Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 146

Thread: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

  1. #41
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,365

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Here is what is very scary about this thread. For whatever reason, since Obama has become president, closet racist feel that it is their right to use words and make broad assumptions about people because they can always go back to the "there is a black guy in the white house I'm not racist you are lol" argument.

    This is a retarded statement.


    Here are just a few things that made the Laura lady sound stupid and racist:
    -Telling the woman that if she didn't want to be made fun of she should have never fell in love with her husband and been with him, instead should have kept it in her own race.

    This is a fact. SOme elements will indeed make fun of such things. Pointing out reality to the woman, is not, "racist"...





    -Say the "black people just voted for Obama because he was black" but THEN backtracked when the lady made the suggestion that people are mad that a black guy is president (which they are) and said that more white people voted for him, so the lady can't even get her **** down straight, she just says racist **** to try and make her half-assed points.

    Any evidence people are mad because a black guy was elected or are you just race baiting again?






    -said the n-word over and over again as to challenge the lady after she had already said it

    So she said, "nigger", in context it was not racist. Your race baiting however is.



    -had the balls to have her wait during the commercial break, clearly couldn't think anything over and then when the commercial was over and came back was even more ****ed up racist towards her.

    Was this a "hard break"? No choice in the matter. What specifically did she say after said break, was "more racist"?

    -calling her hypersensitive isn't racist, but it completely disregards her situation.

    How so?




    You guys have a good point that maybe the lady was being to sensitive with being asked what blacks feel about this or that, but why did it have to go from there, to "Hey I need to figure out a way from retiring from this radio business so let's see how many times I can offend someone that I know I am going to offend."

    This "PC racism" is just as bad as the brand we have always had. Also Caine are you really a cop? How many donuts do you eat a day? About 2 dozen?


    @ donut joke..... I'm sure he's on a local radio show whining about it right now.....




    You are going to need a bigger bucket.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #42
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    What you are doing is exactly what I'm talking about. What do you do all day buddy? Sit on the computer and not actually socialize with anybody?
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #43
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Here is what is very scary about this thread. For whatever reason, since Obama has become president, closet racist feel that it is their right to use words and make broad assumptions about people because they can always go back to the "there is a black guy in the white house I'm not racist you are lol" argument.
    Irrelevant...Baseless....

    Here are just a few things that made the Laura lady sound stupid and racist:
    -Telling the woman that if she didn't want to be made fun of she should have never fell in love with her husband and been with him, instead should have kept it in her own race.
    Lie. Didn't say anything about "being made fun of" Your intentionally changing words to make your argument sound better.

    -Say the "black people just voted for Obama because he was black" but THEN backtracked when the lady made the suggestion that people are mad that a black guy is president (which they are) and said that more white people voted for him, so the lady can't even get her **** down straight, she just says racist **** to try and make her half-assed points.
    As to the bolded part: Irrelevant, Assumptuous on your part. She assumed black people just voted for Obama because he was black, You (and the race baiting broad) assumed that people are mad that a black guy is President. Do you see the irony in this? One is not better than the other, and we have youtube videos to prove both on an individual basis.
    As to the rest: Yes, white people did have to vote for him in order for him to get elected, based upon the same exact set of facts that she already used. There is nothing racist about this either. You've yet to point out anything that is racist.
    -said the n-word over and over again as to challenge the lady after she had already said it
    Proving a point that context is everything, regardless of how the race baiter wanted to change the subject from her hypersensitivity to Dr. Laura's use of the (argument winning)"N-Word". Even when Laura was talking about how it is used on TV all the time.
    -had the balls to have her wait during the commercial break, clearly couldn't think anything over and then when the commercial was over and came back was even more ****ed up racist towards her.
    Baseless, Pointless comment here.
    -calling her hypersensitive isn't racist, but it completely disregards her situation.
    Its the no non-sense, non "sensitive" (aww poor victim) approach to the problem. Telling someone they are not the problem when they are is not giving good advice. I don't give a **** if it is a "race" issue.

    You guys have a good point that maybe the lady was being to sensitive with being asked what blacks feel about this or that, but why did it have to go from there, to "Hey I need to figure out a way from retiring from this radio business so let's see how many times I can offend someone that I know I am going to offend."

    This "PC racism" is just as bad as the brand we have always had.
    Nothing racist about it.
    Can you point out the racism instead of dancing around and excusing this hypersensitive bitches problems?

    Like Ive said. Black people aren't OWED any sensitivity when they call a radio show for advice making it the nation's business. Dr. Laura would be wrong to tell this woman that she ISN'T being hyper sensitive.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #44
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Word. When I first married into my husband's WASPy family, I was asked all the time how Italians did this, what Italians thought of that. Before my mother in law & I realized we both shared a love of antiques, gardening and child rearing, she didn't know what to talk about with me. So she would talk about pasta. I gave her credit for trying to look into "my world." It certainly didn't mean she had issues with Italians. And when I ask her about life back in the day, it doesn't mean I have some weird issue with older people.
    I was about to post something similiar, though it didn't have to do with me marrying. My take on her husband's friends and family is precisely what you outlined here: Curiousity. And this caller, instead of taking that opportunity to educate, takes that curiosity of something/someone new and makes it ugly.

    I may have mentioned this in another thread at some other time, but when I was India, a white, blonde, [American] woman was a novelty and I got a ****load of attention. That aside, and related to what we're talking about though, was a day that I was in the rainforest hiking around looking at waterfalls. I was sitting next to some bamboo trees near the trail when a group of Indian folks started walking by. Their eyes opened wide when they saw me and they were quite excited. Two of the young girls ran back up the trail and came running back down with another white, blonde woman in tow. They were *showing* her to me. The woman, British, said to me, "They wanted to show you that they have a white woman too." I just laughed. There was nothing racist about it. They asked me questions, wanted to know about me and "my people". The other western woman and I sat and talked about how much attention we both got and she gave me some tips since she married a local.

    The thing is, I could have taken it as some racist bull****, turned my nose up and gotten snotty. But that would have been inappropriate. My race [and nationality] was a novelty, they were curious and wanted to know more about a people that they had little interaction with. That's all it was.

    Now, it's hard to get a full read on what the caller's situation was, but from what she said, it sounds like something similiar. It sounds like they're trying to get to know her and "her people" and she's getting all pissy about it instead of using that situation to educate.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i see, she made it up.
    LOL @ You still refusing to accept maybe she is just a little too sensitive about cultural differences and the fact that people are going to ask about them.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #46
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    LOL @ You still refusing to accept maybe she is just a little too sensitive about cultural differences and the fact that people are going to ask about them.
    maybe she doesn't like the word. i don't. it's rude.

  7. #47
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I was about to post something similiar, though it didn't have to do with me marrying. My take on her husband's friends and family is precisely what you outlined here: Curiousity. And this caller, instead of taking that opportunity to educate, takes that curiosity of something/someone new and makes it ugly.

    I may have mentioned this in another thread at some other time, but when I was India, a white, blonde, [American] woman was a novelty and I got a ****load of attention. That aside, and related to what we're talking about though, was a day that I was in the rainforest hiking around looking at waterfalls. I was sitting next to some bamboo trees near the trail when a group of Indian folks started walking by. Their eyes opened wide when they saw me and they were quite excited. Two of the young girls ran back up the trail and came running back down with another white, blonde woman in tow. They were *showing* her to me. The woman, British, said to me, "They wanted to show you that they have a white woman too." I just laughed. There was nothing racist about it. They asked me questions, wanted to know about me and "my people". The other western woman and I sat and talked about how much attention we both got and she gave me some tips since she married a local.

    The thing is, I could have taken it as some racist bull****, turned my nose up and gotten snotty. But that would have been inappropriate. My race [and nationality] was a novelty, they were curious and wanted to know more about a people that they had little interaction with. That's all it was.

    Now, it's hard to get a full read on what the caller's situation was, but from what she said, it sounds like something similiar. It sounds like they're trying to get to know her and "her people" and she's getting all pissy about it instead of using that situation to educate.
    "her people" are fellow americans, not exotic. maybe you guys are right....maybe the n word was being thrown around out of curiousity.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    maybe she doesn't like the word. i don't. it's rude.
    I don't like it either but I'll be damned if I am going to be told what I can or cannot say.

  9. #49
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't like it either but I'll be damned if I am going to be told what I can or cannot say.
    that's the point, right? dr laura had a right to say it, and say it she did. and if her employer doesn't like it, he can fire her.

  10. #50
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,365

    Re: Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    What you are doing is exactly what I'm talking about. What do you do all day buddy? Sit on the computer and not actually socialize with anybody?


    Actually, The Good Reverend runs a very successful IT security consulting firm. I have employees of all sorts of backgrounds.

    As for socializing, The Good Reverend just returned from a week at the beach where he did socialize with one or more persons.....


    You bucket is full.


    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 08-24-10 at 03:32 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •