Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    UPDATE: Two religious leaders at a recently-founded offshoot of the Baptist church burned Korans in a Tennessee back yard on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, reports the NBC affiliate in Nashville.
    The Florida pastor who planned a Koran-burning on the anniversary of 9/11 swore on Saturday he would "not ever" burn the Muslim holy book, but that didn't stop others from picking up the pastor's mantle as Americans marked the ninth anniversary of the country's worst terrorist attack.


    At Ground Zero in New York City, an unidentified man was escorted away by police when he tore pages out of a Koran and set them alight during a protest, the New York Daily News reported.
    This is great news. What, you say? Yes, this is absolutely great news. The great news is that I had to find this on a blog, because NO network media is covering the story, other than the local outlets where these incidents occurred. From the national media? Crickets. But, what about the First Amendment and freedom of the press, you ask?

    Hate mongering buttheads, of course, are free to burn the Korans, as the First Amendment protects buttheads too. However the mainstream media is free to print and televise whatever they want, and my hat is off to them for being responsible. These events are not worth the ink to print. These are not stories. These are nutters who don't deserve the air time for what they are spewing.

    So, yes, this actually IS good news.

    One further note: The police should not have gotten involved in the New York incident. The man there was not hurting anybody. He was only letting people see what a bigot he is. There is no crime in that. In fact, that is what we could call educational.

    Article is here.
    Last edited by danarhea; 09-13-10 at 12:00 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This is great news. What, you say? Yes, this is absolutely great news. The great news is that I had to find this on a blog, because NO network media is covering the story, other than the local outlets where these incidents occurred. From the national media? Crickets. But, what about the First Amendment and freedom of the press, you ask?

    Hate mongering buttheads, of course, are free to burn the Korans, as the First Amendment protects buttheads too. However the mainstream media is free to print and televise whatever they want, and my hat is off to them for being responsible. These events are not worth the ink to print. These are not stories. These are nutters who don't deserve the air time for what they are spewing.

    So, yes, this actually IS good news.

    One further note: The police should not have gotten involved in the New York incident. The man there was not hurting anybody. He was only letting people see what a bigot he is. There is no crime in that. In fact, that is what we could call educational.

    Article is here.
    I'm willing to bet in NYC you need a permit to burn anything. The cops probably were in the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #3
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I'm willing to bet in NYC you need a permit to burn anything. The cops probably were in the right.
    Oh, NYC. LOL. I think you need a permit there just to light a cigarette.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    So this pastor was just a lunatic man alone, over-reacting and not representative of anyone, eh?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This is great news. What, you say? Yes, this is absolutely great news. The great news is that I had to find this on a blog, because NO network media is covering the story, other than the local outlets where these incidents occurred. From the national media? Crickets. But, what about the First Amendment and freedom of the press, you ask?

    Hate mongering buttheads, of course, are free to burn the Korans, as the First Amendment protects buttheads too. However the mainstream media is free to print and televise whatever they want, and my hat is off to them for being responsible. These events are not worth the ink to print. These are not stories. These are nutters who don't deserve the air time for what they are spewing.

    So, yes, this actually IS good news.

    One further note: The police should not have gotten involved in the New York incident. The man there was not hurting anybody. He was only letting people see what a bigot he is. There is no crime in that. In fact, that is what we could call educational.

    Article is here.
    It's not reported because doing so would anger hordes of brainwashed apes.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,894
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    It's not reported because doing so would anger hordes of brainwashed apes.
    Why would it anger Americans?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Why would it anger Americans?
    Thanks for that, Spud_meister.

    I'm involved in anti Americanism on another thread and would like to use this quote as an example of the point I'm making.

    May I use it?

  8. #8
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    So this pastor was just a lunatic man alone, over-reacting and not representative of anyone, eh?
    Are you suggesting that all Christians or all Americans or all ____ support this action? Because I resent that.

    Or perhaps you're using sarcasm to suggest the opposite:
    That the actions of a few extremists in one offshoot (among many) of a major global religion shouldn't be considered representative of the billion-plus followers of the religion as a whole?

    Is that what you're telling me?
    Last edited by Deuce; 09-19-10 at 02:26 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #9
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Korans vandalized in New York, Washington on 9/11 anniversary

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Oh, NYC. LOL. I think you need a permit there just to light a cigarette.
    In most cases now you get fined for lighing up a smoke and not just in NYC.

    I understand the Pastor in FLA> have been served with a bill for tens of thousands of dollars from the Police for them having to gear up to protect his right to burn the Islamic Cults How to Book of the Death Cult.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •