Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 185

Thread: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

  1. #41
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,532

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    no, you don't get it. criticize him, but do it fairly. i don't see that happening. especially when people on this very thread seem to think it's ok to use the n word about him. give him the same pass you gave bush.
    I didn't give anyone a pass, and if you think Obama isn't being "fairly" criticized for continually overstating the recovery, then you don't think he can be "fairly" criticized for anything, no -- especially when you say yourself that overheated expectations are "ignorance."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #42
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Well, your friends tend to be your neighbors, so maybe I should use that word instead.
    any evidence to back this up? I would admit that, in many cases, you do become friends with your neighbors. However, people don't generally live in a neighborhood with all their friends.

  3. #43
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    BTW, voting democrat doesn't automatically make you a liberal.
    and not voting democrat doesn't automatically make you conservative.

  4. #44
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    You avoided the question.


    follow up though...

    I'm not friends with all my neighbors. I abhor the drunk who beats his kid two doors down.... Don't like the idiot who races his car up and down the street. No, these folks are not my "friends"....


    Now:

    "Why "especially about the POTUS" are other black folk not as black or something. this logic escapes me.... "
    Good for you...is that what they call a strawman? Or just picking nits? I can play that game, we have a convicted/paroled child molester in town, I am not friends with him.
    People who use derogatory terms about Obama are using those terms because the public would crucify them for using the N word, so they come up with substitute words. Doing so destroys their credibility, and they are too stupid to know it...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #45
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I didn't give anyone a pass, and if you think Obama isn't being "fairly" criticized for continually overstating the recovery, then you don't think he can be "fairly" criticized for anything, no -- especially when you say yourself that overheated expectations are "ignorance."
    nice talking points. but that's all they are. the recovery is slow, but it will happen. he never promised flowers and candy, like someone else i remember.

  6. #46
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Good for you...is that what they call a strawman? Or just picking nits? I can play that game, we have a convicted/paroled child molester in town, I am not friends with him.
    what strawman, you made the claim, I responded to your posts.

    People who use derogatory terms about Obama are using those terms because the public would crucify them for using the N word, so they come up with substitute words. Doing so destroys their credibility, and they are too stupid to know it...
    and you call these people your "friends"....


    and what "substitute words".... maybe it's just me, but I you tried to label conservatives as particularly influenced by racism and it failed miserably.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Good for you...is that what they call a strawman? Or just picking nits? I can play that game, we have a convicted/paroled child molester in town, I am not friends with him.
    People who use derogatory terms about Obama are using those terms because the public would crucify them for using the N word, so they come up with substitute words. Doing so destroys their credibility, and they are too stupid to know it...
    So then...no one was really calling Obama a nigger and you were basically just trying to play a race card without there even being any racism.

    Glad we cleared that up.

  8. #48
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    any evidence to back this up? I would admit that, in many cases, you do become friends with your neighbors. However, people don't generally live in a neighborhood with all their friends.
    True, but for most people, political leaning is not the only criteria for becoming friends.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #49
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    I just think it is not necessary to use the "N" word in reference to Obama. The term incompetent in more than sufficient to describe him.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama: Critics 'talk about me like a dog'

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I just think it is not necessary to use the "N" word in reference to Obama. The term incompetent in more than sufficient to describe him.
    I think it's a bit of an understatement.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •