Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 389

Thread: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Do the police usually give the media everything a person is charged with? Even if they had, the media may not have chosen to print it.

  2. #142
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    If he hit her in the chest with a brick even after cops had been there, I'd say that she was justified to use the force she did.

    If that didn't happen, and it as just a matter of coming home to find your window broken, I'd say she wasn't justified. I don't know all of the facts here (stopped watching the local news a long time ago).

    I think one of my cop friends works in that area. I'll see if I can dig up something directly on it.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #143
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Even then, you have to show intent to attack the woman with the brick. A brick in the hand, by itself, is not sufficient evidence of assault or menace.

    As for the felony arson claim, show me a charge of felony arson and we have a discussion. Until then, this woman shot a kid with a brick over a broken window. That is the crime here.
    According to one statement she made, they did hit her in the chest with one of those bricks, after they came back when the cops left from the first time she called them. After she was hit, she says she went into the house, called the police, got her gun, and took it outside to scare them away.

    Woman who shot 12-year-old won't face charges, but boy will - Chicago Breaking News
    Woman who shot boy hailed as hero by neighbors Homeowner has no regrets, said child hit her with brick - Chicago Tribune

    And the boy who was shot admitted that he was throwing "rocks" at her to the retired cop neighbor who helped him after he was shot.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's irrellevant whether or not they were charged, the kid clearly committed these to crimes. The police chose to charge him with assault of a person over 60.
    Yes it is relevant if you are going to try to add that to her defense. If they didn't charge them with felony arson, menacing, or any aggravation to the assault, then your mention of them is simply a red herring.

    That alone justifies the self defense position the chicago police have of the elderly woman's actions.
    It justifies self defense. It may or may not justify defending oneself with a bullet.

    If I beat the crap out of a Ranger fan in a drunken stupor unprovoked (though arguably, being a ranger fan is provokation enough.) and the cops break it up, but choose not to charge me, I still committed said crime.


    Just as if one buys heroin, or tears a tag of a mattress they are not the "consumer" of. They committed said crimes.
    The difference is whether or not they are admissible as part of your defense. You cannot say they committed these crimes when they haven't even been charged with them to mitigate the actions of another defendant.

    So now, I concede that the assault charge is a defense for her taking action to defend herself. I don't concede that a bullet was the answer.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    According to one statement she made, they did hit her in the chest with one of those bricks, after they came back when the cops left from the first time she called them. After she was hit, she says she went into the house, called the police, got her gun, and took it outside to scare them away.

    Woman who shot 12-year-old won't face charges, but boy will - Chicago Breaking News
    Woman who shot boy hailed as hero by neighbors Homeowner has no regrets, said child hit her with brick - Chicago Tribune

    And the boy who was shot admitted that he was throwing "rocks" at her to the retired cop neighbor who helped him after he was shot.
    My question then becomes...if you are inside and people outside are throwing rocks, you've already made the call to the police...why go back outside where there are rocks being thrown. The answer is to lock the door and wait for the cops.

    Now if they come in after you, open fire.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    My question then becomes...if you are inside and people outside are throwing rocks, you've already made the call to the police...why go back outside where there are rocks being thrown. The answer is to lock the door and wait for the cops.

    Now if they come in after you, open fire.
    She's protecting her property. She is in the right.

  7. #147
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,751

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    She's protecting her property. She is in the right.
    Some of us don't think lethal force is an acceptable response to property damage.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #148
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Do the police usually give the media everything a person is charged with? Even if they had, the media may not have chosen to print it.
    If they're being charged as juveniles they may not release what the charges are.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Some of us don't think lethal force is an acceptable response to property damage.
    Some of us do.

  10. #150
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,751

    Re: good for her. old lady shoots punk kid

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Some of us do.
    Antisocial personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •