Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 227

Thread: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    Just out of curiosity... when you say 'victory mosque', what 'victory' do you refer to?
    The 9-11 attacks were seen by many an Islamist as a victory of dar al-Islam over dar al-Harb.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    Yeah, but that wasn't a victory. As a direct result, Islam is now more vilified, less accepted, and a country under fundamentalist Islamic rule has had it's leaders deposed and replaced.

    9/11 had no winners. If the mosque is in any way symbolic, it would be a 'memorial mosque'. Plus, y'know, it gets alliteration points that way :p.
    Radical Islamists see every dead American as a victory.

  3. #93
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,893
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    The 9-11 attacks were seen by many an Islamist as a victory of dar al-Islam over dar al-Harb.
    what did this victory achieve?

    and can you provide proof for your statement
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    what did this victory achieve?
    Dead Americans.

    and can you provide proof for your statement
    Such as? Are you asserting that the 9-11 attacks weren't celebrated by radical Islamists?

  5. #95
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Radical Islamists see every dead American as a victory.
    Are these the same Islamists that you have yet to prove were dancing in the streets?

    Given that most US Muslims aren't radical (to the extent that almost 40% of them don't think homosexuality should be discouraged by society; better than some mainstream churches), how should it matter to their mosque what Bin Laden thinks?
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    Are these the same Islamists that you have yet to prove were dancing in the streets?

    Given that most US Muslims aren't radical (to the extent that almost 40% of them don't think homosexuality should be discouraged by society; better than some mainstream churches), how should it matter to their mosque what Bin Laden thinks?
    The Imam spearheading the initiative is an overt Islamist.

  7. #97
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Firstly, that's still not been proven - certainly not to the degree by which you call people 'overt Islamists'.

    Secondly - and as I said before - what evidence do you have that sharing the Imam's particular theological views will be compulsory in order to worship at the mosque, or to benefit from the community centre?
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    Firstly, that's still not been proven - certainly not to the degree by which you call people 'overt Islamists'.
    Yes it has been proven, this man supports a Sharia compliant U.S. in which secular laws do not contradict the Koran or the Hadiths. That is the very definition of an Islamist.

    Secondly - and as I said before - what evidence do you have that sharing the Imam's particular theological views will be compulsory in order to worship at the mosque, or to benefit from the community centre?
    We don't have evidence for that. We are not protesting the Muslim community we are protesting this Imam and his actions. He is the one who thought of it, he is the one who has spearheaded it, and he will be the one running it. This is his Mosque.

  9. #99
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    The property is Ground Zero it was hit by the landing gear of one of the planes.
    So ****ing what? Runways around the world were touched by the landing gear of the planes, are THEY Ground Zero now?

    We are angry because an overt Islamist is attempting to build a victory Mosque.
    Do you even know what "Islamist" even means? WITHOUT looking it up?

    You have Muslims who want to build a mosque and community center, why is this such shocking news?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  10. #100
    Lurker
    iangb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The 911 Hard Hat Pledge

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Yes it has been proven, this man supports a Sharia compliant U.S. in which secular laws do not contradict the Koran or the Hadiths. That is the very definition of an Islamist.
    No, the definition of an Islamist you've been using is one who sees "every dead American as a victory". I have no issue with people who simply want Sharia Law - I disagree with them, but that's no reason to take issue with them personally; after all, I disagree with a lot of people online all the time, a lot of whom I respect even while I'm disagree with them. I do have an issue with anyone who considers violence as a method of spreading their viewpoint, whatever that may be - be it Sharia Law or Veganism. But I have seen no evidence that this Iman meets that standard.

    We don't have evidence for that. We are not protesting the Muslim community we are protesting this Imam and his actions. He is the one who thought of it, he is the one who has spearheaded it, and he will be the one running it. This is his Mosque.
    But more importantly, it's a community centre. It's not 'Iman Steve's Sharia-Spreading Shack', or 'Iman Tims Terrorist Training Terraces' (I can't remember his name off-hand, so I turned to alliteration again). Even not giving it silly names, it's not 'Iman X's mosque', for his personal use only, representing to the greater world nothing more than what he wishes (even if his stated wishes so far have been no more threatening that "to encourage peace between nations and religions").

    The only people calling it a 'victory mosque' are those who oppose it. You're falling foul of your own propoganda, nothing more.
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head. ~Terry Pratchett

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •