Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 438

Thread: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Of course not. I was just commenting on how crappy the lawn will look from all the lazy people throwing their trash on the ground.

    I think the event will just be a circus .... making fun of our country and its citizens in the midst of the giants who made this country great. Making fun of an event (Restoring Honor) that was nothing but inspirational singing, great speakers and honoring those who do good things in our country. Making fun of that won't resonate with the majority of the people in America. I think most people will find it stupid and maybe even disrespectful.
    Wow. It's amazing that this is the conclusion you've reached, with next to nothing in the way of information.

  2. #272
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Wow. It's amazing that this is the conclusion you've reached, with next to nothing in the way of information.
    It is funnier because when Beck rally was going on she was doing the opposite.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    It is funnier because when Beck rally was going on she was doing the opposite.
    That's pretty much what I remembered as well.

    I'm jealous. My best friend will be there.

  4. #274
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Wow. It's amazing that this is the conclusion you've reached, with next to nothing in the way of information.
    I've learned from this board that it's just going to be a laugh fest and it's obviously a parody of the Restoring Honor Rally. So...what do I have wrong?

    And, gee, I remember you and others here doing that with Glenn's Rally when you had no clue what was going to happen.


  5. #275
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    That's pretty much what I remembered as well.

    I'm jealous. My best friend will be there.
    I maybe going if enough of my friends are willing to come down as well. I don't want my last Halloween in college to be without them.

  6. #276
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    It is funnier because when Beck rally was going on she was doing the opposite.
    With Beck's rally, no one really DID know what was going to happen. Just that it wouldn't be political.

    With this rally, I'm just going by what I know - it's a parody of Restoring Honor and it's going to supposedly be really funny. Judging by what I know of Colbert and Stewart, they're going to be making fun of everything. What do I have wrong?


  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I've learned from this board that it's just going to be a laugh fest and it's obviously a parody of the Restoring Honor Rally. So...what do I have wrong?

    And, gee, I remember you and others here doing that with Glenn's Rally when you had no clue what was going to happen.
    Guess we'll see after it actually transpires.

    I don't like Glenn Beck. I didn't like him before, I don't like him now. I never will like him. I prefer a keen wit and sense of humor, combined with knowledge of current events. No fear-mongering, no drama llamas. That's why Jon Stewart is exactly my cup of tea, and Glenn Beck is not.

  8. #278
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I prefer a keen wit and sense of humor, combined with knowledge of current events. No fear-mongering, no drama llamas..
    "Obama wants to transform this country into a radical socialist paradise. If we don't do something about it, those people will ruin America" = Fearmongering

    "The tea party wants to transform this country into a radical conservative paradise. If we don't do something about it, those people will ruin America" = Reasonable and rational argument.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    "Obama wants to transform this country into a radical socialist paradise. If we don't do something about it, those people will ruin America" = Fearmongering

    "The tea party wants to transform this country into a radical conservative paradise. If we don't do something about it, those people will ruin America" = Reasonable and rational argument.
    Thanks for attributing all that to me - I assume that's what you're doing? But you don't know what I think or how I feel, so kindly stop.

  10. #280
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    With Beck's rally, no one really DID know what was going to happen. Just that it wouldn't be political.

    With this rally, I'm just going by what I know - it's a parody of Restoring Honor and it's going to supposedly be really funny. Judging by what I know of Colbert and Stewart, they're going to be making fun of everything. What do I have wrong?
    Well we know what Colbert's rally is going to be like. Stewart after reading his website a bit I don't know if it will be as comical as Colbert. I am sure there will be comedy involved, but like I said from the beginning Stewart seems to be taking this a bit more serious.

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •