Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 113

Thread: Recession Ended in June 2009

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    This is not how (most) business operates; under the premise of "waiting" for tax policy to be implemented. I stress the word most because future tax policy is an integral part for hedge funds and various private trusts.

    Unless of course the actions since 2000 (when surpluses turned into massive deficits) did not send the signal to all businesses that tax increases are necessary requisites for future deficit reduction. If you or anyone was in business during this time, i have a hard time believing that you were both competent and not expecting tax increases in the wake of trillions upon trillions of added debt.

    My
    If it was just tax but their will be huge costs connected to Obamacare

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Wrong, the corporate tax structure will remain as it always does... they don't really pay taxes. And states can now regulate inappropriate rises in health care costs.

    You are sadly misinformed about a great number of things.
    Wrong in that they will have to increase prices to make up the cost of taxes the market may not allow that. The feds have huge power over state with Obamacare that is why states are going to court over it

  3. #33
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    They were blaming outsourcing, which was accurate. The CEO's are saying that they see a potential cap and trade policy, health care reform, regulations, etc increasing the cost of doing business. So, they are going to increase their efforts to hire outside of the country where the enviroment is more business friendly. They don't want to make large investments at home.

    Currently, there are many jobs that are not particuarly beneficial to outsource (from a cost benefit perspective). As costs continue to increase at home - due to the previously mentioned items - that entire metric can change. While the job may not have been cost effective to outsource, it now is.

    You can see the same thing happening between states. As the cost of doing business in the state increases (due to taxes, etc) companies become more likely to move to a different state.
    I don't buy that. I saw one state, New Mexico I think it was, eliminate all business tax, and they, business, moved anyway. Tax had no effect on them. The fact is paying 50 cents an hour and not having to worry healthcare at all, because most countries either don't have it or it is government run and not employment based. Whining about taxes is more a red herring than anything else IMHO.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So the rise in expense Obama has put on them has no influence on their business model this year? HAHAHA thats funny.
    No, it really hasn't. First, nothing has happen to speak of yet. Second, if people were buying, they'd be hiring. It really is that simple.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it really hasn't. First, nothing has happen to speak of yet. Second, if people were buying, they'd be hiring. It really is that simple.
    US has 4th highest coporate tax rate in the world and that is not enough. This is why jobs leave and why taxes is something companies have to look at before they hire. Now we have Obamacare. If these expenses cut into the profit they can not hire for the profit will not justify it.

    New Data Show U.S. Has Fourth Highest Corporate Tax Rate

    A new corporate tax survey by KPMG makes clear that this is only the first of many needed business tax reforms in the United States.

    KPMG found that the United States has the fourth highest corporate income tax rate in the 30-nation Organiza-tion for Economic Co-operation and Development.[1] The combined U.S. federal and average state rate of 40 percent is almost 9 percentage points higher than the average OECD top corporate rate of 31.4 percent.[2] Only Belgium, Italy, and Japan have higher rates than that of the United States.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Sorry double post.
    Last edited by buck; 09-21-10 at 10:06 PM.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't buy that. I saw one state, New Mexico I think it was, eliminate all business tax, and they, business, moved anyway.
    Yeah... That's not at all true. The states that don't have a corporate income tax have not had one in forever. So, it would be impossible to reach the conclusion that you did. There are currently a few states looking to eliminate their business income tax.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't buy that. I saw one state, New Mexico I think it was, eliminate all business tax, and they, business, moved anyway. Tax had no effect on them. The fact is paying 50 cents an hour and not having to worry healthcare at all, because most countries either don't have it or it is government run and not employment based. Whining about taxes is more a red herring than anything else IMHO.
    Look at Reno Nev. It has grown into a very large distribution center location. The reason being it is right across from Calif. But materially lower state taxes.

  9. #39
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    As a truck driver I know frieght improved since april. That means we may level off. I believe you will not see hiring until companies know how taxes and helthcare will affect their profits.
    Not really. More like companies start seeing increased demand and the ability to get credit. Taxes and healthcare be damned if you can't get credit to buy a machine you need.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #40
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Recession Ended in June 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Boo doesn't live in a world of Businesses and Reality, just liberal Ideology
    One could easily say the same for you.

    Of course Businesses of all stripes are holding down, and prepping for the worst
    Is that why the recent job reports show net gains? Is that why corporate spending is on the rise? Oh wait. That doesn't make sense with your argument.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •