Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

  1. #1
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    The state sheriff's association proposed the idea Tuesday to a legislative health care committee, The News & Observer of Raleigh reported. The sheriffs said they want access to state computer records identifying anyone with prescriptions for powerful painkillers and other controlled substances.
    Oh yea, nothing fascist about this.

    Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database - BlackListed News
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    The answer is NO. They cannot have access to my private medical information.

  3. #3
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    The way to enforce this is through doctors who prescribe them -- not the patients who take them. Sheriffs are capable of deciding who uses too much pain killer? Give me a break. Pharmacies already have to track controlled substance prescriptions by doctor. Let them have access to that and save countless doc-made-drug-addicts by putting those creeps out of business.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #4
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    This is another slippery slope that needs to be nipped in the bud. Since the passage of the Patriots Acts one and two and some other laws on the books we face The Big Brother World we were warned about by George Orwell in 1984.

    Those who stand for nothing fall for anything

  5. #5
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    Tell ya what, I'll let you snoop through my medical records if you let me snoop through the medical records of all the employees of the Sheriff's Department. What's good for the goose, right?

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,985

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    With a warrant I think they should be able to do this. Trust me, working in a pharmacy there are tons of drug addicts and narcotics abusers. The police should have access to their info if they are to be tried or suspected. However, I only support this with a judge issued warrant.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    With a warrant I think they should be able to do this. Trust me, working in a pharmacy there are tons of drug addicts and narcotics abusers. The police should have access to their info if they are to be tried or suspected. However, I only support this with a judge issued warrant.
    I don't blame them......

    Apparently the doctors and phramacies are supposed to be the ones who keep track of drug dependent doc shoppers?
    You know... the people who make the profit off of their visit to get their bull**** prescription from the doc... and then have it filled at the pharmacy.....

    Is it no wonder that only 20/10% of the doctors/pharmacies have bothered to sign up??

    Non-Emergency Medicine is nothing more than being a legal professional drug dealer....Why do you think you can't walk into a doctor's office without seeing at least 10+ pharmaceutical company advertisements...


    So.. I can see why the Sheriff's would want access... someone has to actually do something about this crap... it certainly isn't going to be the folks who are making the profits off of it. So why not the guys who have to play clean-up from the **** that it causes?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't blame them......

    Apparently the doctors and phramacies are supposed to be the ones who keep track of drug dependent doc shoppers?
    You know... the people who make the profit off of their visit to get their bull**** prescription from the doc... and then have it filled at the pharmacy.....

    Is it no wonder that only 20/10% of the doctors/pharmacies have bothered to sign up??

    Non-Emergency Medicine is nothing more than being a legal professional drug dealer....Why do you think you can't walk into a doctor's office without seeing at least 10+ pharmaceutical company advertisements...


    So.. I can see why the Sheriff's would want access... someone has to actually do something about this crap... it certainly isn't going to be the folks who are making the profits off of it. So why not the guys who have to play clean-up from the **** that it causes?
    I see your point but you wouldn't have to deal with it, if it were legal over the counter.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #9
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I see your point but you wouldn't have to deal with it, if it were legal over the counter.
    Ummmm... Yes.. Actually, Law Enforcement would have to deal with it.

    Overdose calls... thats us.
    Assault with a Deadly Weapon while fighting over the pills or because of the pills.... thats us.
    Child Abuse/Neglect because parents are too ****ing stoned out of their worthless minds to take care of the children..... that us.
    Fatal Traffic Crash because someone was high on pills..... that us.
    Teenagers running away from home because their parents are emotionally missing from abusing narcotic pills....... thats us.

    Prescription Pill Abuse causes more problems then just the violation of controlled substance laws.

    And while these things I listed already happen, I have a good feeling that the call volume for this type of **** would be significantly higher if they were avaliable over the counter.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Sheriffs Want Access to Prescription Database

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ummmm... Yes.. Actually, Law Enforcement would have to deal with it.

    Overdose calls... thats us.
    Assault with a Deadly Weapon while fighting over the pills or because of the pills.... thats us.
    Child Abuse/Neglect because parents are too ****ing stoned out of their worthless minds to take care of the children..... that us.
    Fatal Traffic Crash because someone was high on pills..... that us.
    Teenagers running away from home because their parents are emotionally missing from abusing narcotic pills....... thats us.

    Prescription Pill Abuse causes more problems then just the violation of controlled substance laws.

    And while these things I listed already happen, I have a good feeling that the call volume for this type of **** would be significantly higher if they were avaliable over the counter.
    I don't believe that it would be more likely, some things may be less likely.
    The fighting over pills, in the event that they become cheaper as OTC medicines.

    I know pretty well how people shop doctors for these things, my family is full of these type of people.
    It's despicable but it's also a waste on doctors resources to see people, when instead they can buy it without all the bs.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •