Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 125

Thread: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

  1. #101
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Hey Hazlnut, how many showed up at Sharpton's Rally?

    Oh, jomv, nice bigotry there eh? Did you know MLK Jr had family on stage with Beck? Bet you didn't know that did you?
    She doesn't count because she is pro-life.
    She was also getting hate mail before the rally but I guess that's ok by the left. Freedom of speech and religion only applies to people they agree with.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #102
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    that's what it looked like.....but i can't help but wonder WHY? all beck did was ramble......it was kinda weird, really.
    So,.. you think Beck rambled. Maybe he did.
    What about everyone else who spoke?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #103
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yeah....anti gay niece, right?
    She's probably for traditional marriage.
    Is that anti-gay?
    Our President is pro-traditional marriage.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #104
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What you are failing to appreciate is that the stadium is also several stories tall. Look...I understand that everyone wants to make their cause look bigger than it is. Every group does it. But looking at the actual photos and numbers, it is clear that this crowd was smaller than the typical crowd at a U of M football game (100k). 87k is probably very accurate. Its still is a sizeable crowd. Just not the inflated figures that Beck wants people to buy into.
    How many qualifiers are you going to put on this, DD, as each time you post about capacity, it's shown to be wrong?

    And in fact, my commentary on this is about you folks who seem to be terribly vested in diminishing the cause as much as possible.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #105
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What you are failing to appreciate is that the stadium is also several stories tall.
    Which would be relevant if people stood on each others' heads.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Hey Hazlnut, how many showed up at Sharpton's Rally?
    Why, did Beck try to count them as part of his rally?

    Oh, jomv, nice bigotry there eh? Did you know MLK Jr had family on stage with Beck? Bet you didn't know that did you?
    Did you have any sources about the crowd size or are you just going to continue to change the subject?

  7. #107
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Which would be relevant if people stood on each others' heads.
    Well, they are Michigan fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #108
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Why, did Beck try to count them as part of his rally?



    Did you have any sources about the crowd size or are you just going to continue to change the subject?
    You have a study that everyone but you, and Dan Rather realize is crap.

    And I note that you don't know how many showed up at the Sharpton gig, I'll let you know, it was about 3k.

    3k.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #109
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    I read on a liberal blog, that they asked the parks department and although they don't release official figures, they still estimated unofficially there were 350,000 there. The reason the parks department doesn't release those figures anymore, is because they were accused of low balling the crowds.

  10. #110
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Which would be relevant if people stood on each others' heads.
    Exactly! and that is the fallacy of Harshaws attempts to overestimate the numbers. 100k fit inside U of M stadium. When you compare the two crowds, they are fairly similiar in size. You can't just take the stadium and say it fits within a certain area, when you don't account for the fact that the stadium is several stories high. It would be exactly like you say, taking the same area and having the Beck crowd standing on each other's shoulders several stories high.
    The fact is.....the pictures don't lie. Any attempt to make the crowd larger than 100K at the max are just stretching it.
    The 87K figure estimated is most likely accurate when you look at the photos.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •