Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #191
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    When you can actually address the argument I present, let me know. Else, it remains sound.
    If you belive that GWB was a terrible president because of XYZ, you -must- conclude that The Obama is a worse president because of >XYZ.
    No other conclusion is possible.
    So you admit your entire argument is that because of the statments made by President Obama regarding some of the policies of President Bush. Such that when President Obama did not change those policies he critisized. He is therefore a worse president.

  2. #192
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    According to Biden, the greatest success of The Obama's adminitration so far is not screwing up GWB's plan to exit Iraq.
    Lets not start with Biden. He is almost as bad as President Bush.

  3. #193
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    So you admit your entire argument is that because of the statments made by President Obama regarding some of the policies of President Bush. Such that when President Obama did not change those policies he critisized. He is therefore a worse president.
    When you can actually address the argument I present, let me know. Else, it remains sound.
    If you belive that GWB was a terrible president because of XYZ, you -must- conclude that The Obama is a worse president because of >XYZ.
    No other conclusion is possible.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    I do not agree with the money being spent by Predisent Obama any more than I did with President Bush. They both have spent my money in and unwise way with a total disregard for the fact that WE are paying for it.

    I do beleive that a few things have been a success. The new airline rules have helped. The new requirement that fast food will be required to include ingrediants and health facts will be good. The new rules on gift cards was needed. Getting the troops out of Iraq was a good move. If I did point out something that was a success would you be able to admit it. . .

    Again, not a fan of President Obama but your claim that he is responsible for the current economic situation is so unreasonable that its hard to use logic. Because your statements are not based upon logic or fact.

    Please answer this, when was the first budget that President Obama signed.


    Don't you see what you are pointing to as a success is expansion of the Federal govt. and massive regulations?

    Getting the troops out of Iraq was the Bush doctrine and had nothing to do with Obama however looks to me like he is turnning victory into defeat. Obama kept Gates and then brought back Petraeus to save his rear in Afghanistan so I don't see anything on the security issue that is truly Obama's. Correct me where I am wrong?

    Why do you say that Bush alone created the economic mess we are in? How can any President especially one with a Democrat Congress from January 2007 to the end of his term do that damage alone? Wasn't Obama in the Congress? Maybe if he had done a better job of doing his job instead of running for the next one things would have gotten better. Instead all Obama has done is blame Bush and then made things worse. Stop buying the rhetoric and get the facts.

    Obama signed the first budget in mid 2009 for fiscal year 2010 and that was over a trillion dollar deficit. Just because a President signs a budget doesn't mean that President cannot cut spending with the help of Congress. Obama didn't do that and in fact put Bush spending on steroids. It was indeed the Bush budget for 2009 but it was Obama that created the 862 billion stimulus, took over GM/Chrysler, and had 350 billion of the TARP money to spend in 2009 so when he blames Bush for the deficit, he lied. Where did the TARP bailout repayment go that came in during 2009?

    Now answer the question I raised how did Bush create a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit in 4 months of fiscal year 2009?

  5. #195
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Don't you see what you are pointing to as a success is expansion of the Federal govt. and massive regulations?

    Getting the troops out of Iraq was the Bush doctrine and had nothing to do with Obama however looks to me like he is turnning victory into defeat. Obama kept Gates and then brought back Petraeus to save his rear in Afghanistan so I don't see anything on the security issue that is truly Obama's. Correct me where I am wrong?

    Why do you say that Bush alone created the economic mess we are in? How can any President especially one with a Democrat Congress from January 2007 to the end of his term do that damage alone? Wasn't Obama in the Congress? Maybe if he had done a better job of doing his job instead of running for the next one things would have gotten better. Instead all Obama has done is blame Bush and then made things worse. Stop buying the rhetoric and get the facts.

    Obama signed the first budget in mid 2009 for fiscal year 2010 and that was over a trillion dollar deficit. Just because a President signs a budget doesn't mean that President cannot cut spending with the help of Congress. Obama didn't do that and in fact put Bush spending on steroids. It was indeed the Bush budget for 2009 but it was Obama that created the 862 billion stimulus, took over GM/Chrysler, and had 350 billion of the TARP money to spend in 2009 so when he blames Bush for the deficit, he lied. Where did the TARP bailout repayment go that came in during 2009?

    Now answer the question I raised how did Bush create a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit in 4 months of fiscal year 2009?
    I do not want an expansion of the Federal Govt. I also do not want the government to take my money and put it in the pocket of Big Business. Those items I mentioned do not create massive regulations. According to what your saying we should stop inspecting our food products. That its ok to have issues with our beef, eggs, spinich. Im not saying I want NO government. I think the roll should be to protect cunsumers not the pocket of big business.

    I never wanted the troops in Iraq. I still dont know why we sent them in the first place.

    I did not say President Bush alone created the economic mess we are in. But neither did President Obama. Talking about deregulation. Consider what roll that played. You would have thought that we learned that lesson in 1928.

    So we have had President Obamas fiscal policy in place for a year. While I do not agree with the amout we are spending your statments make it sound like he is to blame for our economic situation and he is not. I did not agree with the stimulus or the take over of GM/Chrysler. I think it was wrong. I also disagreed with helping the banks. Any bank to big to fail is to big. . .period. I beleive the reference to the deficit was on the 2009 budget. Not sure.

    I never said President Bush created a 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit in 4 months. Not sure where those numbers came from. Maybe was his 2009 budget and on top he signed <3 days into the 2009 budget> the 700 billion stimulus.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    ender1;1059058305]I do not want an expansion of the Federal Govt. I also do not want the government to take my money and put it in the pocket of Big Business. Those items I mentioned do not create massive regulations. According to what your saying we should stop inspecting our food products. That its ok to have issues with our beef, eggs, spinich. Im not saying I want NO government. I think the roll should be to protect cunsumers not the pocket of big business.
    I never wanted the troops in Iraq. I still dont know why we sent them in the first place.

    Not sure where you get your information but apparently you buy what you are told instead of doing some research. Do you realize that your dollars aren't going to big business or any other business? It is all about tax credits coming off the income that businesses have earned not checks from the Treasury to businesses. Do you realize that 80% of the businesses in this country aren't BIG Business? Those are the job creators but when you attack business in general it isn't the big businesses getting hurt, it is the smaller businesses.

    As for regulations, how about enforcing the ones we have instead of creating more. None of the regulations Obama has implemented change the fact that we already had regulations to protect the consumers. All his efforts have been for show and the results speak for themselves. Look at results instead of listening to rhetoric.

    Yes, his reference was for fiscal year 2009 so explain to me how President Bush is responsible for the 862 billion dollar stimulus spending which added to the debt, GM/Chrysler bailout which added to the debt, and 350 billion of TARP money left for Obama to spend? Obama told us he inherited the 1.3 trillion deficit before fiscal year 2009 was even over which is just another Obama lie.

    I did not say President Bush alone created the economic mess we are in. But neither did President Obama. Talking about deregulation. Consider what roll that played. You would have thought that we learned that lesson in 1928.

    So we have had President Obamas fiscal policy in place for a year. While I do not agree with the amout we are spending your statments make it sound like he is to blame for our economic situation and he is not. I did not agree with the stimulus or the take over of GM/Chrysler. I think it was wrong. I also disagreed with helping the banks. Any bank to big to fail is to big. . .period. I beleive the reference to the deficit was on the 2009 budget. Not sure.
    Obama's fiscal policy started with the stimulus in February 2009. He has put Bush spending on steroids and with what results? Results matter, not rhetoric and Obama's results speak volumes. According to NBER the recession ended in June 2009 yet in 2010 economic growth is lower than 2009 and unemployment is higher each month vs. 2009. How do you explain that.

    Many here have blamed Bush but ignore the role of Congress. Many further ignore results and instead buy the rhetoric. How can a recession that ended 4 months after Obama took office have anything to do with Obama policies? Then with the recession ending last June why is economic growth worse now than it was then and unemployment higher now than it was then yet be Bush's fault?



    I never said President Bush created a 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit in 4 months. Not sure where those numbers came from. Maybe was his 2009 budget and on top he signed <3 days into the 2009 budget> the 700 billion stimulus
    You aren't saying it but Obama did, how did Obama inherit a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit for a fiscal year that ended in September 2009, 8 months AFTER he took office. Point being he added to the Bush budgets and thus is responsible for that deficit just like Bush therefore he cannot inherit what he helped create.
    Last edited by Conservative; 10-24-10 at 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the forest
    Last Seen
    10-25-10 @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    104

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Obama is a gigantic glittering failure of monstrous proportions.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fate View Post
    Obama is a gigantic glittering failure of monstrous proportions.
    Obama supporters aren't going to admit what more and more people are seeing. All I ever asked an Obama supporter to do was research the rhetoric and verify it with actual facts. When you do that you will see that Obama rhetoric has been nothing but one big lie after another. Too many confuse personal popularity with actual results. The facts are there for all to see but some simply cannot admit they were wrong. Obama got 52% of the vote in 2008, today his popularity is around 42% so he lost 10% of those that supported him and the question is why? The answer, results matter more than rhetoric.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the forest
    Last Seen
    10-25-10 @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    104

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama supporters aren't going to admit what more and more people are seeing. All I ever asked an Obama supporter to do was research the rhetoric and verify it with actual facts. When you do that you will see that Obama rhetoric has been nothing but one big lie after another. Too many confuse personal popularity with actual results. The facts are there for all to see but some simply cannot admit they were wrong. Obama got 52% of the vote in 2008, today his popularity is around 42% so he lost 10% of those that supported him and the question is why? The answer, results matter more than rhetoric.
    Results are not important to the liberal moonbats. All you need are "good intentions". Obama means well. It's impossible for a liberal to fail. All they need are good intentions. The dipstick got a Nobel Peace Prize by a group of elitist liberals just for being elected President. Good intentions.

  10. #200
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    When you can actually address the argument I present, let me know. Else, it remains sound.
    If you belive that GWB was a terrible president because of XYZ, you -must- conclude that The Obama is a worse president because of >XYZ.
    No other conclusion is possible.
    Do you think President Bush was a good president.

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •