Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #361
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Name anyone who did some thing they propse cost more than projected, private or public. We're an optomisitc people, underestimating is a national condition.
    Does it matter what a private company projects? Companies don't make profits if they are wrong and thus they go out of business if they lose enough. No such thing with the Federal Govt. as they just print more money or borrow more. Is that how you operate in real life?

  2. #362
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Does it matter what a private company projects? Companies don't make profits if they are wrong and thus they go out of business if they lose enough. No such thing with the Federal Govt. as they just print more money or borrow more. Is that how you operate in real life?
    Sure a company can make a profit and do make a profit even when they're wrong. They pass the cost on to the consumer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #363
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure a company can make a profit and do make a profit even when they're wrong. They pass the cost on to the consumer.
    Yep, and that dumb consumer that buys from them is partially to blame. You don't seem to understand personal responsibility.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, and that dumb consumer that buys from them is partially to blame. You don't seem to understand personal responsibility.
    Another wild leap? Understand personal responsibility just fine. Try supportiing your claim if you can.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Another wild leap? Understand personal responsibility just fine. Try supportiing your claim if you can.
    What claim, that people have a choice who to buy from and if they support businesses that screw the consumer they aren't responsible for it? Try doing that with a govt. that screws the people? By the way did you get the election results in Iowa? 682 State legislative offices switch to the Republicans and your state recalled Three Supreme Court Justices. Looks like the people woke up, when will you?

  6. #366
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What claim, that people have a choice who to buy from and if they support businesses that screw the consumer they aren't responsible for it? Try doing that with a govt. that screws the people? By the way did you get the election results in Iowa? 682 State legislative offices switch to the Republicans and your state recalled Three Supreme Court Justices. Looks like the people woke up, when will you?
    Your claim that the current reform has increased er visits nation wide. I've waited a long time now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your claim that the current reform has increased er visits nation wide. I've waited a long time now.
    Current reform hasn't gone into effect yet, MA is an example of what is going to happen. You cannot add 30+ million new people to the insurance roles and not increase an already overburdened ER system. If you bothered to read the articles I posted you would see that the increase in ER service is mostly due to insured people not being able to get into a doctor's office. Somehow that problem is going to magically disappear when you add another 30+ million?

    I asked you a question many times that you simply ignored, what happens if you are wrong? MA says you are wrong as do many other hospitals around the country who are seeing increases in ER usage because of the inability to get into a doctor's office.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Current reform hasn't gone into effect yet, . .
    Exactly, which makes your claim all the sillier.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #369
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I asked you a question many times that you simply ignored, what happens if you are wrong? MA says you are wrong as do many other hospitals around the country who are seeing increases in ER usage because of the inability to get into a doctor's office.
    I've answered this many times (you've ignored the answer). We adjust. We seek why and adjust. It is that simple. This si not a finished product. It will look different in years to come. A public option would have been better. And a single payer even better. But, we have to work with what was possible.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #370
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Exactly, which makes your claim all the sillier.
    Yet you supported implementing a program that will add millions to a system that has the ER rooms overburdened now without any concern about the consequences. That is what liberals do, never consider consequences. What happens if you are wrong? There aren't enough doctors now to service the needs of the public thus driving people to the ER's. What does adding millions more to the insurance roles do?

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •