Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 488

Thread: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

  1. #131
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You deny facts. I guess in your eyes Obama will never be wrong
    Again you're incorrect. I have criticized him for Afghanistan for example. But your partisan misrepresntation simply carries no weight.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #132
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then explain why the stimulus. Obama can do things to encourage expanding business like tax breaks
    98 percent earning under $250,000, are already set to get tax breaks, and the remaining 2 percent with businesses can't be forced to to hire anyone. As for business expansion, first you need more buyers...

    In other words, more money for the 98 percent means more spending. More spending means more products, more products means more hiring.

    So simple even a caveman can do it.

    Ricksfolly

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again you're incorrect. I have criticized him for Afghanistan for example. But your partisan misrepresntation simply carries no weight.
    Yet you support all his failed domestic policies. You deny Stein's facts and support Obama's lies

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    98 percent earning under $250,000, are already set to get tax breaks, and the remaining 2 percent with businesses can't be forced to to hire anyone. As for business expansion, first you need more buyers...

    In other words, more money for the 98 percent means more spending. More spending means more products, more products means more hiring.

    So simple even a caveman can do it.

    Ricksfolly
    None of which will come close to the increase cost to business by Obamacare

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet you support all his failed domestic policies. You deny Stein's facts and support Obama's lies
    Have they failed? In 18 months? I personally know teachers who kept jobs because of his efforts. I also know no president controls the economy. He has rightly tried to tackle healthcare reform, and for the first time, something got passed. While far from perfect it beats the hell out of the weak and meangingless republican efforts. So, I don't see it as you do, and I'm not as easliy manipulated as the tea party.

    And if Stien had facts, and not conclusions absent enough evidence, you might have a point. And it would be found in multiple sources and not just among those wanting to spin it this way. Your lack of critical thinking and willing suspension of disbelief is your problem and not mind.
    Last edited by Boo Radley; 10-29-10 at 12:28 PM.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Have they failed? In 18 months? I personally know teachers who kept jobs because of his efforts. I also know no president controls the economy. He has rightly tried to tackle healthcare reform, and for the first time, something got passed. While far from perfect it beats the hell out of the weak and meangingless republican efforts. So, I don't see it as you do, and I'm not as easliy manipulated as the tea party.

    And if Stien had facts, and not conclusions absent enough evidence, you might have a point. And it would be found in multiple sources and not just among those wanting to spin it this way. Your lack of critical thinking and willing suspension of disbelief is your problem and not mind.
    Teachers? How much of that money was meant for unions? Nice spin but Obama did not bail out auto companies he bailed out the unions and gave them control of the companies. Name another industry where the union is a share holder

  7. #137
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Teachers? How much of that money was meant for unions? Nice spin but Obama did not bail out auto companies he bailed out the unions and gave them control of the companies. Name another industry where the union is a share holder
    Ther is plenty of Teamster Conferences that have shares in Fright Lines,the Central States Pension fund has lots of Railroad stock,UPS stock and a few loosing quid in the airlines.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Ther is plenty of Teamster Conferences that have shares in Fright Lines,the Central States Pension fund has lots of Railroad stock,UPS stock and a few loosing quid in the airlines.
    That is different then the stock in GM Obama gave them. This is a major stock holding not buying of shares

  9. #139
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Teachers? How much of that money was meant for unions? Nice spin but Obama did not bail out auto companies he bailed out the unions and gave them control of the companies. Name another industry where the union is a share holder
    You worry too much about unions, especially teacher unions. But the fact is teachers here kept jobs, and I don't any who belong to any union.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Private sector sheds 39,000 jobs in September

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You worry too much about unions, especially teacher unions. But the fact is teachers here kept jobs, and I don't any who belong to any union.
    Nice spin but much of what Obama does has to do with unions. The teachers union is a arm of the democrats

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •