Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

  1. #1
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Post Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by The Smoking Gun
    Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Florida church’s “rulebook” worthy of pastor’s bonfire

    SEPTEMBER 8--The Florida pastor who is planning to burn a pile of Korans this weekend runs a church that has established a variety of cult-like rules for individuals studying to become ministers, according to the group’s “rulebook.”

    The Dove World Outreach Center (DWOC), headed by Islam-hating Rev. Terry Jones, has been widely denounced for its September 11 bonfire plans. The tiny Gainesville church is headed by Jones and his wife Sylvia, a co-pastor.

    The DWOC’s “Academy Rulebook,” a copy of which you’ll find here, was created in November 2007 by Sylvia Jones. The document, which details the standards to which a prospective DWOC minister must adhere, addresses topics such as behavior, study, and communication. It is also filled with the kind of creepy directions that are often associated with cults.

    [...]
    A little bit Fred Phelps, a little bit David Koresh. Sign me up!

  2. #2
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    A little bit Fred Phelps, a little bit David Koresh. Sign me up!

    none of which takes away from his constitutional right to burn a quran. I like the ploy though. discredit the guy as a nutter and you discredit his rights as a citizen.

  3. #3
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    none of which takes away from his constitutional right to burn a quran. I like the ploy though. discredit the guy as a nutter and you discredit his rights as a citizen.
    Link to the post where I said he does not have the First Amendment right to do what he is doing.

  4. #4
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    none of which takes away from his constitutional right to burn a quran. I like the ploy though. discredit the guy as a nutter and you discredit his rights as a citizen.
    um...the guy IS a nutter. he can do what he wants, but people should know he's a complete and utter idiot.

  5. #5
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    um...the guy IS a nutter. he can do what he wants, but people should know he's a complete and utter idiot.
    agreed (meh 10 char)

  6. #6
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Link to the post where I said he does not have the First Amendment right to do what he is doing.
    Ok, so maybe you didn't come out and say he doesn't have 1st amendment rights. (maybe that was just the impression I got from your general tone)

    so, please explain, other than to discredit the guy, what was your purpose for starting this thread.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Being critical of this guy is ALSO exercising free speech.

    What, is he your uncle or something?

  8. #8
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    Ok, so maybe you didn't come out and say he doesn't have 1st amendment rights. (maybe that was just the impression I got from your general tone)

    so, please explain, other than to discredit the guy, what was your purpose for starting this thread.
    I started the thread because it is relevant, gives some background to a person and group that is currently in the news and interesting to me, and hopefully it is to others. My purpose was not to discredit him, as he does a fine job of it all by himself.

    I don't give a squirt of piss about him, his "church," or his Koran burning past the entertainment value it provides me. He and his merry band of ko0ks can burn all the Korans they can afford for all I care.
    Last edited by Coronado; 09-09-10 at 01:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Being critical of this guy is ALSO exercising free speech.

    What, is he your uncle or something?
    and me questioning his motives is also free speech what, is he your brother or something?

    you questioning me questioning his motives is also free speech. we can go round and round with this all day.

    I was just wanting to know the OPs motive for starting this thread. everyone already knows the guy is a nutter, so what is the point?

  10. #10
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,882
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Koran Burner: Creepier Than You Think

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I was just wanting to know the OPs motive for starting this thread. everyone already knows the guy is a nutter, so what is the point?
    To specify his nuttery.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •