Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 438

Thread: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

  1. #311
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by E_Pluribus_Venom View Post
    If credible, sure. Truth doesn't need a coat of sugar.

    See above.

    True only if you're operating on the premise that any blanket criticism of party strategy is fear-mongering. Credible arguments can apply.
    Labeling a huge swath of the population as a "danger to the country" is not credible, period.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #312
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Labeling a huge swath of the population as a "danger to the country" is not credible, period.
    A huge swath of voters pave way for elected officials, who (via legislative procedures) establish criteria that stands to pose as a "danger to the country"... very credible.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    Two things:
    1. That is one long ass sentence
    2. If you don't want to have the discussion you're having, stop posting about it. Let it go and lets keep this thread on topic. I'm sick of seeing these personal attacks.
    Well, gee, since our discussion was already over and personal attacks make you so sick, then why did you feel the need to add to the discussion by making a personal attack?
    Last edited by Moot; 10-01-10 at 08:19 AM.

  4. #314
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by E_Pluribus_Venom View Post
    A huge swath of voters pave way for elected officials, who (via legislative procedures) establish criteria that stands to pose as a "danger to the country"... very credible.
    If we use your argument, then it's reasonable for pretty much everyone to say that the opposing party is a danger to the country. If Republicans think that voting for Obama would lead to policies that would make the country less secure or would otherwise damage the country's situation, then that would make all Democrats a "danger to the country."

    I guess I just have a different threshold for what I view as rising to the level of "danger to the country."
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 10-01-10 at 08:22 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I guess I just have a different threshold for what I view as rising to the level of "danger to the country."
    I should think assassination threads would top the list.

  6. #316
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I should think assassination threads would top the list.
    I'd say calls for violent revolts would be a step above that.
    Reality tends to have a liberal bias.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Aaaaand that was supposed to say 'threats', not 'threads'.

  8. #318
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    If we use your argument, then it's reasonable for pretty much everyone to say that the opposing party is a danger to the country. If Republicans think that voting for Obama would lead to policies that would make the country less secure or would otherwise damage the country's situation, then that would make all Democrats a "danger to the country."

    I guess I just have a different threshold for what I view as rising to the level of "danger to the country."
    Sounds like your run-of-the-mill partisan hackery found on talk radio and television, to me. Every 2-4 years the sky is falling, ladies and gentlemen.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #319
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I should think assassination threads would top the list.
    ...

    And there's a difference between labeling individual nutjobs who threaten the president as "dangerous" and labeling an entire swath of the populace who just happens to disagree with you as "dangerous."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #320
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    ...

    And there's a difference between labeling individual nutjobs who threaten the president as "dangerous" and labeling an entire swath of the populace who just happens to disagree with you as "dangerous."
    Tell that to the Jews, Cambodians, Serbs, Tutsis, Bosnians, and Armenians and see if they would agree with your assessment that entire swaths of the populace can't be labeled as dangerous. I seriously doubt they would.

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •