Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 438

Thread: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Have anything on the topic or are you mouth foaming your dishonesty once again?
    Your new stance on the tea party people caught us all a little off guard. But it's good you've finally come around.

  2. #192
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Rally to Restore Sanity

    Time
    Saturday, October 30 12:00pm - 3:00pm
    Location Washington, DC
    Created By
    The Daily Show
    More Info "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

    Who among us has not wanted to open their window and shout that at the top of their lungs?

    Seriously, who?

    Because we're looking for those people. We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles.

    Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point.

    Think of our event as Woodstock, but with the nudity and drugs replaced by respectful disagreement; the Million Man March, only a lot smaller, and a bit less of a sausage fest; or the Gathering of the Juggalos, but instead of throwing our feces at Tila Tequila, we'll be actively *not* throwing our feces at Tila Tequila. Join us in the shadow of the Washington Monument. And bring your indoor voice. Or don't. If you'd rather stay home, go to work, or drive your kids to soccer practice... Actually, please come anyway. Ask the sitter if she can stay a few extra hours, just this once. We'll make it worth your while.

    Keep checking back for updates and rally information.
    Rally to Restore Sanity
    The Daily Show (Rally4Sanity) on Twitter

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Where is the Fear Rally press release?

  4. #194
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,355

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by sokpupet View Post
    Rally to Restore Sanity

    Time
    Saturday, October 30 12:00pm - 3:00pm
    Location Washington, DC
    Created By
    The Daily Show
    More Info "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

    Who among us has not wanted to open their window and shout that at the top of their lungs?

    Seriously, who?

    Because we're looking for those people. We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles.

    Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point.

    Think of our event as Woodstock, but with the nudity and drugs replaced by respectful disagreement; the Million Man March, only a lot smaller, and a bit less of a sausage fest; or the Gathering of the Juggalos, but instead of throwing our feces at Tila Tequila, we'll be actively *not* throwing our feces at Tila Tequila. Join us in the shadow of the Washington Monument. And bring your indoor voice. Or don't. If you'd rather stay home, go to work, or drive your kids to soccer practice... Actually, please come anyway. Ask the sitter if she can stay a few extra hours, just this once. We'll make it worth your while.

    Keep checking back for updates and rally information.
    Rally to Restore Sanity
    The Daily Show (Rally4Sanity) on Twitter
    Sounds like the tea parties to me. They see how successful it has been so they want to create their own.


  5. #195
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Sounds like the tea parties to me. They see how successful it has been so they want to create their own.
    really? if by that you mean a gigantic joke, you're right.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #196
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Sounds like the tea parties to me. They see how successful it has been so they want to create their own.
    This is a comedic event.. .. ..by comedians. Get it?

  7. #197
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    your post works well here:



    I wouldn't expect you to contribute other than ad homs.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #198
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Your new stance on the tea party people caught us all a little off guard. But it's good you've finally come around.


    What the hell are you even talking about now.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What the hell are you even talking about now.
    Your sense of irony.

  10. #200
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: It's Official Jon Stewart & Colbert will host a rally on October 30th in DC

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Your sense of irony.



    Is that the subject of this thread? Please compose yourself and form a coherent point.,
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •