Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #331
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    OK… I’m willing to take closet out of the debate. Just you and I go head to head in a true debate on the premise of whether Obama,or anything he is pushing for is “socialist “.DEAL? Go on downstairs, look over the rules and get back with me.
    If we can't agree that single payer universal health care is a socialist program, there's no debate to be had. If you think that isn't one of Obama's goals, there's no debate to be had (unless you want to have that debate with him). Either way: Water is still wet.

  2. #332
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    If we can't agree that single payer universal health care is a socialist program, there's no debate to be had. If you think that isn't one of Obama's goals, there's no debate to be had (unless you want to have that debate with him). Either way: Water is still wet.
    Most Obama supporters don't really care as it is all about rhetoric for them and feelings. Here are examples of the Obama voter and this basically says it all

    YouTube - How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters

  3. #333
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Most Obama supporters don't really care as it is all about rhetoric for them and feelings. Here are examples of the Obama voter and this basically says it all

    YouTube - How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters
    "Honesty in debate. A video of random people talking on youtube. FACT! Every Obama supporter is like this!"

    Is this the part where honour is restored?

  4. #334
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    "Honesty in debate. A video of random people talking on youtube. FACT! Every Obama supporter is like this!"

    Is this the part where honour is restored?
    Didn't know that Canadians could vote in U.S. Presidential elections but with Democrats that is a possibility. Didn't say that "every Obama supporter is like this" only that many were, enough that ignored his resume to get him elected. Looks to me like these are the rule though rather than the exception based upon the results generated. People that supported Obama didn't care about the resume nor do they care about the results today. For them it is all about feelings which is why IMO many are failures.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What matters is what the people that elected them want. The tea party is making progress because people are fed up with democrats.
    Seems they're fed up with republicans as well, but other than anger, there's not much coherent in the tea party. Again, if we're divided rather equally, with most actually wanting health to either stay the same or do more, what exactly is the mandate?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Seems they're fed up with republicans as well, but other than anger, there's not much coherent in the tea party. Again, if we're divided rather equally, with most actually wanting health to either stay the same or do more, what exactly is the mandate?
    Although off topic, wasn't it your argument that the Democrats didn't want "Death panels" which then makes it on topic, why do you continue to buy liberal lies

    http://blog.jeffchidester.com/does-p...ce-the-budget/

  7. #337
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Although off topic, wasn't it your argument that the Democrats didn't want "Death panels" which then makes it on topic, why do you continue to buy liberal lies

    Did Paul Krugman Suggest
    No one wants death panels, and as there never were any death panels, your answer doesn't address my argument at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No one wants death panels, and as there never were any death panels, your answer doesn't address my argument at all.
    Why do you buy liberal lies is answering the question. Everything Obama says he has done and every predicion he has made is a lie yet you continue to buy the rhetoric. There is no such thing as measurement of a saved job for as I pointed out saving a teacher's job is a State, not a Federal Responsiblity and bailout of of the state jobs saved those states from making tough choices. No one knows if those jobs would have been saved but our "liberal" Mayor of Houston put it best when she said that even with our shortfall "we are not going to cut police, firemen, or teachers jobs and will find the money someplace to pay these employees. What a novel thought from a "liberal" mayor!

  9. #339
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why do you buy liberal lies is answering the question. Everything Obama says he has done and every predicion he has made is a lie yet you continue to buy the rhetoric. There is no such thing as measurement of a saved job for as I pointed out saving a teacher's job is a State, not a Federal Responsiblity and bailout of of the state jobs saved those states from making tough choices. No one knows if those jobs would have been saved but our "liberal" Mayor of Houston put it best when she said that even with our shortfall "we are not going to cut police, firemen, or teachers jobs and will find the money someplace to pay these employees. What a novel thought from a "liberal" mayor!
    Again, another rant? I repeat, there were no panels and no onae argues for any such thing. Stay focused.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, another rant? I repeat, there were no panels and no onae argues for any such thing. Stay focused.
    Paul Krugman is a hero of yours as indicated by other posts. There also aren't any promises or projections made by Obama that have been correct either yet you continue to buy the rhetoric. Focus on the results and not the rhetoric. I would say stay focused but you have to focus on results at least once before staying focused.

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •