Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #471
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I understand unfunded mandates pretty well,such has unfounded tax cuts. You must have forgotten where I showed you what damage unfunded mandates did to the national debt, between the years of 2001-2008. It was here.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...-poor-121.html

    in post #1207.unlike you, I provide links.




    "Life expectancy has nothing to do with health care?" GOOD GRIEF MAN, what planet are you from? Oh, I forgot you live in Texas, with its 4,675 deaths due to lack of health insurance per year. Second only to Calyfornia with its 5,302 deaths due to lack of health insurance.





    No, the main health issue facing this nation is not health insurance, its HEALTHCARE. Healthcare if not addressed and the cost keeps going as it has in the past, will bankrupt this country. How long do you think that we can have healthcare going up at the rate of almost ten percent a year?




    Says the guy that thinks that “life expectancy in this country has nothing to do with who has or doesn't have health care “.
    You live in the wrong country, we have freedoms in this country that allow you to pick up and leave any time you want. No health insurance in the world is going to stop people from eating, drinking, smoking too much or not exercising. No person in this country is denied treatment and no person in this country is forced to go to the doctor even with insurance.

    You really are very naive but a typical liberal who overreacts to every issue. It isn't the taxpayers responsibility to provide you health insurance and there is no guarantee that you will use it or even get into seeing a doctor when you need to. MA has health insurance for all citizens and ER's are overcrowded as there aren't enough doctors working the hours needed to service the demand. That is exactly what is going to happen when you add another 40 million to the healthcare roles.

    Like all liberals you simply cannot accept the fact that you may be wrong. For me it isn't a matter of you possibly being wrong but the fact is that you ARE wrong.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You live in the wrong country, we have freedoms in this country that allow you to pick up and leave any time you want. No health insurance in the world is going to stop people from eating, drinking, smoking too much or not exercising. No person in this country is denied treatment and no person in this country is forced to go to the doctor even with insurance.

    You really are very naive but a typical liberal who overreacts to every issue. It isn't the taxpayers responsibility to provide you health insurance and there is no guarantee that you will use it or even get into seeing a doctor when you need to. MA has health insurance for all citizens and ER's are overcrowded as there aren't enough doctors working the hours needed to service the demand. That is exactly what is going to happen when you add another 40 million to the healthcare roles.

    Like all liberals you simply cannot accept the fact that you may be wrong. For me it isn't a matter of you possibly being wrong but the fact is that you ARE wrong.
    How do you reconcile the two bolded areas

    If no one is denied medical treatment, how on earth would 40 million people be added to the health care roles. If they were receiving treatment they would be on healthcare roles would they not
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  3. #473
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    How do you reconcile the two bolded areas

    If no one is denied medical treatment, how on earth would 40 million people be added to the health care roles. If they were receiving treatment they would be on healthcare roles would they not
    People get medical treatment now, either at healthcare clinics or the ER and that is being done without Obamacare. As I pointed out and everyone here that supports Obamacare ignores, MA has universal healthcare. I have posted the results but since you and others don't want to recognize those results, do your own research and find out what is on the horizon for Obamacare.

  4. #474
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,137

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    People get medical treatment now, either at healthcare clinics or the ER and that is being done without Obamacare. As I pointed out and everyone here that supports Obamacare ignores, MA has universal healthcare. I have posted the results but since you and others don't want to recognize those results, do your own research and find out what is on the horizon for Obamacare.
    where do those people get their preventive treatment?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #475
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    where do those people get their preventive treatment?
    Where do you get yours? Providing healthcare insurance for individuals isn't the role of the govt. as that is a personal responsibility. This is a job killer for the 80% of the small businesses in this country that create the jobs. You keep buying what the empty suit in the WH tells you and the question is why?

  6. #476
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    where do those people get their preventive treatment?
    The better question is where will they get it in 2014 when this bill goes into effect. GPs are already very busy. Adding 10-15% more demand with no provision to expand supply seems unworkable.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    The better question is where will they get it in 2014 when this bill goes into effect. GPs are already very busy. Adding 10-15% more demand with no provision to expand supply seems unworkable.
    Exactly! What supporters of Obamacare don't seem to understand is supply and demand nor do they understand history. MA has universal healthcare and their ER's are overflowing with people who are covered by their insurance program. The largest rise in ER usage are people with insurance who cannot get into see their doctor because of a shortage. Long waits exist everywhere there is universal coverage because of a shortage of doctors and hospitals. Aside from this being impractical, you aptly pointed out that there is no provision to expand supply.

    http://www.justmeans.com/Will-health...ing/21286.html
    Last edited by Conservative; 11-21-10 at 10:17 AM.

  8. #478
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,137

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Where do you get yours? Providing healthcare insurance for individuals isn't the role of the govt. as that is a personal responsibility. This is a job killer for the 80% of the small businesses in this country that create the jobs. You keep buying what the empty suit in the WH tells you and the question is why?
    you insisted healthcare is available for all, and i showed you that it is not, other than for emergency services
    so, your argument, being found wrong, has now moved to another matter ... wanting to know where i get my healthcare, as if that has anything to do with the issue, and then digressing further to express that healthcare kills jobs in the small business sector
    you don't need to know about my healthcare, but yes, i do have it, including the preventive assistance that most without health insurance are without
    the uneven distribution of healthcare is what hurts small business. the equitable distribution of healthcare would be to the small business sector's benefit. that is because at present, only well established businesses can afford to offer competitive healthcare coverage for their employees. that causes the smaller businesses to be unable to compete for the best talent
    actually, Obama did not go far enough. he wasted his mandate and control of the congress when he failed to implement medicare to all citizens. he screwed up by wasting his mandate trying to appease the party of 'no'. as a result of that misguided attempt to work with republicans, we have a lesser version of public healthcare than we could have
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #479
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    justabubba;1059113864]you insisted healthcare is available for all, and i showed you that it is not, other than for emergency services
    so, your argument, being found wrong, has now moved to another matter ... wanting to know where i get my healthcare, as if that has anything to do with the issue, and then digressing further to express that healthcare kills jobs in the small business sector
    What you ignore is healthcare is an individual responsibility not a Govt. responsibility. You want to force your ideals on someone else. I provided healthcare insurance options for all my employees, I paid 80% of the cost of those premiums and never once paid minimum wage to my employees and in facts paid a lot more than the going hourly rate mandated by the govt. Most of the people were under 30 and invinceable so 50% purchased insurance. Was it my responsibility to force those others to buy insurance?

    you don't need to know about my healthcare, but yes, i do have it, including the preventive assistance that most without health insurance are without
    the uneven distribution of healthcare is what hurts small business. the equitable distribution of healthcare would be to the small business sector's benefit. that is because at present, only well established businesses can afford to offer competitive healthcare coverage for their employees. that causes the smaller businesses to be unable to compete for the best talent
    actually, Obama did not go far enough. he wasted his mandate and control of the congress when he failed to implement medicare to all citizens. he screwed up by wasting his mandate trying to appease the party of 'no'. as a result of that misguided attempt to work with republicans, we have a lesser version of public healthcare than we could have
    LOL, the party of "no" seems to be his own party. I don't know where you get your information but this country wasn't built on the principles that you believe in but was built on personal responsibility. For some reason you, like all liberals before you, have an arrogance that believes that regardless of the failures of liberals in the past you can do things better. A single payer system has been a disaster for Medicare and Medicaid yet for some reason you continue to buy the rhetoric that now things are different. Just because the individual gets some benefits doesn't make those benefits cost effective or even effective at all. The waste, fraud, abuse, as well as the dependence these programs create takes aways incentive and quality. Keep buying what this Administration tells you even though they have never been accurate on any prediction or projection.

  10. #480
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Growing up, did anyone ever teach you personal responsibility? . . .
    Being a Catholic, I taught my children both personal responsibility and being responsible to my fellow man and woman kind. Making sure the least of us have what is needed is not anti-responsibility. It's being a responsibile citizen and a good Christian.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •