Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #401
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    QUOTE Conservative

    And yet Medicare is running a shortfall thus furthering my argument that no private business can competed against the govt.
    Tell that to the Medicare Advantage plans(UHC, CVH, KP) that are inundating the airwaves wanting us old folks to hire them.

    With all that waste, fraud, and abuse in Medicare you really shouldn't be pointing to a 8.8% cost because that is bogus.
    According to CMS.gov itís not bogus.

    http://www.cms.gov/NationalHealthExp...ads/tables.pdf
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #402
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why? Because healthcare is a personal responsibility, not a bureaucratic responsibility.
    less compare this to one's transportation. it too, is a personal responsibility, but notice how effectively government builds and maintains roads and air transport facilities for the use of the traveling public
    to insist healthcare is something the government should absent itself for being involved in would be like insisting there should be no public transportation systems. this is but a singular example. let me know if you need more
    It should be handled by the states and local communities and not the Federal Govt. which has proven to be inefficient in everything it does.
    yes, that government which has fielded the best military ever to be found on the planet. that's the government which you insist can't shoot straight? again, a singular example proving your premise to be very wrong; feel free to ask for more
    History shows the fallacy of your argument so why do you ignore history? No one has diagnosed the problem, only came up with a bureaucratic solution to a perceived problem to appease people like you. Why do you think it is my responsibility to pay for your insurance because I don't think it is your responsibility to pay for mine.
    now that i have proven your argument is all wet, you are welcome to come back and try again
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #403
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Yeah lets just leave it to the States:
    Texas is the uninsured capital of the United States. More than 5.8 million Texans - including 1.5 million children - lack health insurance. Texas' uninsurance rates, 1.5 to 2 times the national average, create significant problems in the financing and delivery of health care to all Texans. Those who lack insurance coverage typically enjoy far-worse health status than their insured counterparts.

    *
    TMA's 2007 Legislative Agenda on the Uninsured
    *
    Quick Statistics on the Uninsured in Texas and in the U.S.
    *
    Download table of Uninsured Rates for All 254 Texas Counties

    Health Insurance Coverage of Adults 19-64, 2006-2007, U.S. and four largest states




    Population


    Uninsured


    % Uninsured


    Rank

    United States


    182,781,250


    36,098,690


    20%




    California


    22,254,970


    5,360,940


    24%


    1

    Texas


    13,898,420


    4,214,860


    30%


    2

    Florida


    10,767,310


    2,840,920


    28%


    3

    New York


    11,807,120


    2,130,790


    18%


    4
    Health Insurance Coverage of Children 0-18, 2006-2007, U.S. and four largest states
    The Uninsured in Texas
    Well maybe not Texas.

  4. #404
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Tell that to the Medicare Advantage plans(UHC, CVH, KP) that are inundating the airwaves wanting us old folks to hire them.



    According to CMS.gov itís not bogus.

    http://www.cms.gov/NationalHealthExp...ads/tables.pdf
    Bet you don't have a problem with earmarks either for after all it "is someone else's money" isn't it? Doesn't really matter where it comes from or how much it costs as long as you get the benefits.

    You continue to ignore the costs and the entitlement mentality. When does it stop? Why should a bureaucrat in D.C. tell someone in your home town how to adminster healthcare to you?

    These programs cost more than they were ever supposed to cost and do less than they were commissioned to do thus the waste, fraud, and abuse, yet it doesn't matter to you or anyone else because you cannot see that there are alternatives other than the Federal Govt.

    As I have stated, "those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it" and what I find is liberal arrogance that claims this group of liberals can do things better than the last group of liberals.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yeah lets just leave it to the States:


    Well maybe not Texas.
    Yet, TX got it right and continues to get it right, Texans believe in personal responsibility at least the majority do. We just added 20 new Republican legislators to the State Legislature so apparently the majority in this state don't have a problem paying for their own healthcare. Seems like that is a foreign concept for liberals.

    I don't get it, where is there history of any govt. social program costing what it was supposed to cost, doing what it was supposed to do and solving a problem?

  6. #406
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    less compare this to one's transportation. it too, is a personal responsibility, but notice how effectively government builds and maintains roads and air transport facilities for the use of the traveling public
    to insist healthcare is something the government should absent itself for being involved in would be like insisting there should be no public transportation systems. this is but a singular example. let me know if you need more
    yes, that government which has fielded the best military ever to be found on the planet. that's the government which you insist can't shoot straight? again, a singular example proving your premise to be very wrong; feel free to ask for more

    now that i have proven your argument is all wet, you are welcome to come back and try again
    It is called public highways for a reason and those public highways are funded by the gasoline taxes you pay everytime you fill up. It is quite a stretch to go from individual healthcare to the highway system that is used by all. No one is preventing anyone from paying for their own healthcare.

    As for national defense that is the requirement of the govt. Guess you missed the $700 hammers. There is waste, fraud, and abuse in the military but national security is mandated by the govt. not healthcare. I don't condone the waste, fraud, and abuse in the military either but at least I understand why we have a military. Please show me where healthcare is even mentioned in the Constitution?

  7. #407
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet, TX got it right and continues to get it right, Texans believe in personal responsibility at least the majority do. We just added 20 new Republican legislators to the State Legislature so apparently the majority in this state don't have a problem paying for their own healthcare. Seems like that is a foreign concept for liberals.

    I don't get it, where is there history of any govt. social program costing what it was supposed to cost, doing what it was supposed to do and solving a problem?

    Hmmm not even a mention about what to do about the uninsured from you.

  8. #408
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hmmm not even a mention about what to do about the uninsured from you.
    To get the uninsured insured we don't need a 2000 page national healthcare bill administered by the Federal Govt. and one that 111 obama constituent groups have been granted waivers to opt out. If it is such a big issue then handle it in the states. Doesn't look like it is a big issue in TX as we added 20 Republican Legislators to the State Legislature and had repeal of Obamacare as one of the top issues.

  9. #409
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    To get the uninsured insured we don't need a 2000 page national healthcare bill administered by the Federal Govt. and one that 111 obama constituent groups have been granted waivers to opt out. If it is such a big issue then handle it in the states. Doesn't look like it is a big issue in TX as we added 20 Republican Legislators to the State Legislature and had repeal of Obamacare as one of the top issues.

    Would you like some cheese with your whine?

  10. #410
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Yet Medicare and the VA get more bang for the buck than private insurance. Amazing isnít it?

    Getting more bang for your buck is dragging our economy down I tell you!!!!

    {/s}

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •