Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 227

Thread: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

  1. #201
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge



    Are you New Yorkers ready to hear it?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #202
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post


    Are you New Yorkers ready to hear it?
    New Yorkers have been hearing the Adhan long before this. Why is this a problem?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  3. #203
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    New Yorkers have been hearing the Adhan long before this. Why is this a problem?
    Its not a problem.
    I actually learned to like it a little while I was in Iraq for a year....
    I was just poking the coals of this fire that is the hatred of muslims by armchair heroes here in the states.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #204
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post


    Are you New Yorkers ready to hear it?
    I love the adhan, I think it's absolutely beautiful.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Again, I don't judge all adherents to an entire religion based on a few extremists who call themselves part of said religion. The events of Srebrenica and the events of 9/11 are completely and totally separate from the building of some house of worship.
    Except that they're not completely separate, the religion played a huge roll in the ideological motives of those who perpetrated the respective massacres.

    So, any time a church or other house of mythology worship, or any building, house, etc tries to get the permits to build, we question their motives? That's part of the process of building something? Is there a government form for the "motives" or is it just verbal exchange?
    No only when they try to place at or near a place where their co-religionists or fellow members of that organization perpetrated a mass murder. How about a Army Memorial at Wounded Knee?

  6. #206
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Except that they're not completely separate, the religion played a huge roll in the ideological motives of those who perpetrated the respective massacres.
    Yes, they are completely separate. Just because the perpetrators happened to call themselves adherents to the same religion is no reason to punish an entirely different group of people. It's ridiculous and goes against everything this country stands for.


    No only when they try to place at or near a place where their co-religionists or fellow members of that organization perpetrated a mass murder. How about a Army Memorial at Wounded Knee?
    What does that have to do with churches?

  7. #207
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    It sounds like anti-liberty to me.
    How do you figure? Workers have a right to offer their services or WITHHOLD their services as they please. That is liberty. Forcing them to work on a project that they wish not to, that is anti-liberty.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  8. #208
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Good ol' filmfest guy. There you go throwing the facts in to the argument ruining everything.
    #1 is nothing more than childish play, #2 is not a fact, nor is #3. Go learn what a fact actually is, and then go learn the context of the debate.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #209
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Don't care about the mosque other than to say the imam has every right to be an asshole. that said, let me correct some of your bloviating.



    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    So many people taking so much joy in disallowing American citizens from enacting their protected civil rights.

    #1 - It's 2 blocks from Ground Zero - so it's not a "Ground Zero Mosque".
    Front wheel went through this building and remains apparently have been found there. Technically, this makes it part of "ground zero"


    #2 - It's an Islamic Community Center that include - along with prayer space - a basketball court, a theater, and is open to the entire public. Thus, it is not only NOT a "Ground Zero Mosque" because it's not at Ground Zero, it's also not even a Mosque - no more than St. Mary's Hospital is a Church because it has a chapel in it.
    It is indeed a mosque, that has these other things. The idea that it is not a mosque because it has b-ball is absurd.


    #3 - This is a yet another instance of Conservatives (and wimpy a-holes like Harry Reid) reveling in the restriction of someone's rights. Gotta take away the rights of gays in California to marry; gotta prevent Muslims from building a Community Center; gotta take citizenship rights away from immigrants.

    Hyper partisan hackism on your part. Its left right, and center who have voiced opposition to the mosque. Please check your mouth foaming at the door.



    The only threat to freedom I see comes from the likes of Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, and their supporters.

    Really, none from the tyrant bloomberg? None at all?

    None from the fat, smoking, health care police? Really? Just those three? Hack much?



    If you are against this, then you are in favor of any group preventing the construction of any building on private land anywhere simply because they might take offense to it. Go ahead. Open that can of worms.

    Your strawman is quite nice...


    It will very likely get built and there will be people who will build it - in a down economy (especially for construction workers), intelligent beings will take the money.

    And there will be people who choose not to build it. That's thier right to do so.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #210
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post


    Are you New Yorkers ready to hear it?






    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    New Yorkers have been hearing the Adhan long before this. Why is this a problem?



    Where?


    I've never heard one.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •