Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 389

Thread: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

  1. #11
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Off the streets is different then killing them
    Well apparently calling the cops and having them picked up repeatedly wasn't working. And if someone tries to harm/kill me by throwing a ****ing brick through my window, you can goddamn bet I'm going to confront them with even more lethal force. According to neighbors, she came out of the house and demanded they drop the bricks and leave. They refused to drop the bricks OR to leave, so she shot. This is after the ****ing cops had just left. Good for her for doing what the cops apparently were unable to do. (and shouldn't have to do anyway)

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    01-10-12 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    906

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Too bad she didn't kill him. It's about time people sent a message that you can't terrorize people just because the police can't follow you around with a camera.

  3. #13
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Listen, I'm all for an old lady who stands up and kicks someone's ass in self-defense, and I'm all about gun ownership, but come on.

    Let's put aside the fact that she used lethal force against a kid for throwing a brick. I won't even address that.

    How about the fact that she's living in a heavily populated area with neighbors in all directions and she used a weapon just about guaranteed to drill a hole in someone or something not involved in the brick-throwing?

    Unless you're talking about a shotgun loaded with rock salt, firing off a few rounds is an unreasonable risk to those around you unless you're defending yourself from an imminent threat to your life.

    A brick through a window does not qualify. It's dangerous, and it could kill you, but I don't think it's enough to send lethal projectiles of your own rocketing around the neighborhood.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #14
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    One final note: She claims she wasn't aiming for him, and yet she hit him.

    Seeing as how I for one believe she wasn't actually trying to shoot the kid, I rest my case.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #15
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post

    A brick through a window does not qualify. It's dangerous, and it could kill you, but I don't think it's enough to send lethal projectiles of your own rocketing around the neighborhood.

    a bullet from a gun is dangerous and it could kill you. just because she didn't get hit by the brick doesn't make it any less of a lethal projectile.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #16
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    I like the way you phrased that. Nothing changes how lethal anything is except a change to the properties of the thing itself.

    That said, if you are trying to convince me that a brick is as lethal as a bullet, good luck. Bricks aren't capable of the kind of penetration most bullets are, and bullets typically have a much longer range.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #17
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I like the way you phrased that. Nothing changes how lethal anything is except a change to the properties of the thing itself.

    That said, if you are trying to convince me that a brick is as lethal as a bullet, good luck. Bricks aren't capable of the kind of penetration most bullets are, and bullets typically have a much longer range.
    apparently that brick had enough penetration power and range to smash through the lady's window.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #18
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Hell's bells, dude, a LOT of things less lethal than a bullet can break a window.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #19
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Hell's bells, dude, a LOT of things less lethal than a bullet can break a window.
    "less lethal" kind of an oxymoron isn't it? either something is lethal or it isn't. but if we want to go down that road, not all "bullets" have the same lethality. I didn't see any mention in the article of the calibur bullet she used.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #20
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Listen, I'm all for an old lady who stands up and kicks someone's ass in self-defense, and I'm all about gun ownership, but come on.

    Let's put aside the fact that she used lethal force against a kid for throwing a brick. I won't even address that.

    How about the fact that she's living in a heavily populated area with neighbors in all directions and she used a weapon just about guaranteed to drill a hole in someone or something not involved in the brick-throwing?

    Unless you're talking about a shotgun loaded with rock salt, firing off a few rounds is an unreasonable risk to those around you unless you're defending yourself from an imminent threat to your life.

    A brick through a window does not qualify. It's dangerous, and it could kill you, but I don't think it's enough to send lethal projectiles of your own rocketing around the neighborhood.
    Yes, I agree with 100%. She was lucky, she could have killed someone. A window can be replaced, but a life can't.


Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •