Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 175

Thread: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as gay

  1. #41
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Anti-same sex marriage, using religious imagery to demonize gays, being against LGBT rights, etc.etc.
    Gotcha...any belief that isnt inline with yours is "anti-gay"...how tolerant!

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have said this before in topics like this: It ain't none of our business who he sleeps with. I don't need to know what politicians are gay, I don't care if they are gay, it is entirely irrelevant to anything. What matters is what a politician does, not who they sleep with.
    When they are working people that are pushing for things like the Federal marriage Amendment to score political points or what ever I think it can become relevant since things like that do affect other peoles lives directly..

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    When they are working people that are pushing for things like the Federal marriage Amendment to score political points or what ever I think it can become relevant since things like that do affect other peoles lives directly..
    It is entirely possible to be gay and against gay marriage. The fact he is for or against certain issues is of interest. Who he sleeps with, not so much. I do not agree with the guy politically, but his personal life is still none of my business.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is entirely possible to be gay and against gay marriage. The fact he is for or against certain issues is of interest. Who he sleeps with, not so much. I do not agree with the guy politically, but his personal life is still none of my business.
    And if he is against gay marriage he is attempting to push his will by law on others.

  5. #45
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And if he is against gay marriage he is attempting to push his will by law on others.
    How so? The LAW has been established. What is being attempted is a CHANGE in the law. And whether or not you want to admit it...many people dont believe the law SHOULD be changed. And just because people disagree with gay marriage doesnt make them homophobes or bigots or fear mongers. We DISAGREE. "I" dont think the law should change. I dont think we should change the laws to allow polygamy. I dont think we should change the allow to alow blood relatives to marry. Period. It is no more sinister than that.

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And if he is against gay marriage he is attempting to push his will by law on others.
    Yes, that is what laws do. His personal life is still irrelevant.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    How so? The LAW has been established. What is being attempted is a CHANGE in the law. And whether or not you want to admit it...many people dont believe the law SHOULD be changed. And just because people disagree with gay marriage doesnt make them homophobes or bigots or fear mongers. We DISAGREE. "I" dont think the law should change. I dont think we should change the laws to allow polygamy. I dont think we should change the allow to alow blood relatives to marry. Period. It is no more sinister than that.
    I would say that some argue that the law, according to the Constitution, should not be changed, but that the law, according to the Constitution, is being disobeyed by some who wish to discriminate.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yes, that is what laws do. His personal life is still irrelevant.
    He is affecting others personal life's opening himself up to ridicule. If he can dish it out he should be able to take it.

  9. #49
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

    "I would say that some argue that the law, according to the Constitution, should not be changed, but that the law, according to the Constitution, is being disobeyed by some who wish to discriminate."

    I would gladly accept and respect your opinion and not call you a name for disagreeing with me!

  10. #50
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Ken Mehlman reveals he's gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    So much for taking him at his word. Why the hate?
    What hate? I merely refuted the statement that insinuated the republican party did not have a small tent. It's no secret the left has always been more tolerant of gays.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •