Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

  1. #81
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    there will be business failures when credit spreads reach historical levels, the free market will handle the problem. Failure occurs and someone steps in to take over the businesses.
    Now you have given a rough description of liquidationism. The question is not "if" we will recover. It is "when". In the long run, markets self correct. In the long run, we are all dead.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #82
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But I have proven it in education. Absolutely.
    Interesting, and why do you believe that? I believe Bureau of Labor statistics which show the stimulus plan to be a failure. Whether or not things would have been worse really is irrelevant to the 16 million unemployed. Obama is about to experience the worst Congressional loss in U.S. history because the majority in this country don't see things better and see what you seem to believe.

  3. #83
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting, and why do you believe that? I believe Bureau of Labor statistics which show the stimulus plan to be a failure. Whether or not things would have been worse really is irrelevant to the 16 million unemployed. Obama is about to experience the worst Congressional loss in U.S. history because the majority in this country don't see things better and see what you seem to believe.
    Something to ponder:http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/117xx/doc...08-24-ARRA.pdf
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting, and why do you believe that? I believe Bureau of Labor statistics which show the stimulus plan to be a failure. Whether or not things would have been worse really is irrelevant to the 16 million unemployed. Obama is about to experience the worst Congressional loss in U.S. history because the majority in this country don't see things better and see what you seem to believe.
    I believe it because I showed you where stimulus money kept people employed in education, and when that specific money was gone, those jobs were lost. We see it here where I work, and people are employed strickly due to stimulus money and won't be when it's gone. Students will suffer for it. It is a simple fact, and I have supported that fact with links.

    BTW, your link doesn't address this at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Thanks, but I have no interest in CBO numbers preferring instead to take the BEA, BLS, and Treasury Data. If you spend as much money as the Obama Adminstration has spent and generate these kind of results you or anyone else would be fired. To believe that there weren't some successes due to all that spending would be ridiculous but the question is at what cost. Three trillion added to the debt and there are still 16 million reported unemployed and that doesn't count the private business owners and contractors out of work.

    So would things have been worse? Who knows, I believe 3 trillion added to the debt has to be factored in as well as the costs in the future of servicing this debt and funding all those Obama programs.

    obama has been a miserable failure as I predicted when he was running for the office and all he has done is confirm my predictions.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thanks, but I have no interest in CBO numbers preferring instead to take the BEA, BLS, and Treasury Data. If you spend as much money as the Obama Adminstration has spent and generate these kind of results you or anyone else would be fired. To believe that there weren't some successes due to all that spending would be ridiculous but the question is at what cost. Three trillion added to the debt and there are still 16 million reported unemployed and that doesn't count the private business owners and contractors out of work.

    So would things have been worse? Who knows, I believe 3 trillion added to the debt has to be factored in as well as the costs in the future of servicing this debt and funding all those Obama programs.

    obama has been a miserable failure as I predicted when he was running for the office and all he has done is confirm my predictions.
    Who said anything about the CBO? I offered more than that. Did you reaad any of those links?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who said anything about the CBO? I offered more than that. Did you reaad any of those links?
    I wasn't responding to you, but now that you mention it, I didn't read your links nor do I have any interest in doing so. I prefer BEA,BLS, and U.S. Treasury data as they present an accurate picture and come from non partisan data.

    Economic conditions today have given the Republicans the largest percentage lead over Democrats since Gallop started doing the polling and that is evidence that your links don't matter but that the actual data does. You want to run around telling everyone how bad things would have been after increasing the debt by 3 trillion dollars and having 16 million unemployed, be my guest. Have fun and hope you enjoy being laughed at.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I wasn't responding to you, but now that you mention it, I didn't read your links nor do I have any interest in doing so. I prefer BEA,BLS, and U.S. Treasury data as they present an accurate picture and come from non partisan data.

    Economic conditions today have given the Republicans the largest percentage lead over Democrats since Gallop started doing the polling and that is evidence that your links don't matter but that the actual data does. You want to run around telling everyone how bad things would have been after increasing the debt by 3 trillion dollars and having 16 million unemployed, be my guest. Have fun and hope you enjoy being laughed at.
    Explains why you can't respond to fact. You don't know the facts. It helps you to respond if you know what you're responding to.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Explains why you can't respond to fact. You don't know the facts. It helps you to respond if you know what you're responding to.
    You are absolutely correct, why would anyone believe that Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and the U.S. Treasury offer accurate data. Obviously CBO projections and Obama Administration propaganda is a lot more accurate. Looks like the people in the Gallop poll aren't reading your so called data either.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Estimates Say Fewer Jobs, Larger Deficits if Republicans Were in Charge

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, deliberately ignorant, I don't buy yours or any other liberals' rhetoric.
    Well, at least you're honest about it.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •