Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 389

Thread: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

  1. #51
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only if you make the assumption that the kids came back to do harm to her, and this article gives no evidence of that.
    They came and threw bricks in her window. When she confronted them with a gun, she demanded they leave her property and drop the bricks. They refused. They were shot. Someone with a brick in their hand who just threw one in my direction is a ****ing danger to me. Period.

  2. #52
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    The problem with that line of thinking is that one cannot punish a person for what might have happened. Any number of things might have happened.
    You can most certainly punish someone for irresponsible behavior which could easily have gotten someone killed. That's why we nail people for DWI.

    She fired a lethal weapon that she couldn't control in a highly populated area.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #53
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    true, the kid "might" have hit her in the head with the brick and killed her...let's put him in prison for the rest of his life because he obviously is a danger to society.
    I suspect the odds of the kid growing up to be a frequent guest of the state are far greater than the odds of this old gal killing an innocent bystander.

  4. #54
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only if you make the assumption that the kids came back to do harm to her, and this article gives no evidence of that.
    pattern of behavior? this was not the first time these kids had abused this woman or her property. more reason to assume they came back to do harm than to assume they came back to thank her for calling the cops on them.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #55
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I suspect the odds of the kid growing up to be a frequent guest of the state are far greater than the odds of this old gal killing an innocent bystander.
    bingo. I just wish she'd had better aim, at least took out the little thugs testicles to keep him from polluting the genepool
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #56
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You can most certainly punish someone for irresponsible behavior which could easily have gotten someone killed. That's why we nail people for DWI.

    She fired a lethal weapon that she couldn't control in a highly populated area.
    That would only be a valid analogy if the state charged an impaired driver with some sort of manslaughter. It's not quite the same.

  7. #57
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    By the way, this is why you don't **** with old people. They'll blow your whipper-snapper ass away.

  8. #58
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    That would only be a valid analogy if the state charged an impaired driver with some sort of manslaughter. It's not quite the same.
    No, we bust people for driving drunk even though they didn't hurt anybody.

    Same thing here -- luck was the only thing that prevented a tragedy, like the death of a neighbor.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #59
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    By the way, this is why you don't **** with old people. They'll blow your whipper-snapper ass away.
    The sad part is that the little worthless children's parents will probably sue the old woman for shooting their waste of life brat.

  10. #60
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    No, we bust people for driving drunk even though they didn't hurt anybody.

    Same thing here -- luck was the only thing that prevented a tragedy, like the death of a neighbor.
    I guess my analogy isn't that great.

    So where do we draw the line? She was obviously in a great deal of fear and the cops were not able to do anything to help her.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •