Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 123

Thread: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

  1. #101
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If you had bothered to read the entire thread and my posts and if you had a clue how corporations work (besides what you and O.C. have read in books), you would know that I was referring to the fact that both forms of corporations pay taxes, just in different ways.

    Go back and read Wiki or wherever you're getting your information before trying to insult people that actually do it.
    No, you said the only difference between a C and an S corporations was semantics. You were wrong, since a C corporation pays corporate taxes to the federal government and an S corporation does not.

    Ooo so sorry you no likey wiki, but wiki is much more credible than you could ever hope to be. And since insulting people isn't helping your arguements one tiny bit, you would do well to take your own advice.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Amusing coming from you.



    Said the guy who said that corporate tax rates are dependent upon positions in consolidate parent corps "A lie." Notice we demonstrate knowledge. You just insult people and hope that personal attacks somehow compensate for a sheer lack of any demonstrated knowledge on the subject. How about you actually show you understand the subject before throwing around accusations people don't know what they are talking about?



    Wanna prove what I said is wrong? Btw, is infinite = 1? lol. I'm going to mock you until you admit you are wrong.



    And the types of taxes, the amounts, rates and on what income are different. You in your crackpot argument argued that S-corp taxes and C-corp taxes are the same.



    Try prove someone wrong with something other then insults. Note how we quote you proving you wrong. Where have you provided anything resembling evidence at all much less any knowledge?

    If S-corp and C-corp tax differences didn't matter, then people wouldn't organize as an S. See how 100% wrong you are?
    You definitely have a reading comprehension issue since little of what you claim is what I actually wrote.

    You continue to claim that a S-Corp's filing status is public knowledge. Prove it. Show me a link to a state's public record indicating Koch Industries is an S-Corp. I'll be waiting, then I'll be laughing.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #103
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You definitely have a reading comprehension issue since little of what you claim is what I actually wrote.
    Really? Do you reject that you contested my argument that S-Corp and C-corp taxes were different when you said "Do you REALLY think there is a difference in the taxes paid by an S-Corp and a C-Corp ???" Or this
    "The only difference in the corporate taxes paid is in semantics."

    There is a real big difference. Potentially infinite layers of taxation is a hell of a lot different then one. Maybe you want to pay 500 layers of taxation opposed to one. Maybe you like paying 35% on passive income vs a lower PHC rate. Maybe you like paying double taxation on dividends. See how I can actually bring up specifics where you can never actually put your money where your mouth is.

    You continue to claim that a S-Corp's filing status is public knowledge. Prove it. Show me a link to a state's public record indicating Koch Industries is an S-Corp. I'll be waiting, then I'll be laughing.
    I already provided the link to Texas's Registration office complete with phone number and email. You really should have the read the thread you hypocrite.

    Oh look. Gill once again completely and utterly failing to prove any accusation he's made. News? No.

    I don't know about you, but I don't like seeing dividends get taxed potentially infinite numbers of times and then taxed again on my income verse paying taxes once on pass-through income. But you think infinite layers of taxes = 1. After all it's just "semantics."

    I'm giving no quarter to you anymore. Every dumb *** statement you say will be used in a mockery campaign until you admit you are wrong. Which we all know, is never. If you just admitted that S and C are different and admitted my examples are correct I wouldn't be so mean to you. But you refuse. It's kind of sad how some people reject what is easily known to be truth purely because they don't like the person saying it.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 10-13-10 at 02:00 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #104
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Really? Do you reject that you contested my argument that S-Corp and C-corp taxes were different when you said "Do you REALLY think there is a difference in the taxes paid by an S-Corp and a C-Corp ???" Or this
    "The only difference in the corporate taxes paid is in semantics."

    There is a real big difference. Potentially infinite layers of taxation is a hell of a lot different then one. Maybe you want to pay 500 layers of taxation opposed to one. Maybe you like paying 35% on passive income vs a lower PHC rate. Maybe you like paying double taxation on dividends. See how I can actually bring up specifics where you can never actually put your money where your mouth is.



    I already provided the link to Texas's Registration office complete with phone number and email. You really should have the read the thread you hypocrite.

    Oh look. Gill once again completely and utterly failing to prove any accusation he's made. News? No.

    I don't know about you, but I don't like seeing dividends get taxed potentially infinite numbers of times and then taxed again on my income verse paying taxes once on pass-through income. But you think infinite layers of taxes = 1. After all it's just "semantics."

    I'm giving no quarter to you anymore. Every dumb *** statement you say will be used in a mockery campaign until you admit you are wrong. Which we all know, is never. If you just admitted that S and C are different and admitted my examples are correct I wouldn't be so mean to you. But you refuse. It's kind of sad how some people reject what is easily known to be truth purely because they don't like the person saying it.
    Really?? Designation as an S-Corps is not a state matter, it is strictly done through the IRS and state's have nothing to do with it with the exception of a couple that require state S-Corp filing and Texas is not one of them.

    The Texas web site has no public information on it regarding filing status. They charge money to get information on a corporation's information, Kentucky does not. On their publicly available web site, there is NO information on Koch's filing status because it is NOT a state matter. It is strictly a filing status between the corporation and the IRS and thus is private information not available to the public.


    What were you saying about dumb*** statements???

    I'll be waiting for your apology.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #105
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Are taxes paid to the federal government on a S corps income ?? Of course it is, and you've proved my point once again.

    Go back to Wiki and research some more.
    So all taxes are the same? Tell me, if all taxes are the same, why did Congress specifically enact a built in gains tax on S-Corps? I have demonstrated technical knowledge. You have not.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #106
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Really?? Designation as an S-Corps is not a state matter, it is strictly done through the IRS and state's have nothing to do with it with the exception of a couple that require state S-Corp filing and Texas is not one of them.
    Apparently you still don't know what a registration office is. Elections to change registration type is a state matter. It may not affect your state tax, but it still something that goes into the state registration office along with your original status.

    The Texas web site has no public information on it regarding filing status.
    Apparently calling them for free to request free information about filing status as a private citizen is "not public." I guess every time I call someone at the state for information, that's not public too.

    They charge money to get information on a corporation's information
    If you choose fax or mail. Read more carefully next time. You can get it free via phone. And that still doesn't support your argument. A fee based service does not mean it is not public. It just means it's not free.

    On their publicly available web site, there is NO information on Koch's filing status because it is NOT a state matter. It is strictly a filing status between the corporation and the IRS and thus is private information not available to the public.
    Seriously, did you even bother to read my link? There's a telephone number to call to request filing status.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059009271

    Public Information

    512-463-5555. Go call them. And it costs a grand total of $0.

    What were you saying about dumb*** statements???

    I'll be waiting for your apology.
    I'm laughing. Louder. At you. You do realize you are arguing that office of registrations which have publicly available registration info don't exist no? That I can't go down to my local office and look up a business despite the fact that I have?

    At least you shutup about S and C corp tax being the same. Really. You are wrong. Good luck proving otherwise. I got a several thousand page document called the IRC that says you are wrong. I bring up numerous specific examples of how you are wrong....and you can't even provide a decent argument as to why any of them are wrong.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 10-13-10 at 02:28 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #107
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    OK, you've proven that you don't have a clue, which I already knew. You obviously don't even know how a corporation files for S status. hint: states have nothing to do with it.

    Go ahead, prove me wrong smart guy. Show me one single state that lists Koch's filing status as a s corp. Texas charges for corporate information, but most don't. Here's Koch's home state of Kansas's Secretary of State information page on Koch. Show me where they are designated as S-Corp.

    https://www.accesskansas.org/bess/fl...execution=e1s7

    You are just another person that tries to pretend you know something, when your only knowledge comes from a hasty review of Wiki.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #108
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    OK, you've proven that you don't have a clue, which I already knew. You obviously don't even know how a corporation files for S status. hint: states have nothing to do with it.
    You should tell New Jersey that.

    S Corporation Status

    I guess New Jersey isn't a state to you. Or Pennsylvania. Or New York. Or Minnesota. Or Washington. You fail to understand the concept of required filings even if they do not affect taxes. Furthermore, no state bars you from filing additional optional information on formation.

    Constantly claiming I don't have a clue and then running away from the majority of my posts is hardly a good tactic. You've fled from the entire argument about how S corp tax is not the same as C corp. Maybe you didn't like me pointing out how you think 500 = 1.

    Go ahead, prove me wrong smart guy. Show me one single state that lists Koch's filing status as a s corp.
    How about you use the link I gave you? Or are you going to run away from that as well like you did your crackpot 500 layers of tax = 1 argument?

    Texas charges for corporate information, but most don't.
    If you use snail mail or fax. Kansas charges for certain filings. Thanks for proving you didn't bother reading my link. Btw, you do realize Kansas requires S-corps to file as S-corps no?

    Here's Koch's home state of Kansas's Secretary of State information page on Koch. Show me where they are designated as S-Corp.

    https://www.accesskansas.org/bess/fl...execution=e1s7

    You are just another person that tries to pretend you know something, when your only knowledge comes from a hasty review of Wiki.
    Holy crap. I can't believe I missed that. And I don't need to prove they are an S-corp.

    Scroll down that list. https://www.accesskansas.org/bess/fl...execution=e1s4

    How many pass through entities do you see?

    I got caught up in the S-corp problem without seeing Obama was also talking about LLCs, LPs and other passthroughs plenty of which are listed right smack on the Kansas search. Thanks Gill. You just proved Obama right. Koch is organized as partially a series of pass throughs. And don't even start talking about how LLC tax is the same as C-corp. Because that's even more different then S to C.

    Tell me does does Wikipedia tell you about bracket picking for consolidated returns? (hint: No). Seriously, you keep pretending I only get my info from Wikipedia. Too bad the stuff I'm saying isn't on wikipedia Tell me Gill, how did I get info from a place that doesn't have the info?

    lol. Some staffer just looked up the database, noticed the abundance of pass throughs and noted it down. How illegal was that? I've never had an opponent so thoroughly destroy their own argument like you just did.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 10-13-10 at 03:25 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #109
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    By jove, I think you've finally nailed him. Bravo, well done, Obvious Child

    Last edited by Moot; 10-13-10 at 05:11 AM.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Those who follow politics know that reports of Obama having an enemies list have come up more than once and he has ask to have the equivalent of what were called Block wardens in Germany during the war who would report on Neighbors.
    Don't forget death panels, FEMA camps, UN black helicopters, and the monstrous Communist plot to fluoridate drinking water. Oh, and he's really a Kenyan. From Belgium. Working for the Canadian secret police.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •