Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #311
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I think that this would make a nice subject for a debate in this seldom used part of DP “is Obama a closet socialist “.

    Any “conservative” takers?

    Battle Grounds and Disputations
    If not for the word "closet", that would be like a debate about whether water was wet. Not interested.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You better wake up, Boo, and realize the consequences of you being wrong instead of being so arrogant and refusing to admit it.

    Bangkok Post : PM: Yuan should replace dollar
    I'm not wrong. Factually, we are not a socialism and nothing Obama is doing makes or moves toward being a socialism. Reread the definition of socialism.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not wrong. Factually, we are not a socialism and nothing Obama is doing makes or moves toward being a socialism. Reread the definition of socialism.
    As stated, wake up, no one is going to directly take this country into socialism as it is going to take time. I asked you if you understand the term incrementalism, how about looking it up and then comparing that to what is actually happening. Are you really this naive or is it just an act?

  4. #314
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I am saying those elected have a mandate to do what they campaigned on such as getting rid of Obamacare
    As many people actually like what is Obama care, they may be less happy than you knw when it is gone. That's the trouble with misleading like so many did. Let people know that we'll go back to not having pre-existing conditions covered, or having children not covered, for example, and see how that flies. It's easy to get suport through misleading, but harder to hide the results of your actions later on.

    BTW, you move here was a topic change. I don't mind, but it gets confusing when you don't signal that you're going to change the topic.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 11-12-10 at 04:50 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #315
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As many people actually like what is Obama care, they may be less happy than you knw when it is gone. That's the trouble with misleading like so many did. Let people know that we'll go back to not having pre-existing conditions covered, or having children not covered, for example, and see how that flies. It's easy to get suport through misleading, but harder to hide the results of your actions later on.

    BTW, you move here was a topic change. I don't mind, but it gets confusing when you don't signal that you're going to change the topic.
    You don't have to pass this monstrosity to get the things you think are important. Healthcare costs are going up all over the country because of this POS and it is a POS that has no hope of improving quality, quantity, and lowering costs. You live in a dream world. What happens when you are proven wrong?

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As many people actually like what is Obama care, they may be less happy than you knw when it is gone. That's the trouble with misleading like so many did. Let people know that we'll go back to not having pre-existing conditions covered, or having children not covered, for example, and see how that flies. It's easy to get suport through misleading, but harder to hide the results of your actions later on.

    BTW, you move here was a topic change. I don't mind, but it gets confusing when you don't signal that you're going to change the topic.
    I stayed on the topic we had been discussing that the GOP has a mandate to do what they said they would

  7. #317
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I stayed on the topic we had been discussing that the GOP has a mandate to do what they said they would
    Seems we were talking about the poor tried old tactic of fearmiongering folks as socialist. You started calling him a socialist, which is false.

    But, as people are divided concerning what needs to be done with healthcare, as I showed you states on, those new leaders may not knwo exactly what their mandate is. If 1/3 want it repealed, and 1/3 want more added, and 1/3 want it as it is, exactly what is their mandate?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Seems we were talking about the poor tried old tactic of fearmiongering folks as socialist. You started calling him a socialist, which is false.

    But, as people are divided concerning what needs to be done with healthcare, as I showed you states on, those new leaders may not knwo exactly what their mandate is. If 1/3 want it repealed, and 1/3 want more added, and 1/3 want it as it is, exactly what is their mandate?
    Boo, from watching your posts over the last few months I don't think you have a clue how to run a business nor any idea as to the costs of running a business. Businesses are there to make a profit. You are employed by someone who has to make a profit to pay you. When costs go up either the consumer has to pay for it or the company does with fewer employees. The Obama healthcare bill is a job killer and businesses aren't going to take the costs increases without affecting employment. You call that a scare tactic? I call it reality and coming from someone who actually ran a business.

  9. #319
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Obama healthcare bill is a job killer and businesses aren't going to take the costs increases without affecting employment. You call that a scare tactic? I call it reality and coming from someone who actually ran a business.
    Nonsense... The only things that affect a going business are people not buying, reliability, SS, overhead, expansion, overstocking, R and D, competitive prices, and since all companies with 20 or more employees will be forced to add medical coverage at the same rate, all will be equally affected, and all will raise prices to make up the difference.

    Whether it means lay offs or not, is up to the employer who has many more cost effected things to consider than just higher health costs.

    As a former business owner yourself, you must know that all phases of the operation are subject to costly changes anytime, anywhere, so why don't you be honest about it?

    ricksfolly

  10. #320
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Nonsense... The only things that affect a going business are people not buying, reliability, SS, overhead, expansion, overstocking, R and D, competitive prices, and since all companies with 20 or more employees will be forced to add medical coverage at the same rate, all will be equally affected, and all will raise prices to make up the difference.

    Whether it means lay offs or not, is up to the employer who has many more cost effected things to consider than just higher health costs.

    As a former business owner yourself, you must know that all phases of the operation are subject to costly changes anytime, anywhere, so why don't you be honest about it?

    ricksfolly
    You really are naive when it comes to running a business, the highest cost of running a business is payroll and anything that drives up payroll affects jobs. Someone has to pay those costs either the employer absorbs them if competition won't allow the pass through or the business will cut employees. That is a fact. Businesses are looking at any way they can to lower costs and what Obama healthcare is going to do is cause them to drop coverage or drop employees. Businesses all over the country are now seeing rate increases for their health coverage and that seems to be the Obama plan, drive these businesses to drop insurance and then have the public demand the public option, another step towards greater dependence and socialism.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •