Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #451
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well none of the above certainly won't cure partisan blinders
    So I have partisan blinders when I point out there is no comparison between medical research and individual healthcare insurance? How did we survive polio without Obamacare?

  2. #452
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So I have partisan blinders when I point out there is no comparison between medical research and individual healthcare insurance? How did we survive polio without Obamacare?
    Hhmm…I wonder how polio research got rolling? If I recollect it was started in 1938 as the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis, which I believe is the forerunner of the March of Dimes. Now who would be the poster boy/man in 1938 for POLIO?

    …Man that’s a real stumper but I will take a wild guess that it would be that known socialist, (according to the winger noise machine) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

    Yes fellow doobies, it was funded in 1938 by FDR, who at the age of 39 contracted the disease.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #453
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Hhmm…I wonder how polio research got rolling? If I recollect it was started in 1938 as the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis, which I believe is the forerunner of the March of Dimes. Now who would be the poster boy/man in 1938 for POLIO?

    …Man that’s a real stumper but I will take a wild guess that it would be that known socialist, (according to the winger noise machine) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

    Yes fellow doobies, it was funded in 1938 by FDR, who at the age of 39 contracted the disease.
    How in the world did that ever happen without Obamacare which is the issue, not research and development? You continue to buy the big govt. rhetoric even though history shows that big govt. doesn't solve social problems only gets bigger. There is a role for Govt. it just isn't taking over personal responsibility issues which healthcare insurance is. We don't need Obamacare to solve the healthcare problems in this country.

    You continue to buy what this empty suit and his Administration tells you and the question is why? What is it about liberalism that causes people to ignore history and actual results. 700,000 Americans are about to lose their doctors that Obama said wouldn't happen. He continues to lie to you and you buy it. Liberalism is like a cult following.

  4. #454
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How in the world did that ever happen without Obamacare which is the issue, not research and development? You continue to buy the big govt. rhetoric even though history shows that big govt. doesn't solve social problems only gets bigger. There is a role for Govt. it just isn't taking over personal responsibility issues which healthcare insurance is. We don't need Obamacare to solve the healthcare problems in this country.

    You continue to buy what this empty suit and his Administration tells you and the question is why? What is it about liberalism that causes people to ignore history and actual results. 700,000 Americans are about to lose their doctors that Obama said wouldn't happen. He continues to lie to you and you buy it. Liberalism is like a cult following.
    Kinda looks like your still ducking, dodging, laboriously building a large army of strawmen,in a vain attempt at redirecting the conversation to “Obamacare” instead of answering the question that Winston ask you in post #427. Which you haven’t answered yet. Which was…. “Do you think diseases like polio were are a local problem?”
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #455
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Kinda looks like your still ducking, dodging, laboriously building a large army of strawmen,in a vain attempt at redirecting the conversation to “Obamacare” instead of answering the question that Winston ask you in post #427. Which you haven’t answered yet. Which was…. “Do you think diseases like polio were are a local problem?”
    No, diseases like Polio are not local problems as they affect everyone. Obamacare has nothing to do with diseases like polio so let's really admit who is building the strawman here. Now you answer the question what does Polio have to do with Obamacare?

  6. #456
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, diseases like Polio are not local problems as they affect everyone. Obamacare has nothing to do with diseases like polio so let's really admit who is building the strawman here. Now you answer the question what does Polio have to do with Obamacare?
    Just what do you think Obamacare is? Obamacare the word has been tossed around.

  7. #457
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Just what do you think Obamacare is? Obamacare the word has been tossed around.
    You have to be kidding, this is a joke, right? You really think Polio or any other epidemic is on the same plane as Obamacare or National Healthcare? That is quite a stretch. How would Obamacare have prevented polio during the initial outbreak and how did we survive without it? I really don't think you have a clue as to what you are talking about trying to compare the two.

  8. #458
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have to be kidding, this is a joke, right? You really think Polio or any other epidemic is on the same plane as Obamacare or National Healthcare? That is quite a stretch. How would Obamacare have prevented polio during the initial outbreak and how did we survive without it? I really don't think you have a clue as to what you are talking about trying to compare the two.

    And I think you are on a rampage. Polio was of national concern and the nation stepped into what was a national concern in regards to healthcare for every man woman and child.

  9. #459
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And I think you are on a rampage. Polio was of national concern and the nation stepped into what was a national concern in regards to healthcare for every man woman and child.
    Polio was a disease and a national epidemic, healthcare is a personal responsibility and personal choice issue so hardly a crisis. You apparently don't know the difference. Keep buying the Obama rhetoric which hasn't been accurate on any issue.

  10. #460
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Polio was a disease and a national epidemic, healthcare is a personal responsibility and personal choice issue so hardly a crisis. You apparently don't know the difference. Keep buying the Obama rhetoric which hasn't been accurate on any issue.

    Okay fine Mr. penny wise pound foolish.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •