Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: Texas fights global-warming power grab

  1. #11
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    I'm not sure there is a call for anything deeper. The science is quite clear on this and deniers are not really open to science or evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #12
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,876

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    VENABLE: Texas fights global-warming power grab - Washington Times


    This is why I'm proud to be a Texan!


    Hold on a minute now. Could I please have a Bill White wouldn't fight the EPA power grab link?

    And for all of Rick Perry's many many faults, he's fighting this fight, Bill White wouldn't.
    Hold on a minute now. Could I please have a Bill White wouldn't fight the EPA power grab link?

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not sure there is a call for anything deeper. The science is quite clear on this and deniers are not really open to science or evidence.
    Tell you what : Show some ACTUAL science that is NOT based on fear mongering and shown to be verifiable frauds on multiple occassions... then perhaps... or better yet, let's start talking about REAL environmental issues, instead of how my farts are going to destroy the world.

    Ok, if you believe that our influence on the earth DUE TO CO2 is much more drastic then 'background noise', I gotta green bridge to sell you. When I was younger, they had the decency to convince us of something causing legitmate and verifiable damage... CFC's... chlorofluorocarbons, and dioxins, etc.. now it's just "oh you shouldn't breath it's bad for the earth."

    As I said, let's talk REAL environmental concerns before we decide to make Al Gore a multi-billionaire of the cap and trade carbon taxes.I know he promised to plant a tree in some third world country... and we have to act now, he's got a house on the beach that might get flooded.

    *and the face shakes in the hand*

  4. #14
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    Hold on a minute now. Could I please have a Bill White wouldn't fight the EPA power grab link?
    White sent Environmental Protection Agency officials a 26-page letter in July 2008 contending that EPA regulations relied on erroneous data supplied by industry that drastically underreport actual levels of toxic emissions of chemicals such as benzene and 1,3-butadiene that can cause cancer. According to White, the actual levels of pollution could be 10 to 50 times higher, compounded by the fact that residents of east Harris County are exposed to discharges from five refineries.
    In the closing days of the Bush administration, outgoing EPA administrators rejected the mayor's argument. Under President Barack Obama, the regulatory winds are shifting.
    Last week the EPA announced it was reversing the previous decision, and will initiate a new study of the risks of toxic emissions from refineries and current methods of estimating them. While the process may take three years, it could result in significantly tougher regulations and pollution controls.
    Mayor White has also been critical of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality as being too lax in enforcing state laws against polluters. “Procedures today are tilted toward those putting cancer-causing chemicals in the air in large quantities and against those representing the public interest,” said the mayor. He cited the TCEQ rules requiring objections to emission permits to be filed within weeks, “even if the polluter took months to prepare the application, and then the polluter can continue putting chemicals into the air under the old permit …. That's just not right.” According to the mayor, the city protested a benzene permit for an area refinery but TCEQ has not acted for six months while the facility continues to pump tons of the chemical into the air.
    After meeting with White, EPA officials announced that many of the TCEQ rules are in violation of the federal Clean Air Act. The EPA is currently gathering comment on TCEQ permitting practices and will decide which to change or abolish next year.
    EPA double take: A request from Houston’s mayor spurs re-evaluation of toxic-emission rules | Editorial | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

    Need more? There's plenty
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #15
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Tell you what : Show some ACTUAL science that is NOT based on fear mongering and shown to be verifiable frauds on multiple occassions... then perhaps... or better yet, let's start talking about REAL environmental issues, instead of how my farts are going to destroy the world.

    Ok, if you believe that our influence on the earth DUE TO CO2 is much more drastic then 'background noise', I gotta green bridge to sell you. When I was younger, they had the decency to convince us of something causing legitmate and verifiable damage... CFC's... chlorofluorocarbons, and dioxins, etc.. now it's just "oh you shouldn't breath it's bad for the earth."

    As I said, let's talk REAL environmental concerns before we decide to make Al Gore a multi-billionaire of the cap and trade carbon taxes.I know he promised to plant a tree in some third world country... and we have to act now, he's got a house on the beach that might get flooded.

    *and the face shakes in the hand*
    Define what you would call not based on fear mongering? Al Gore isn't a scientist, so quoting him isn't science. Scientist thank him for making the issue more public, but note flaws in hispresentation. This doesn't mean there isn't a real problem and that man doesn't play a large role.

    The science has been presented many, many times. And deniers often ignore it, and always go back to Gore. Why?

    I suggest they do because it is easier than dealing with the science. As you can find any opinion on the internet, they pick the fringe, the minioty, and try to act as if they are equal. All things are not equal aand the majority view is that GW is real and in part man made 9not wholey).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Define what you would call not based on fear mongering? Al Gore isn't a scientist, so quoting him isn't science. Scientist thank him for making the issue more public, but note flaws in hispresentation. This doesn't mean there isn't a real problem and that man doesn't play a large role.

    The science has been presented many, many times. And deniers often ignore it, and always go back to Gore. Why?

    I suggest they do because it is easier than dealing with the science. As you can find any opinion on the internet, they pick the fringe, the minioty, and try to act as if they are equal. All things are not equal aand the majority view is that GW is real and in part man made 9not wholey).
    The science debunking AGW has been presented many, many times yet the AGW folks always resort to calling it Big Oil Propaganda and dismissing those who do not believe in AGW as "Deniers". Why?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #17
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The science debunking AGW has been presented many, many times yet the AGW folks always resort to calling it Big Oil Propaganda and dismissing those who do not believe in AGW as "Deniers". Why?
    And it has always been answered. The debunking stuff is very weak. And others have answered it repeatedly. And they have done so with the science. YEs, some rightly point out the financial connection between the oil industry and deniers, which is much stronger than the connections deniers make. But the science is always presented, and clearly so.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And it has always been answered. The debunking stuff is very weak. And others have answered it repeatedly. And they have done so with the science. YEs, some rightly point out the financial connection between the oil industry and deniers, which is much stronger than the connections deniers make. But the science is always presented, and clearly so.
    Uh huh, and have you ever looked into the money being poured into propping up AGW? I didn't think you had.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #19
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Uh huh, and have you ever looked into the money being poured into propping up AGW? I didn't think you had.
    Yes, I have. And most of that would be there regardless of their findings. It isn't there due to the result, like it is with the oil companies. Governments have no real gain concerning GW scinece. Companies do. In fact, it would work best for governments, for example, if the science wasn't what it was, which puts a whole in part of your argument.

    But the fact is the science overwhelmingly supports GW and that man plays a role. This can be supported with any honest search.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Texas fights global-warming power grab

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, I have. And most of that would be there regardless of their findings. It isn't there due to the result, like it is with the oil companies. Governments have no real gain concerning GW scinece. Companies do. In fact, it would work best for governments, for example, if the science wasn't what it was, which puts a whole in part of your argument.

    But the fact is the science overwhelmingly supports GW and that man plays a role. This can be supported with any honest search.
    Yes, you are so right. There is no political gain to be made by liberal/progressive politicians who need "Science" to back their power grabs.

    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •