Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85

Thread: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama’s’

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Pretty much. Even more amusing since Obama is following many of the Bush and Republican positions from the past. It's endlessly amusing how people bash Obama and then want to vote Republican while Obama is enacting Republican agenda items. People have just stopped thinking entirely.
    Obamacare was part of the Republican agenda? Cap and trade? Trillions in debt?

    Perhaps you should offer some evidence.

  2. #22
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Obamacare was part of the Republican agenda? Cap and trade? Trillions in debt?

    Perhaps you should offer some evidence.
    Perhaps you should get out from under that rock.

    Healthcare bill? Originally GOP. Health insurance mandate began as a Republican idea - The Boston Globe
    Cap and Trade? Originally GOP. PolitiFact Ohio | Democratic Rep. John Boccieri invokes GOP Sen. John McCain to back his cap-and-trade stance
    Trillions in Debt? Originally GOP. U.S. National Debt Graph: What they Won't Tell You

    Here's some more:

    Bonus Depreciation? Originally GOP. http://www.allbusiness.com/accountin...1056783-1.html
    R&D Credits? Originally GOP. http://www.rdtaxcredit.com:8080/news/
    Nuclear Loans? GOP. http://www.nirs.org/press/02-14-2010/1

    Need I go on? Stop pretending Obama is radically different from Bush. And start treating them with the same standard.

    How was your temporary suspension? Give you time to think about stuff?
    Last edited by obvious Child; 09-27-10 at 12:15 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Perhaps you should get out from under that rock.

    Healthcare bill? Originally GOP. Health insurance mandate began as a Republican idea - The Boston Globe
    Cap and Trade? Originally GOP. PolitiFact Ohio | Democratic Rep. John Boccieri invokes GOP Sen. John McCain to back his cap-and-trade stance
    Trillions in Debt? Originally GOP. U.S. National Debt Graph: What they Won't Tell You

    Here's some more:

    Bonus Depreciation? Originally GOP. The impact of bonus depreciation on leasing activity | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com
    R&D Credits? Originally GOP. http://www.rdtaxcredit.com:8080/news/
    Nuclear Loans? GOP. Obama Administration Preparing to Implement Bush/McCain Energy Policy With Taxpayer Bailout for Southern Company Nuclear Reactors - NIRS

    Need I go on? Stop pretending Obama is radically different from Bush. And start treating them with the same standard.

    How was your temporary suspension? Give you time to think about stuff?
    Who opposed Obamacare, the Democrats or Republicans?

    Who opposed Cap and Trade, the Democrats or Republicans?

    Who established record debt, the Democrats or Republicans?

  4. #24
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Who opposed Obamacare, the Democrats or Republicans?
    And this is relevant to my post how?

    You asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.

    Who opposed Cap and Trade, the Democrats or Republicans?
    As I understand the various sulfur emissions bill, both actually. But again you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.

    Who established record debt, the Democrats or Republicans?
    The GOP. And please note I italicized established to ensure I can hit you when you attempt to change the subject again. But AGAIN you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    obvious Child;1059007437]And this is relevant to my post how?

    You asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.
    If you read your own links you'd see that it was not a part of the "Republican platform" but in each case mentioned by individual Republicans. Individual members of the GOP may say whatever they want but that does not mean it is part of the GOP platform. In fact, as noted, the majority of Republicans voted against the legislation. What more evidence do you need?

    In one laughable link it said it was a Republican idea and then went on to first mention Hillary and Bill.

    You should strive to read higher quality sources.

    As I understand the various sulfur emissions bill, both actually. But again you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. [B]You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject. The GOP. And please note I italicized established to ensure I can hit you when you attempt to change the subject again. But AGAIN you asked for evidence of it as a original GOP platform and I gave you it. You are now fallaciously attempting to change to subject.
    Apparently you don't understand the difference between a platform and an individual opinion.
    Last edited by Grant; 09-27-10 at 10:43 AM.

  6. #26
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you read your own links you'd see that it was not a part of the "Republican platform" but in each case mentioned by individual Republicans.
    Who had supported in attempting to get them passed or passed with wide majorities. Perhaps you should read before posting. You ignore that the GOP passed Cap and Trade. You ignore that the GOP passed Bonus depreciation. You ignore that the GOP passed R&D and Nuclear loans. You ignore basically everything you don't like, like all good partisan hacks.

    Individual members of the GOP may say whatever they want but that does not mean it is part of the GOP platform. In fact, as noted, the majority of Republicans voted against the legislation. What more evidence do you need?
    Apparently being made into law by wide Republican majorities doesn't count as a platform to you.

    Apparently you don't understand the difference between a platform and an individual opinion.
    Says the guy who thinks having such items passed by Republicans is just "an individual opinion."

    By your argument everything parties pass is just "an individual opinion."
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Even the Conservative Messiah Sarah Palin (see how annoying that is?) supported Cap and Trade during the 2008 election season. Seems like early 2009 she suddenly changed her mind. And conservatives didn't notice. They just accept it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Even the Conservative Messiah Sarah Palin (see how annoying that is?) supported Cap and Trade during the 2008 election season. Seems like early 2009 she suddenly changed her mind. And conservatives didn't notice. They just accept it.
    I think you'll find she supported capping emissions, not cap and trade. She did not support the latter.

    Were you just making it up?

  9. #29
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Even the Conservative Messiah Sarah Palin (see how annoying that is?) supported Cap and Trade during the 2008 election season. Seems like early 2009 she suddenly changed her mind. And conservatives didn't notice. They just accept it.
    What is more amusing is people saying the concept of cap and trade is not Republican.

    Let's ignore just who pushed that bill for cap and trade sulfur markets.

    Hey Grant.

    Who passed the "U.S. acid rain cap and trade program?" And if it's so bad, why did the GOP not even think of repealing it?

    I think you'll find she supported capping emissions, not cap and trade. She did not support the latter.
    That's even stupider. Capping emissions without incentive to further reduce and profit is retarded. Like Sarah Palin. Cap and Trade functions by creating incentives to reduce emissions as low as possible to then sell unused credits to produce another stream of revenue. Pure limits on emissions without potentially profitable trading methods creates incentives merely to stay right below the limit.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 09-30-10 at 03:04 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #30
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Rasmussen: ‘52 percent of voters say their views are more like Palin’s than Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I think you'll find she supported capping emissions, not cap and trade. She did not support the latter.

    Were you just making it up?


    Here are the eight Republicans who voted for cap and tax.
    I'm glad Castle is out now. I don't know the others, but they need to go too..

    Bono Mack (CA)

    Castle (DE)

    Kirk (IL)

    Lance (NJ)

    LoBiondo (NJ)

    McHugh (NY)

    Reichert (WA)

    Smith (NJ)
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •