Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

  1. #31
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    There is a significant difference between exposing government abuses and glorifying an individual's idiocy.

    That you're having trouble seeing that is both typical and disappointing, all at the same time.
    What's amusing is that you think you made some profound point, when all you did was make our point for us. Gov't Abuses? You mean making the military and Bush look bad.

    Then you'd be correct.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #32
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Yes, I guess that when it's revealed that certain members of the military were doing bad things, it makes Bush and the military look bad.

    However you need to characterize it for your internal model of the world to remain stable, it doesn't change the fact that there is a significant difference between exposing government abuses and glorifying one individual's stupidity.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #33
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Well, let's see. Some complete nobody in Podunk, U.S.A. decides to pull a cheap publicity stunt. This needs to be publicized nationally as if it were a meaningful event, why?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #34
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Well, let's see. Some complete nobody in Podunk, U.S.A. decides to pull a cheap publicity stunt. This needs to be publicized nationally as if it were a meaningful event, why?
    Sigh,

    They ARE all ready nationalizing, but they won't show "pictures or video". That's the key point.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #35
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,475

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Bias? I'm pointing out hypocrisy. I'm pointing out that all you have to do is threaten violence and the media cowers. They WIN. Don't you people get it? When we fear them, they WIN.

    What good is freedom of speech, or freedom of the press if we let others determine what we will show because we fear their reaction! This isn't about the Flag, or the Koran, or Islam, or Christianity. This is about letting FEAR control us.

    And some of you, shake in your boots.
    I see your point to some certain extent.

    But until we bring our boys home I am glad they are not showing the blowhard burning books. Bring our boys home and then tell them to shove it.

    We should have never been over there but some of you were concerned how Hussein was treating his own citizens. Well, guess what we went in there with billions of bucks and lost and maimed many of our best.........................and how do they treat us? One lunatic here gets national press and they are ready to burn us.......Are we the biggest idiots in the world?


    And I am not shaking in my boots either and neither should you because we are both thousands of miles away from that hell and safe sitting on our fat butts typing nonsense.

  6. #36
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    There is a significant difference between exposing government abuses and glorifying an individual's idiocy.

    That you're having trouble seeing that is both typical and disappointing, all at the same time.
    I was pointing out that the media doesn't give two ****s about troop safety not whether or not there is a significance between the two. Amazing how you have trouble seeing that.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #37
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Yeah, and I was pointing out that you're comparing apples to oranges.

    If it makes you feel better about your position to continue, feel free.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #38
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Yeah, and I was pointing out that you're comparing apples to oranges.

    If it makes you feel better about your position to continue, feel free.
    How was I trying to compare apples to oranges? Did I say a measly insignificant book burning was the same thing as prison photos? People argued in both cases that the end result of showing photos would be loss of more troop lives, its not any shape or form say a measly book burning is somehow the same thing as national guard pogs staking inmates in a human pyramid. Using the prison abuse scandal only points out that the media does not give two ****s about whether or not the troops are endangered as a result of their activities.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #39
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    In one breath you say you're not comparing them. Then in the next breath, you compare them.

    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #40
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Fox won’t cover Koran-burning; AP to block pictures

    Moderator's Warning:
    Let's discuss the thread topic, not each other.


    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    So what you're telling us is that events which would put any and every American in a Muslim country in danger should be broadcast? Interesting. I remember when the Iraq war started, the mere mention that Arabs were dying supposedly put our soldiers in jeopardy more than the fact that we had invaded a country. Now that some jerk-off bigot is about to start a **** storm that anyone with more than two brain cells would want to avoid getting involved in - it doesn't matter what the media prints or says anymore? Your bias doesn't escape us.
    When there were unconfirmed reports of Korans being flushed down toilets in Gitmo, I don't recall any media organizations agreeing not to report on the story because it might endanger Americans overseas. I remember them rushing to print the story despite the fact that there was no solid evidence that this had ever occurred. As a result of this erroneous report, there were riots around the globe that left 15 dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Well, let's see. Some complete nobody in Podunk, U.S.A. decides to pull a cheap publicity stunt. This needs to be publicized nationally as if it were a meaningful event, why?
    It doesn't. The people who decided it needed to be publicized nationally are the ones who are now furiously trying to distance themselves from the predictable results of their actions.

    As pointed out above, the fact that some whackjob wanted to burn a Koran is not new. The only thing that made this incident different is that the media gobbled it up and spread it across the front page of newspapers nationwide.

    Random guy on the street: "I'm an asshole"
    Police officer: "That's interesting, here's a megaphone so everyone can hear you"
    Random guy on the street with a megaphone: "I'M AN ASSHOLE!"
    Police officer: "You're under arrest for being disruptive."
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •