Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #171
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What has happened is that states under liberal control have never had to make the tough choices thanks to Obama. That seems to be what liberals do, bailout failures. Obama claims that things could have been worse and you buy it. I claim that those jobs could have been saved without spending "shovel ready" stimulus money on those state issues. The American people were sold a bill of goods and only those like you continue to buy the rhetoric.
    Poor, poor states. And it was so different under republican spending.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Poor, poor states. And it was so different under republican spending.
    Poor, poor states? Again keep diverting from the claims Obama made to sell the stimulus plan. This money was for shovel ready jobs not state bailouts.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Poor, poor states? Again keep diverting from the claims Obama made to sell the stimulus plan. This money was for shovel ready jobs not state bailouts.
    Because that isn't the question we were debating. You diverted to it when you realized you were wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because that isn't the question we were debating. You diverted to it when you realized you were wrong.
    Private sector shedding 39,000 jobs is the topic of this thread. Teachers are public sector jobs and had nothing to do with the Stimulus sales pitch by Obama.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Private sector shedding 39,000 jobs is the topic of this thread. Teachers are public sector jobs and had nothing to do with the Stimulus sales pitch by Obama.
    we're 175 post in, and we were talking about jobs saved.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    we're 175 post in, and we were talking about jobs saved.
    What you want to do is ignore the purpose of the stimulus and how it was sold. In spite of over 800 billion authorized the unemployment rate is higher each month this year on a month to month basis than last year and we have 3 trillion added to the debt in the last two years. That is hardly and degree of success.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you want to do is ignore the purpose of the stimulus and how it was sold. In spite of over 800 billion authorized the unemployment rate is higher each month this year on a month to month basis than last year and we have 3 trillion added to the debt in the last two years. That is hardly and degree of success.
    Not concern with how it was sold. Concerned with what it did. And only spoke to you on your claim that no jobs were saved. you were wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not concern with how it was sold. Concerned with what it did. And only spoke to you on your claim that no jobs were saved. you were wrong.
    What it di? Higher unemployment today than when it was signed, 4 million more unemployed, 3 trillion added to the debt? What it did was prove that liberal predictions are wrong and to deny how the stimulus program was sold is just another liberal diversion.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What it di? Higher unemployment today than when it was signed, 4 million more unemployed, 3 trillion added to the debt? What it did was prove that liberal predictions are wrong and to deny how the stimulus program was sold is just another liberal diversion.
    So, you would like more unemployment? Is that right?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, you would like more unemployment? Is that right?
    Right, I supported a stimulus plan that added 4 million to the unemployment roles and 3 trillion to the debt. You have really lost it.

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •