Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

  1. #21
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The truth of the matter is that what a person chooses to wear projects an image. And this gal is intentionally projecting a very provocative image. On definite purpose. If a woman wears sprayed-on clothing, what image is she portraying? And yes, as far as cat-calling is concerned, dressing provocatively and walking past a bunch of construction workers/football players/whatever, is pretty much asking for it.
    And I'm sure she enjoys the attention. I'm just saying that if it goes beyond cat calls, their excuse for not controlling themselves had better not be that her jeans were painted on. Cuz that excuse doesn't fly anymore in a court of law.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    And I'm sure she enjoys the attention. I'm just saying that if it goes beyond cat calls, their excuse for not controlling themselves had better not be that her jeans were painted on. Cuz that excuse doesn't fly anymore in a court of law.
    But it may fly in the court of public opinion.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    But it may fly in the court of public opinion.
    If that's true, it's a very sad thing indeed.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    If that's true, it's a very sad thing indeed.
    A fine looking lady at a football practice. Hmmm. As long as she didn't get groped, what's the problem with catcalls? A bit crude perhaps, but what was she expecting? She was evidently quick to accept an apology and it seems they will make no more issue of it. Surely we aren't so overly sensitive to claims of harrassment that catcalls are out of bounds?

  5. #25
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    She's the self-proclaimed "sexiest sports reporter in Mexico". I highly suspect this is a very convenient and opportunistic publicity stunt of hers. She was mighty quick to accept the semi-apology she received.
    Actually she is.. and the 5th sexiest in the world according to FHM . Sexiest is the Spanish reporter accused of making Spain loose to the Swiss

    The Five Sexiest Sports Reporters in the World | FHMonline.com
    PeteEU

  6. #26
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    And as far as I understand it... she has not made any complaints... it is the Jets that have started the investigation themselves based on reports from other media and people there and she basically does not care. If anything it is typical American political correctness going on to the extreme.
    PeteEU

  7. #27
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    A fine looking lady at a football practice. Hmmm. As long as she didn't get groped, what's the problem with catcalls? A bit crude perhaps, but what was she expecting? She was evidently quick to accept an apology and it seems they will make no more issue of it. Surely we aren't so overly sensitive to claims of harrassment that catcalls are out of bounds?
    I wasn't talking about cat calls.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  8. #28
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Actually she is.. and the 5th sexiest in the world according to FHM . Sexiest is the Spanish reporter accused of making Spain loose to the Swiss

    The Five Sexiest Sports Reporters in the World | FHMonline.com
    I thought it was great when Casillas planted a wet one on her after they won the WC.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  9. #29
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And as far as I understand it... she has not made any complaints... it is the Jets that have started the investigation themselves based on reports from other media and people there and she basically does not care. If anything it is typical American political correctness going on to the extreme.
    Yeah, I've been reading a little more about it and it does sound like the ones who made a fuss were the other reporters there. She's a Latina, of course she doesn't care about cat calls. She expects them. It's part of our Hispanic culture. I'll be really bummed when I don't get cat calls anymore.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #30
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Jets addressing alleged harassment of female reporter

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I thought it was great when Casillas planted a wet one on her after they won the WC.
    It owned totally.. made a tear or two extra come out of my eyes after the win ... was a real.. "go **** yourselves, this piece of ass is mine!" moment from Casillas... kudos.
    PeteEU

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •