Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 438

Thread: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

  1. #261
    Educator Jucon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    787

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
    If anything nefarious happens it will be due to ignorant folk who dislike folks who like Stewart and Colbert. But I see no need to even bring this up like some here are doing as if it is already a given. It is really unthinkable to me. The type of folks who will be attending in earnest are not the violent type.
    To be honest I'm sort of worried about college students, or really anyone, showing up under the influence of some intoxicant and causing trouble. Especially drunk people. I know how college students get... I was one for 5 years until recently.
    "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, it to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution." óJohn Adams

  2. #262
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    To be honest I'm sort of worried about college students, or really anyone, showing up under the influence of some intoxicant and causing trouble. Especially drunk people. I know how college students get... I was one for 5 years until recently.
    As a college student I am going to disagree with you for a bit. I see this being on the day before Halloween, and most likely Halloween party night, as a time when kids will pregame show up in costume and just start partying a bit earlier. So you know show up a little buzzed and have some fun and then go out later that night and get trashed. Even though it SUCKS to drink in DC.

  3. #263
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    "Rally to restore Sanity?"
    They're campaigning for convervatives?
    Who would have guessed?

  4. #264
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    "Rally to restore Sanity?"
    They're campaigning for convervatives?
    Who would have guessed?
    the truly insane are oblivious to their insanity.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  5. #265
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    the truly insane are oblivious to their insanity.
    Well, sure. Thus the irony of the rally's title.

  6. #266
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Well, sure. Thus the irony of the rally's title.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  7. #267
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
    If anything nefarious happens it will be due to ignorant folk who dislike folks who like Stewart and Colbert. But I see no need to even bring this up like some here are doing as if it is already a given. It is really unthinkable to me. The type of folks who will be attending in earnest are not the violent type.
    A bunch of college-aged kids in a giant group with an audience (the people there AND video cameras) on Halloween Eve and they're just going to sit in their lawn chair and be good?

    I bet the mall looks like crap when they leave.


  8. #268
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    A bunch of college-aged kids in a giant group with an audience (the people there AND video cameras) on Halloween Eve and they're just going to sit in their lawn chair and be good?

    I bet the mall looks like crap when they leave.
    The true measure of a cause and the validity of the purpose of a rally: how the lawn looks after their gathering is over.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  9. #269
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    The true measure of a cause and the validity of the purpose of a rally: how the lawn looks after their gathering is over.
    Of course not. I was just commenting on how crappy the lawn will look from all the lazy people throwing their trash on the ground.

    I think the event will just be a circus .... making fun of our country and its citizens in the midst of the giants who made this country great. Making fun of an event (Restoring Honor) that was nothing but inspirational singing, great speakers and honoring those who do good things in our country. Making fun of that won't resonate with the majority of the people in America. I think most people will find it stupid and maybe even disrespectful.


  10. #270
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Of course not. I was just commenting on how crappy the lawn will look from all the lazy people throwing their trash on the ground.

    I think the event will just be a circus .... making fun of our country and its citizens in the midst of the giants who made this country great. Making fun of an event (Restoring Honor) that was nothing but inspirational singing, great speakers and honoring those who do good things in our country. Making fun of that won't resonate with the majority of the people in America. I think most people will find it stupid and maybe even disrespectful.
    too funny.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •