Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #391
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    this is where Obama blew it
    he had both house of congress under his control, while teddy was still living
    he should have pushed thru an expansion of medicare for all
    he wasted his mandate, confusing the public and substantially watering down the bill in an attempt to reach a consensus with the party of 'no'
    as we see, the republicans had no intent to work with him and ran out the shot clock until he lost control of the senate ... and now the house
    he's a great statesman. less so a politician
    Is this how you operate in real life, you take a broken, bloated program that costs more than intended and is filled with fraud and waste so you expand it? Doubt that anyone promoting single payer has ever run a business thus doesn't really have a clue.

  2. #392
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    QUOTE Conservative

    Is this how you operate in real life, you take a broken, bloated program that costs more than intended and is filled with fraud and waste so you expand it?
    Yet Medicare and the VA get more bang for the buck than private insurance. Amazing isnít it?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There was no government take over. Read my statements above.
    2000 plus pages show it is

  4. #394
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Yet Medicare and the VA get more bang for the buck than private insurance. Amazing isnít it?
    Medicare today costs almost 500 billion a year so continue to dodge that fact, which is hardly the biggest bang for the buck. The original intent was millions not billions.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    2000 plus pages show it is
    No, it doesn't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #396
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Is this how you operate in real life,
    actually it is
    you take a broken, bloated program that costs more than intended and is filled with fraud and waste so you expand it?
    i diagnose the problem - the need for healthcare for all - and reach out for the most reasonable and efficient solution
    medicare and medicaid are not without problems, but when the entire nation is exposed to the aspects of the federal program which need to be changed, then there is more pressure on our representatives to effect those needed changes
    Doubt that anyone promoting single payer has ever run a business thus doesn't really have a clue.
    the thing i find most clueless about that comment is why anyone equates the operation of a nationwide system covering all citizens' healthcare needs with the operation of a for profit business
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #397
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Kinda looks like Carvel was right when he said Hillary should have lent Obama one of her balls eh?
    never eloquent, but he [carvel] makes the right call most of the time
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #398
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Medicare today costs almost 500 billion a year so continue to dodge that fact, which is hardly the biggest bang for the buck.
    There is no way you can dodge the fact that Medicare’s costs per beneficiary is 8.8% — but insurance premiums have risen at an annual rate of 9.9%.EVEN WITH ALL OF THE FRAUD.


    These numbers were 2009 numbers; before the insurance companies had an excuse to raise there rates even more.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #399
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    actually it is

    i diagnose the problem - the need for healthcare for all - and reach out for the most reasonable and efficient solution
    medicare and medicaid are not without problems, but when the entire nation is exposed to the aspects of the federal program which need to be changed, then there is more pressure on our representatives to effect those needed changes

    the thing i find most clueless about that comment is why anyone equates the operation of a nationwide system covering all citizens' healthcare needs with the operation of a for profit business
    Why? Because healthcare is a personal responsibility, not a bureaucratic responsibility. It should be handled by the states and local communities and not the Federal Govt. which has proven to be ineffecient in everything it does. History shows the fallacy of your argument so why do you ignore history? No one has diagnosed the problem, only came up with a bureaucratic solution to a perceived problem to appease people like you. Why do you think it is my responsibility to pay for your insurance because I don't think it is your responsibility to pay for mine.

  10. #400
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    There is no way you can dodge the fact that Medicare’s costs per beneficiary is 8.8% — but insurance premiums have risen at an annual rate of 9.9%.EVEN WITH ALL OF THE FRAUD.


    These numbers were 2009 numbers; before the insurance companies had an excuse to raise there rates even more.
    And yet Medicare is running a shortfall thus furthering my argument that no private business can competed against the govt. With all that waste, fraud, and abuse in Medicare you really shouldn't be pointing to a 8.8% cost because that is bogus.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •