating in a NEWSWEEK Poll since February 2010.)


    Poll: Obama Approval Jumps, Dems More Fired Up - Newsweek
    Rasmussen has him at 46, Gallup has him at 41%. Newsweek poll is skewed highly Democrat per the *

    RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

    Why would anyone but the brain dead support Obama with the results he has generated? What exactly has he done that deserves support? Anyone that supports him buys the rhetoric and ignores the results.

    Higher unemployment each month of 2010 vs. 2009
    4 million less employed today than when he took office
    over 3 trillion added to the debt
    unfunded mandates to the states with Obamacare
    1.6% GDP growth which is down vs. 2009.

    One of these days Obama supporters are going to wake up and wonder what happened.
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-24-10 at 11:22 PM.

  9. #249
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why would anyone but the brain dead support Obama with the results he has generated?
    Barack Obama (D)

  10. #250
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Barack Obama (D)
    There certainly isn't any logic with an Obama supporter as it is all about the D after the name and personal feelings. Notice that no one can give a logic, factual reason to support the Obama agenda.

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •