Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 125

Thread: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

  1. #91
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Hey Hazlnut, how many showed up at Sharpton's Rally?

    Oh, jomv, nice bigotry there eh? Did you know MLK Jr had family on stage with Beck? Bet you didn't know that did you?
    yeah....anti gay niece, right?

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin thought was so out of whack that it needed restoration. I'm not trying to be glib here. I really didn't see the relevence nor the need to hold a rally on a day that 40 years ago marked a day of racial unity and hope for this country to one day erase the color line between Blacks and Whites, and why he choose to use same as a day of honoring our troop and religious uplifting....atleast that's how I hear the rally has been hailed as. Am I wrong?

    What was so necessary for Glenn Beck to feel compelled to do this? I can understand Al Sharpton. His reason was two-fold:

    1. To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of MLK, Jr's "I Have A Dream" speech; and,

    2. To counter Glenn Beck. ( Towit...I'll say it if no one else will, "He ain't stilling this day from the Black man!")

    But I really don't see the significance of Glenn Beck holding a rally on that day for three reasons:

    1. Any honoring he wanted to do on behalf of the troops could have been done on Veteran's Day, Memorial Day or Independence Day.

    2. Any religious "rivival" would have been bettere serve and more readily acknowledged had a more renouned religious figure hosted or spoke at the event, i.e., Rev. Billy Graham. As such, I don't recall seeing many prayer viguals any time I switched back to watch how events were unfolding at Beck's rally. So, if anyone saw folks people praying enmass before or during the rally, please let me know. Perhaps I missed it.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 08-31-10 at 06:12 PM.

  3. #93
    User justonemorevoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    01-11-11 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    115

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin thought was so out of whack that it needed restoration. I'm not trying to be glib here. I really didn't see the relevence nor the need to hold a rally on a day that 40 years ago marked a day of racial unity and hope for this country to one day erase the color line between Blacks and Whites, and why he choose to use same as a day of honoring our troop and religious uplifting....atleast that's how I hear the rally has been hailed as. Am I wrong?

    What was so necessary for Glenn Beck to feel compelled to do this? I can understand Al Sharpton. His reason was two-fold:

    1. To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of MLK, Jr's "I Have A Dream" speech; and,

    2. To counter Glenn Beck. ( Towit...I'll say it if no one else will, "He ain't stilling this day from the Black man!")

    But I really don't see the significance of Glenn Beck holding a rally on that day for three reasons:

    1. Any honoring he wanted to do on behalf of the troops could have been done on Veteran's Day, Memorial Day or Independence Day.

    2. Any religious "rivival" would have been bettere serve and more readily acknowledged had a more renouned religious figure hosted or spoke at the event, i.e., Rev. Billy Graham. As such, I don't recall seeing many prayer viguals any time I switched back to watch how events were unfolding at Beck's rally. So, if anyone saw folks people praying enmass before or during the rally, please let me know. Perhaps I missed it.
    thank you, thank you, thank you.

  4. #94
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not even close. The size of the grassy area around the Washington Monument is about the size of two football fields without the stadium, which would be about 1/2 the size of the stadium here (minus the football field).
    Taking that Michigan Stadium holds about 100k, it appears the estimate of 87k is pretty darn accurate.
    You appear to have a rather odd and self-serving definition of "close."

    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #95
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Who really gives a **** about the exact number of attendees, it was a ton....it was a very respectable amount.

    Here's a photo of a couple of nutjob racists that attended.



    And here's another pic of some real haters. They don't look like us, do they?



    No doubt this guy believes in slavery, wearing a shirt like that:



    See, here's an African-American being treated like a pack-mule, proving that slavery is strong among Beck fans:



    Uh oh, looks like Beck is promoting the Aryan race.




    /sarcasm off
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #96
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    The best article written about the rally....

    James Freeman: Glenn Beck's Happy Warriors - WSJ.com


  7. #97
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yeah....anti gay niece, right?
    And Sharpton had MLK's idiot son, MLK III, who has even been sued by his brother and criticized by others who worked with MLK Jr.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #98
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You appear to have a rather odd and self-serving definition of "close."

    What you are failing to appreciate is that the stadium is also several stories tall. Look...I understand that everyone wants to make their cause look bigger than it is. Every group does it. But looking at the actual photos and numbers, it is clear that this crowd was smaller than the typical crowd at a U of M football game (100k). 87k is probably very accurate. Its still is a sizeable crowd. Just not the inflated figures that Beck wants people to buy into.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #99
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

    Wasn't Beck complaining earlier in the summer about not getting his permit for the event?
    No. MSNBC lied on a lead in and said the rally was cancled because he didn't have a permit.
    Glenn had applied for a permit and was given Aug 28.
    I have no idea where MSNBC got their false imformation.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #100
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Glenn Beck Rally Sparks Debate Over Crowd Size

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Wasn't Beck complaining earlier in the summer about not getting his permit for the event?
    Try actually listening to Glenn instead of Keith Olbermann or wherever you're getting your info.

    Glenn applied for the permit months beforehand. They NEVER give out permits until a week or so before the event. He got the permit on time. It was Keith Olbermann that had an obnoxious show dedicated to laughing at Glenn "forgetting to get the permit". That was a lie, but not surprising coming from MSNBC.

    Some old dude on there just compared Beck to Father Coughlin. LOL!


Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •