Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 123

Thread: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

  1. #91
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    We're not going to see them prove their claim that Obama said something private. Because he didn't. And they know it. The problem is that Zimmer, Adpst and Gill are too entrenched in their positions to actually admit they are wrong. See how they keep arguing that S and C corp taxes are the same? Crazy. Utterly crazy. If that was the case, no one would elect to be an S-corp if the taxes were the same. And there would not be lawsuits over termination of S status. But there are. I get notices daily about S-corp shareholders winning cases about wrongful termination. This behavior is what we see when people care more about their "face" then the truth.
    The Republican's filed for an investigation. We will see what results.

    The White House fell under suspicion in August when Goolsbee -- whose identity was concealed until a Koch lawyer revealed it to The Weekly Standard last month -- was quoted in a background call, saying Koch was structured to escape corporate taxes by allowing income to flow directly through it.

    The White House has not confirmed or denied that it was Goolsbee.

    A White House official told Fox News that "a senior administration official used Koch Industries as an example" when he discussed an issue in a presidential report noting that "half of business income goes to companies that do not pay corporate income tax because they are pass-through entities and that many of them are quite large."

    "The official's statement was not based on any review of tax filings and we will not use this example in the future," the White House official told Fox News.

    White House Denies Spying on Conservative Billionaires' Taxes - FoxNews.com
    So, they will not use it in the future. Why would that be if it's merely public information?
    The most likely answer still appears to be no, and the White House simply made a slip when a senior official suggested that Koch doesn’t pay corporate-level taxes. The company has issued a statement since then saying it does indeed pay corporate taxes.

    But at a minimum, the new investigation will keep alive the broader question of how – and why – the administration made the apparent mistake. Koch Industries has said it believes the White House official’s statement “was politically motivated.” It notes that President Obama himself also made disparaging remarks recently about a prominent conservative political organization, Americans for Prosperity, that has ties to company owner David Koch.

    In response to a recent request by several Republican senators, Treasury’s tax inspector general, Russell George, said in a letter that he has “ordered the commencement of a review” into the senior official’s comments. In their request, the senators said that administration employees “may have improperly accessed and disclosed confidential taxpayer information.”

    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/1...-koch-comment/
    Made a slip? What slip would that be? Apparent mistake? Hmmmm?

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 10-12-10 at 05:30 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #92
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    We're not going to see them prove their claim that Obama said something private. Because he didn't. And they know it. The problem is that Zimmer, Adpst and Gill are too entrenched in their positions to actually admit they are wrong. See how they keep arguing that S and C corp taxes are the same? Crazy. Utterly crazy. If that was the case, no one would elect to be an S-corp if the taxes were the same. And there would not be lawsuits over termination of S status. But there are. I get notices daily about S-corp shareholders winning cases about wrongful termination. This behavior is what we see when people care more about their "face" then the truth.
    Who has argued that C-Corp and S-Corp taxes are the same ??? I've been president of both types of corps, so your lies and cut and paste replies from Wiki don't impress me.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #93
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Who has argued that C-Corp and S-Corp taxes are the same ??? I've been president of both types of corps, so your lies and cut and paste replies from Wiki don't impress me.
    You did......

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Do you REALLY think there is a difference in the taxes paid by an S-Corp and a C-Corp ??? The only difference in the corporate taxes paid is in semantics.

    You've made yourself look really silly and your lack of knowledge is appalling.
    Well, you just made yourself look extremely silly and it's very hard to believe that you were president of anything let alone both a C and/or an S corporation. Very hard indeed and needless to say not very impressive.
    Last edited by Moot; 10-12-10 at 10:59 PM.

  4. #94
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You did......

    Well, you just made yourself look extremely silly and it's very hard to believe that you were president of anything let alone both a C and/or an S corporation. Very hard indeed and needless to say not very impressive.
    Are you the poster that claimed that s-corps don't pay Federal taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You did......

    Well, you just made yourself look extremely silly and it's very hard to believe that you were president of anything let alone both a C and/or an S corporation. Very hard indeed and needless to say not very impressive.
    If you had bothered to read the entire thread and my posts and if you had a clue how corporations work (besides what you and O.C. have read in books), you would know that I was referring to the fact that both forms of corporations pay taxes, just in different ways.

    Go back and read Wiki or wherever you're getting your information before trying to insult people that actually do it.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #96
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you the poster that claimed that s-corps don't pay Federal taxes?
    Since a corporate tax is a federal income tax, yes I did say that. Are you the poster that refuses to accept the fact that S-corporations don't pay a corporate tax to the federal government?

    "The income of a C corporation is taxed, whereas the income of an S corporation (with a few exceptions) is not taxed under the Federal income tax laws. The income, or loss, is applied, Pro Rata, to each Shareholder and appears on their tax return as Schedule E income/(loss)...."
    C corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  7. #97
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The Republican's filed for an investigation. We will see what results.
    And most likely we'll get nothing.

    So, they will not use it in the future. Why would that be if it's merely public information?
    Still waiting for what piece of non-public information was released.

    Chirp. Chirp. That's the sound of the utter lack of argument you're presenting.

    Made a slip? What slip would that be? Apparent mistake? Hmmmm?
    It's political cover to reduce the damage perceived by the ignorant.

    You won't provide the non-public information released because no non-public information was released. See how simple that was? You have no argument, and you know it.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #98
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Since a corporate tax is a federal income tax, yes I did say that. Are you the poster that refuses to accept the fact that S-corporations don't pay a corporate tax to the federal government?

    "The income of a C corporation is taxed, whereas the income of an S corporation (with a few exceptions) is not taxed under the Federal income tax laws. The income, or loss, is applied, Pro Rata, to each Shareholder and appears on their tax return as Schedule E income/(loss)...."
    C corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Are taxes paid to the federal government on a S corps income ?? Of course it is, and you've proved my point once again.

    Go back to Wiki and research some more.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  9. #99
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Who has argued that C-Corp and S-Corp taxes are the same
    You.

    Do you REALLY think there is a difference in the taxes paid by an S-Corp and a C-Corp ???
    Post #86, by Gill. How quickly you forgot what you wrote. Too bad you can't go back and edit that. What a shame. Damned by your own words.

    I've been president of both types of corps, so your lies and cut and paste replies from Wiki don't impress me.
    Sure you have. Prove me wrong. Try. Show me how corporate taxes aren't dependent upon their location within a consolidated parent. Show me how S-Corp passive taxes are lower then C-Corp PHC. Put your money where your mouth is.

    The key difference between you people and I is that I insult you and then prove why you are wrong. You guys just insult me and then run away when challenged.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #100
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Koch Industries Lawyer to White House: How Did You Get Our Tax Information?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If you had bothered to read the entire thread
    Amusing coming from you.

    and my posts and if you had a clue how corporations work
    Said the guy who said that corporate tax rates are dependent upon positions in consolidate parent corps "A lie." Notice we demonstrate knowledge. You just insult people and hope that personal attacks somehow compensate for a sheer lack of any demonstrated knowledge on the subject. How about you actually show you understand the subject before throwing around accusations people don't know what they are talking about?

    (besides what you and O.C. have read in books)
    Wanna prove what I said is wrong? Btw, is infinite = 1? lol. I'm going to mock you until you admit you are wrong.

    you would know that I was referring to the fact that both forms of corporations pay taxes, just in different ways.
    And the types of taxes, the amounts, rates and on what income are different. You in your crackpot argument argued that S-corp taxes and C-corp taxes are the same.

    Go back and read Wiki or wherever you're getting your information before trying to insult people that actually do it.
    Try prove someone wrong with something other then insults. Note how we quote you proving you wrong. Where have you provided anything resembling evidence at all much less any knowledge?

    If S-corp and C-corp tax differences didn't matter, then people wouldn't organize as an S. See how 100% wrong you are?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •