Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #181
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, I supported a stimulus plan that added 4 million to the unemployment roles and 3 trillion to the debt. You have really lost it.
    How did the stiulus add to unemployment? Obama lay people off or what?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, I supported a stimulus plan that added 4 million to the unemployment roles and 3 trillion to the debt. You have really lost it.

    So what would you have supported?

  3. #183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How did the stiulus add to unemployment? Obama lay people off or what?
    Guess the numbers lie but only when a Democrat is in the WH.

  4. #184
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess the numbers lie but only when a Democrat is in the WH.

    With out the stimulus do you think we would not have lost jobs?

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    What a silly question, the stimulus was designed to undermine the economy for a future socialist takeover.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So what would you have supported?
    A pro growth economic policy that promoted the private sector not the public sector. I wouldn't have taken over GM, implemented Obamacare, and created a stimulus plan to bailout Democrat contituent groups. I would have made the Bush tax cuts permanent, eliminated completely the tax on dividends and investments, and froze govt. spending at 2006 levels. That would have been a good start.

  7. #187
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A pro growth economic policy that promoted the private sector not the public sector. I wouldn't have taken over GM, implemented Obamacare, and created a stimulus plan to bailout Democrat contituent groups. I would have made the Bush tax cuts permanent, eliminated completely the tax on dividends and investments, and froze govt. spending at 2006 levels. That would have been a good start.
    bailing out gm saved many, many jobs. it was the right thing to do.

    i think we need to raise taxes, myself.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #188
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    bailing out gm saved many, many jobs. it was the right thing to do.

    i think we need to raise taxes, myself.
    Thus the liberal line, you think those jobs wouldn't have been saved by someone else taking over GM? You really think that GM would have closed it doors? You continue to buy the rhetoric of someone who has yet to tell the truth on any issue. Not one of Obama's economic predictions has been accurate.

  9. #189
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thus the liberal line, you think those jobs wouldn't have been saved by someone else taking over GM? You really think that GM would have closed it doors? You continue to buy the rhetoric of someone who has yet to tell the truth on any issue. Not one of Obama's economic predictions has been accurate.
    and neither were bush's. and he had 8 years. so obama underestimated the severity of our economic situation? so what? how many americans died because of that? he's not perfect, and he's been in office not yet 2 years.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #190
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess the numbers lie but only when a Democrat is in the WH.
    Not the numbers, those reading the numbers. You have to show how. Did Obama lay people off? What exactly?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •