Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #181
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    You must have an OCD because thats all you keep saying. You have no real argument so I win.
    This IS my argument, one you have yet to counter.
    You win? Keep dreaming.

  2. #182
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    10-23-10 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Thanks for that quote from Sobran. . . made me chuckle.

    Always interesting reading political post sites. . .
    People with answers ask how could it be and risk the ridicule.
    People with ideologies typically have hearing deficiencies.
    People who lose complain about what is.
    People who win think they are right and justified.
    The winners and the losers change places regularly.

  3. #183
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    10-23-10 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    For every problem, there is a final solution.
    -Goobieman

    But rarely one all will agree on.

  4. #184
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    10-23-10 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    All Presidents spend money – or rather get the Congress to do it. The spending amount is due to their economic and political philosophy. Bush and Obama both got into office having made a lot of promises. Both entered with their own agenda and ideology. Both were smashed against the wall with the reality of being President (i.e. the collective nation is not as nice as your constituents at rallies. The rest of the world does not care much what you promised to the American people - they have their own agenda. The things you didn’t know before entering the Presidency (restricted information) now seem like really, really, big problems, and the Economic dynamics are much greater and more complex than Econ101)

    Bush was faced with his problems: Twin Towers, Katrina, Middle east tension, Oil price manipulation . . .on and on. . . He is mostly a free market Conservative with a compassion for older people. And regardless of what a person thinks about the middle east. . . the lack of free flow of oil for this country – considering that there is so much attention given to not using resources in our own country – will devastate this country making the Great Recession look like a mud puddle in an ocean of poverty.

    Obama, too has had his issues, too: a sinking global (not just American) economy. The world economy did not collapse simply because of what greedy bankers and Wall Street did (although that certainly did not help), how to maintain a better-than-horrific stability for those caught up in the collateral damage of globalization (i.e. comparative advantage, free trade, etc); How to deal with the Middle East. . .ongoing theme for the next several Presidents. Obama has a great deal of compassion for minorities and people that haven’t been able to (through lack of opportunity, training, circumstances or desire) move into better economic situations. Those same people were slammed even harder during this economic dump. He has also had the same millennia-old problem (that Bush did) of thugs in the middle east that refuse to compromise and would rather manipulate the media instead of come up with real solutions. He runs left of center and created a pretty big expectation for what he would cure while in office. However, like any ideologue, answers come from only one side of the isle.

    The money methods are what we argue about, though. One person is a Keynesian, the other free-market. Both have a place. The market will eventually balance out after the storm of capital redistribution, all by itself. Keynes just thought that he could make the landing softer by increasing government spending. . . . True, but it has a cost – debt and inflation.

    What we will always be arguing here, folks, are the periphery of the real core issues. And at the base of the core issues are how can I make someone else do what I am sure is right. Good Luck.

    Don't worry. Not all my posts will be this long.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,329

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Valentine View Post
    Obama has already been nominated the 15th best president. Ranking 24 places higher than Bush.

    President Bush by far did the worst job as president than any one else has in a long while. He is the reason we are in this current crisis, along with everyone he allowed to have a hand in the 9/11 incident and the "War on Terror".

    If you don't believe this you a fool.
    Sounds a lot like personal feelings not based upon any facts. Obama won the election with 52% of the vote and today has 42% approval ratings so something has happened to cost him 10% and that is the numbers. Some here blame Bush without knowing the basic facts. GW Bush never had a trillion dollar deficit and GW Bush never had 16 million unemployed Americans. NBER claims that the recession Obama claims he inherited ended in June 2009 yet the economic conditions are worse today than they were last year, higher unemployment each month of 2010 vs. 2009, higher deficits, and lower economic growth.

    Facts always get in the way of the feelings of far too many. I would take GW Bush back in a heartbeat and so would millions of Americans.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,329

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Fail to respond to clip. . you being arrogent. . . insult my ability to comprehend english. Are you trying to insult me?? Come on you can do better than that.

    You offered no other argument than the clip so to this point it was your ONLY argument. It was an 8:30 minute skit from someone who has made a living off of makeing a joke of President Bush and the Republican party. Yes, President Obama made critiacl statements against President Bush. Saying what President Bush did was poor judgement. John Stewart pointed out how President Obama has made similar choices. Here is what you leave out. If you want to use John Stewart as a litnus test for poor judgement then lets count the number of times he used President Bushs words against him. I win.

    Stop trying to insulting me and bring up a real point. Your logic on your last statement is so wacked its hard to even try to point out why its so wrong.
    Please name for me one success of Barack Obama in two years and any economic prediction that he has been accurate. Based purely on economics Obama has been a disaster and continues to promote his big govt. agenda totally turning his back on the private sector. Far too many buy the rhetoric and ignore the substance.

    Obama claimed he "inherited" a 1.3 trillion dollar DEFICITS. That is a lie, deficits are yearly and the fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September so there is no way that Bush created a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit from October 2009 to January 2010.

    Obama claims he brought us back from the brink when the reality was it was TARP that saved the banks and that was a Bush program. TARP was passed in October 2008, 700 billion, and Bush spent 350 billion leaving 350 billion for Obama. Much of TARP was paid back so what did Obama do with the money?

    Obama claimed that the stimulus plan was going to keep unemployment from exceeding 8% and had to be passed immediately. It was passed in February 2009 and unemployment went up and continues to be high today. Unemployment every month of 2010 is higher than it was in 2009 so please tell us how the Stimulus plan helped anyone

    NBER claims that the recession that Obama says he inherited, although he was part of the Congress that did nothing to prevent it, ended in June 2009 yet economic results in 2010 are less than 2009.

    GW Bush never had a trillion dollar deficits and two years into office Obama has had two.

    GW Bush never had 16 million unemployed Americans and in spite of the stimulus there are over 2 million less employed people today than in December 2008

    Facts are a difficult thing to acknowledge by a liberal most of whom operate on feelings fueled by ignorance.

  7. #187
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This IS my argument, one you have yet to counter.
    You win? Keep dreaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Second, in my saying "start here", it shoudl be clear to anyone familiar with the English language that said clip was NOT my entire argument, just the beginning.
    Now your argument means a little as your claim to have grasp of the english language.

  8. #188
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Now your argument means a little as your claim to have grasp of the english language.
    When you can actually address the argument I present, let me know. Else, it remains sound.
    If you belive that GWB was a terrible president because of XYZ, you -must- conclude that The Obama is a worse president because of >XYZ.
    No other conclusion is possible.

  9. #189
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please name for me one success of Barack Obama in two years...
    According to Biden, the greatest success of The Obama's adminitration so far is not screwing up GWB's plan to exit Iraq.

  10. #190
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please name for me one success of Barack Obama in two years and any economic prediction that he has been accurate. Based purely on economics Obama has been a disaster and continues to promote his big govt. agenda totally turning his back on the private sector. Far too many buy the rhetoric and ignore the substance.

    Obama claimed he "inherited" a 1.3 trillion dollar DEFICITS. That is a lie, deficits are yearly and the fiscal year of the U.S. runs from October to September so there is no way that Bush created a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit from October 2009 to January 2010.

    Obama claims he brought us back from the brink when the reality was it was TARP that saved the banks and that was a Bush program. TARP was passed in October 2008, 700 billion, and Bush spent 350 billion leaving 350 billion for Obama. Much of TARP was paid back so what did Obama do with the money?

    Obama claimed that the stimulus plan was going to keep unemployment from exceeding 8% and had to be passed immediately. It was passed in February 2009 and unemployment went up and continues to be high today. Unemployment every month of 2010 is higher than it was in 2009 so please tell us how the Stimulus plan helped anyone

    NBER claims that the recession that Obama says he inherited, although he was part of the Congress that did nothing to prevent it, ended in June 2009 yet economic results in 2010 are less than 2009.

    GW Bush never had a trillion dollar deficits and two years into office Obama has had two.

    GW Bush never had 16 million unemployed Americans and in spite of the stimulus there are over 2 million less employed people today than in December 2008

    Facts are a difficult thing to acknowledge by a liberal most of whom operate on feelings fueled by ignorance.
    I do not agree with the money being spent by Predisent Obama any more than I did with President Bush. They both have spent my money in and unwise way with a total disregard for the fact that WE are paying for it.

    I do beleive that a few things have been a success. The new airline rules have helped. The new requirement that fast food will be required to include ingrediants and health facts will be good. The new rules on gift cards was needed. Getting the troops out of Iraq was a good move. If I did point out something that was a success would you be able to admit it. . .

    Again, not a fan of President Obama but your claim that he is responsible for the current economic situation is so unreasonable that its hard to use logic. Because your statements are not based upon logic or fact.

    Please answer this, when was the first budget that President Obama signed.

Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •