Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #201
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right govt. economic policy has no affect on the economy? Got it! Tax policy doesn't affect human behavior? Got it!
    No, it doesn't. Not enough anyway to overide other factors. You got it now! Good!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it doesn't. Not enough anyway to overide other factors. You got it now! Good!
    You are absolutely amazing, what a partisan! Bush drove the car into the ditch and Obama has never gotten behind the wheel. Thanks

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    bailing out gm saved many, many jobs. it was the right thing to do.

    i think we need to raise taxes, myself.
    It bailed out the unions and gave the unions ownership in the company

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    and neither were bush's. and he had 8 years. so obama underestimated the severity of our economic situation? so what? how many americans died because of that? he's not perfect, and he's been in office not yet 2 years.
    Gitmo is still open and we are still fighting in Iraq. Obama has lied and failed to do what he said he would do.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are absolutely amazing, what a partisan! Bush drove the car into the ditch and Obama has never gotten behind the wheel. Thanks
    Read slower. It might help you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Gitmo is still open and we are still fighting in Iraq. Obama has lied and failed to do what he said he would do.
    Combat opperations have ceased in Iraq, and it is following the Iraqi timetable, which he siad he would do. As for Gitmo, are you removing the republican fear mongering from the equation? Do republicans shoulder no resonsibility for their efforts to prevent him from closing Gitmo?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Combat opperations have ceased in Iraq, and it is following the Iraqi timetable, which he siad he would do. As for Gitmo, are you removing the republican fear mongering from the equation? Do republicans shoulder no resonsibility for their efforts to prevent him from closing Gitmo?
    Obama couldn't sell his own party, it has nothing to do with the Republicans. Republicans couldn't stop anything but they sure can now and will. As for Iraq, Obama kept Gates as Secretary of Defense and Petraeus thus is implementing the Bush Iraq policy. Interesting how you spin that one?

  8. #208
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama couldn't sell his own party, it has nothing to do with the Republicans. Republicans couldn't stop anything but they sure can now and will. As for Iraq, Obama kept Gates as Secretary of Defense and Petraeus thus is implementing the Bush Iraq policy. Interesting how you spin that one?
    But it does. They were behind the majority of the fear mongering. But even if you were right, would that be Obama's false or congress? Our chicken **** idiots who refuse to think something through?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #209
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But it does. They were behind the majority of the fear mongering. But even if you were right, would that be Obama's false or congress? Our chicken **** idiots who refuse to think something through?
    Whether or not they were behind it or not is irrelevant as they didn't have the power to stop it. Democrats stopped it, not Republicans.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Whether or not they were behind it or not is irrelevant as they didn't have the power to stop it. Democrats stopped it, not Republicans.
    You are right if truth doesn't matter, and people are not responsible for their actions, at least not repuiblican people. I don't excuse democrats for being whimps either. But let's not forget who was spreading the lies.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •