Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 227

Thread: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    This is what you conservative radicals aren't getting. They have the freedom to do it and they're going to do it. You have no right to stop them, and your petty racist anecdotes about how all Muslims consent to terrorism is just going to turn the public against you.
    What you don't understand is that Islam isn't a race it's an ideology.

    Please keep running your mouth. Eventually someone will stomp their foot in it.
    Understood you support physical violence to silence the opposition. If anyone tries putting hands on me or a "foot in my mouth" for exercising my 1st amendment rights I will put a bullet in their brain.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 08-22-10 at 09:42 PM.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    He is certainly an Islamist albeit one who doesn't support violence to achieve his goals, but the goals are the same. It's a difference of degree not of kind.
    An Islamist is simply one who is a scholar of Islam. I said radical Islamist. Big difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    I wasn't aware that the YMCA offered religious services. What type of mass does the YMCA hold?
    Missed my point entirely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    No that would be you. This is not a community center it is a Mosque, it will be offering religious services for Muslims but not for non-Muslim members of the community, it's a Mosque.
    Nah it's a community centre... a mosque is for Muslims only. This place is for everyone, in the spirit of interfaith relations. It is obviously going to have religious services if the people who own the place are Muslim and they have to pray 5 times a day. Duh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    I wasn't aware that Pat Robertson was a large advocate against theocratic theocracy in general.
    Is that supposed to change the fact that you sound just like him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Every statement I have made is a fact or a logical conclusion based on the facts.
    Most of your statements are emotional appeals based on exaggerated details. You're making mountains out of molehills. I'm just one of few people who are actually willing to spend the time to tell you this. Most others have abandoned this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    lol, this man supports Sharia law he does not separate the political from the religious, as an Islamist for him they are one in the same.
    Link to where he said he supports Sharia Law?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    They have a right to build it, I have the right to protest it and encourage others not to enter into voluntary contracts with the Mosque propenents to trade their labour for their capital. They have the right to build it, they do not have the right to silence the opposition or compel others against their will to build it.
    Of course you have the right. You have the right to speak no matter how misinformed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    It's not a ****ing community center it's a Mosque, if it was a community center when will they be offering religious services to non-Muslim members of the community?
    This has already been addressed. Maybe you should try visiting a real mosque before you make assumptions about what a mosque is. Oh that's right, most of them won't let you in because you're non-Muslim. Maybe now you understand the difference.

    It's the difference between having prayer services (like a chapel) in one part of the building versus making the entire building a place for prayer. Obviously they are going to insert a religious component into the community centre if they are Muslim... they want to support their faith. Christians do it all the time. Why do you think there are chapels in hospitals?

    Calling it a mosque reveals your naivete. I know you'll keep calling it the "ground zero mosque" because that's all part of the talk radio buzz, but no matter how much you try to spin it, it will never be the case. You can say it over and over again but it won't ever be true.

  3. #113
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/ny.../09mosque.html

    Okay, just discovering this: this was made public last year. AND this:

    Laura Ingraham (as guest host on Bill O'Reilly) said:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7WbTv_gsx4

    "I can't find many people who really have a problem with it...I like what you're trying to do." (She now says it's "proof the terrorists have won".)

    And this timeline shows how it was essentially turned from mild controversy to national firestorm by The New York Post, a virulently anti-Muslim group, and eventually Fox News.

    Hmm...Nothing said in December at all when it was made public (on a Front Page NYT story). Indeed, Khan appears on Fox News with Laura Ingraham who says she likes what is happening.

    Then it's ignored until May when a newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch, a network owned by Rupert Murdoch, and a known anti-Muslim group suddenly find it lucrative to preach their anti-Muslim fervor.
    Last edited by FilmFestGuy; 08-22-10 at 10:34 PM.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    An Islamist is simply one who is a scholar of Islam. I said radical Islamist. Big difference.
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about, an Islamism is political Islam IE non-secular Islam promoting implementation of Sharia Law, and adherent of Islamism is referred to as an Islamist. This Imam is an Islamist.

    Missed my point entirely.
    Then what is your point? The YMCA is not a church because it does not offer religious services, they do not hold mass at the YMCA.


    Nah it's a community centre... a mosque is for Muslims only. This place is for everyone, in the spirit of interfaith relations. It is obviously going to have religious services if the people who own the place are Muslim and they have to pray 5 times a day. Duh.
    lol, this Mosque holds religious services for Muslims and only Muslims, Mosques do allow non-Muslims to attend so that they may receive Dawa.


    Is that supposed to change the fact that you sound just like him?
    How do I sound just like him? If I sound just like him then he must be stating facts, because that's all I have done.

    Most of your statements are emotional appeals based on exaggerated details. You're making mountains out of molehills. I'm just one of few people who are actually willing to spend the time to tell you this. Most others have abandoned this thread.
    Most of your statements only go to prove your ignorance on the subject matter.

    Link to where he said he supports Sharia Law?
    Here you go:

    At the core of Shariah law are God's commandments, revealed in the Old Testament and revised in the New Testament and the Quran. The principles behind American secular law are similar to Shariah law - that we protect life, liberty and property, that we provide for the common welfare, that we maintain a certain amount of modesty. What Muslims want is to ensure that their secular laws are not in conflict with the Quran or the Hadith, the sayings of Muhammad.

    On Faith Panelists Blog: How Islamic Law Can Work - Feisal Abdul Rauf
    Of course you have the right. You have the right to speak no matter how misinformed.
    Just what am I misinformed about?

    This has already been addressed. Maybe you should try visiting a real mosque before you make assumptions about what a mosque is. Oh that's right, most of them won't let you in because you're non-Muslim. Maybe now you understand the difference.
    Actually they will let me in to receive Dawa which is the reason why allowing non-Muslims into this Mosque.

    It's the difference between having prayer services (like a chapel) in one part of the building versus making the entire building a place for prayer. Obviously they are going to insert a religious component into the community centre if they are Muslim... they want to support their faith. Christians do it all the time. Why do you think there are chapels in hospitals?
    Chapels in hospitals do not hold masses. Chapels in hospitals are non-denominational unless the hospitals themselves are of a particular religion. This is a Mosque which doubles as an Islamic Community Center open to non-Muslims so that they might receive Dawa, if it was an actual community center then they would either be a) not offering religious services, or b) offering religious services to all members of the community.

    Calling it a mosque reveals your naivete. I know you'll keep calling it the "ground zero mosque" because that's all part of the talk radio buzz, but no matter how much you try to spin it, it will never be the case. You can say it over and over again but it won't ever be true.
    Mosque - any place of Muslim worship. A jami-masjid or Friday Mosque is a major mosque where weekly prayer services are performed and a sermon or khutbah is given.

  5. #115
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about, an Islamism is political Islam IE non-secular Islam promoting implementation of Sharia Law, and adherent of Islamism is referred to as an Islamist. This Imam is an Islamist.



    Then what is your point? The YMCA is not a church because it does not offer religious services, they do not hold mass at the YMCA.



    lol, this Mosque holds religious services for Muslims and only Muslims, Mosques do allow non-Muslims to attend so that they may receive Dawa.



    How do I sound just like him? If I sound just like him then he must be stating facts, because that's all I have done.



    Most of your statements only go to prove your ignorance on the subject matter.



    Here you go:





    Just what am I misinformed about?



    Actually they will let me in to receive Dawa which is the reason why allowing non-Muslims into this Mosque.



    Chapels in hospitals do not hold masses. Chapels in hospitals are non-denominational unless the hospitals themselves are of a particular religion. This is a Mosque which doubles as an Islamic Community Center open to non-Muslims so that they might receive Dawa, if it was an actual community center then they would either be a) not offering religious services, or b) offering religious services to all members of the community.



    Mosque - any place of Muslim worship. A jami-masjid or Friday Mosque is a major mosque where weekly prayer services are performed and a sermon or khutbah is given.
    I sincerely question your reading comprehension ability. Clearly the article you're quoting is about how to CHANGE Sharia law.

    Seriously.

    My God, man.

    F'ing ridiculous. But I don't blame you. I blame whatever conspiracy-laden websites you read.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/ny.../09mosque.html

    Okay, just discovering this: this was made public last year. AND this:

    Laura Ingraham (as guest host on Bill O'Reilly) said:

    YouTube - New Islamic Mosque at Ground Zero? (12.21.09)

    "I can't find many people who really have a problem with it...I like what you're trying to do." (She now says it's "proof the terrorists have won".)

    And this timeline shows how it was essentially turned from mild controversy to national firestorm by The New York Post, a virulently anti-Muslim group, and eventually Fox News.

    Hmm...Nothing said in December at all when it was made public (on a Front Page NYT story). Indeed, Khan appears on Fox News with Laura Ingraham who says she likes what is happening.

    Then it's ignored until May when a newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch, a network owned by Rupert Murdoch, and a known anti-Muslim group suddenly find it lucrative to preach their anti-Muslim fervor.
    This is the gist of it really. People care only when they are told to care, and to find out who is calling the shots you need only look at the big media moguls who own the conglomerates.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    You don't have a clue what you're talking about, an Islamism is political Islam IE non-secular Islam promoting implementation of Sharia Law, and adherent of Islamism is referred to as an Islamist. This Imam is an Islamist.



    Then what is your point? The YMCA is not a church because it does not offer religious services, they do not hold mass at the YMCA.



    lol, this Mosque holds religious services for Muslims and only Muslims, Mosques do allow non-Muslims to attend so that they may receive Dawa.



    How do I sound just like him? If I sound just like him then he must be stating facts, because that's all I have done.



    Most of your statements only go to prove your ignorance on the subject matter.



    Here you go:





    Just what am I misinformed about?



    Actually they will let me in to receive Dawa which is the reason why allowing non-Muslims into this Mosque.



    Chapels in hospitals do not hold masses. Chapels in hospitals are non-denominational unless the hospitals themselves are of a particular religion. This is a Mosque which doubles as an Islamic Community Center open to non-Muslims so that they might receive Dawa, if it was an actual community center then they would either be a) not offering religious services, or b) offering religious services to all members of the community.



    Mosque - any place of Muslim worship. A jami-masjid or Friday Mosque is a major mosque where weekly prayer services are performed and a sermon or khutbah is given.
    Oh lord... I see the equivocation has begun.

    Not interested.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    I sincerely question your reading comprehension ability. Clearly the article you're quoting is about how to CHANGE Sharia law.
    No he is saying that he wants to change the Penal Code while simultaneously advocating it Sharia law itself, hence the title of the article "How Islamic Law Can Work," his problem with the Sharia is not the criminilization of homosexuality, apostasy, adultery, pre-marital sex, or gender discrimination in cases related to inheritance and the like but rather his problem is with the penal code, if he was not an Islamist he would be supporting secularism not reform in the Sharia penal code.


    Seriously.

    My God, man.

    F'ing ridiculous. But I don't blame you. I blame whatever conspiracy-laden websites you read.
    The only one who's being ridiculous here is you. He clearly said that what he wants is: "...to ensure that their secular laws are not in conflict with the Quran or the Hadith, the sayings of Muhammad...". Again his problem is not with Sharia but with the penal code.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 08-22-10 at 10:56 PM.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post

    And this timeline shows how it was essentially turned from mild controversy to national firestorm by The New York Post, a virulently anti-Muslim group, and eventually Fox News.
    Lol, the longest continuously running Daily Newspaper in the country is a "virulently anti-Muslim group"?

    You people are fooking ridiculous.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Oh lord... I see the equivocation has begun.
    Really? What equivocation have I begun? You made a false analogy between the YMCA and the Cordoba House, the YMCA does not offer religious services let alone religious services to only a specific religion, the Cordoba House offers religious services to Muslims and Muslims only.

    You, also, gave a false definition for the term "Islamist," by asserting that an Islamist is simply an Islamic scholar, whereas, the fact is that an Islamist is an anti-secular pro-Sharia Muslim, this man is not a secular Muslim he is an Islamist.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •