Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 102

Thread: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

  1. #81
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Amid all this furore has anyone ever managed to discover the religions of those who dies in the 911 massacre?

    I believe that a number of people who were of the Muslim faith died as well as Christians and Jews and perhaps a variety of other faiths?.

  2. #82
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,587

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Another thread started over the false premise that the argument is over whether they CAN build the mosque.

    That's not an issue, hasn't been an issue, it's a BS argument. Of course they CAN.

    The issue is whether or not they SHOULD build it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I agree. I don't think anyone on either side of the fence is trying to deny them the right to build it, but rather to point out the potential "salt on the wound".
    Nobody except Rick Lazio.

    Oh, and the large group of protesters who showed up to raise hell about the panel's decision to allow construction. Oh yeah, and this conservative advocacy group headed by Pat Robertson. Well, the editorial staff at the Washington Examiner as well. In more than one piece.

    But that's it, except for Newt Gingrich, who said: "There's no reason for us to accept a mosque next to the World Trade Center." And Sean Hannity on his Fox News show on July 22nd, along with Jay Sekulow. And Rush Limbaugh, who said "[T]he Constitution does not guarantee you can put your church anywhere you want it" on his radio show. And the Southern Baptist Convention, who's leader stated that Muslims "don't have the right to have [mosques] any particular place they want them."

    But that's it.
    A working class hero is something to be

  3. #83
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    And are there any quotes from Harry Reid or Dick Cheney saying they don't have the right to do this?

    I would be particularly interested in seeing danarhea answer.
    Their RIGHT keeps coming up.
    Can ANYONE point me to ANYONE who DOESN"T think they have a RIGHT.

    Not yelling at you Harshaw. Your post was just handy to quote. :-)

  4. #84
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,587

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Their RIGHT keeps coming up.
    Can ANYONE point me to ANYONE who DOESN"T think they have a RIGHT.

    Not yelling at you Harshaw. Your post was just handy to quote. :-)
    Why don't you try reading my post one above yours. Also, I was just listening to the Hugh Hewitt show, in which he was talking with a gues about how they don't think they have the right to build the mosque. Essentially, the entire argument from the Republicans has been focused on the builders not having the right to build. Claiming otherwise is ridiculous.
    A working class hero is something to be

  5. #85
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Oh cripe I better read the thread. looks like I might find some answers, or not

  6. #86
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-31-10 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    214

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Essentially, the entire argument from the Republicans has been focused on the builders not having the right to build. Claiming otherwise is ridiculous

    Interesting.

    Since I work out of my house I watch, hear and read the 24-hour news cycle throughout the day. I listen to Rush Limbaugh at 11am, check Huffington Post at noon; Daily Kos at 1pm, hit up several conservative websites at 2pm (Breitbart's BigPeace, BigGov't, BigJ) and then watch MSNBC for a complete wrap up.

    I have yet to hear ONE Republican state that the mosque could NOT be built - NOT ONE.

    The Rep's say NO to building based upon sensativity (which the Islamists lack) not a "right."

    I have to disagree with your premise here.

    I am hooked onto politics, so I can assure you .... from the left or right perspective, I simply have not heard it ... and I am tied in daily to each.
    "Sodomy is one of the most gruesome and detested crimes, the punishment for which is also one of the harshest penalties, it is the capital punishment"
    -Imam Mukhtar K. Ahmed Al-Mesalati, author of the "QURAN And Same-Sex Behavior", c. 2009

  7. #87
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-31-10 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    214

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Oh, and the large group of protesters who showed up to raise hell about the panel's decision to allow construction. Oh yeah, and this conservative advocacy group headed by Pat Robertson. Well, the editorial staff at the Washington Examiner as well. In more than one piece.

    So?

    Whats your point? Pat R's group cannot protest?

    I am gay and I dont mind. So what. *Any* Conservative group can protest.

    Liberal-progressives encourage "protesting" from a leftwing perspective, and beleive that all right-wing protesting is "racist" the usual, tired refrain we hear from the Soviet-insired, Marxist professors who lead the Seattle-D.C.-Los Angeles-New York "Peace March" whenever a Republican is in power.

    Listen dude, I WATCHED the Seattle "peace march" in 2003 and all that was missing were the white robes. It was filled with hatred, anti-Semitism, and anti-American rhetoric throughout. I even spotted TWO Nazi swastika flags, one spray-painted onto an Israeli flag by the ISM "terrorist" contingent --- this is the group the American terrorist Rachel Correy joined before she got *squashed* by an Israeli bulldozer in Ramallah when she was running weapons for Yassir Arafat.

    Left-wing protesting is Marxist-inspired.

    Right-wing is grassroots.


    This lends credence to Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascist" premise since violence always begins and preceeds a left-wing protest.

    I am continually amazed at how closely liberal-progressives match the brownshirt-wearing, coffee-can adorned Sturm Abteilung from 1933.
    Last edited by GayLibertarian; 08-18-10 at 09:14 PM.
    "Sodomy is one of the most gruesome and detested crimes, the punishment for which is also one of the harshest penalties, it is the capital punishment"
    -Imam Mukhtar K. Ahmed Al-Mesalati, author of the "QURAN And Same-Sex Behavior", c. 2009

  8. #88
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,587

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by GayLibertarian View Post
    Essentially, the entire argument from the Republicans has been focused on the builders not having the right to build. Claiming otherwise is ridiculous

    Interesting.

    Since I work out of my house I watch, hear and read the 24-hour news cycle throughout the day. I listen to Rush Limbaugh at 11am, check Huffington Post at noon; Daily Kos at 1pm, hit up several conservative websites at 2pm (Breitbart's BigPeace, BigGov't, BigJ) and then watch MSNBC for a complete wrap up.

    I have yet to hear ONE Republican state that the mosque could NOT be built - NOT ONE.

    The Rep's say NO to building based upon sensativity (which the Islamists lack) not a "right."

    I have to disagree with your premise here.

    I am hooked onto politics, so I can assure you .... from the left or right perspective, I simply have not heard it ... and I am tied in daily to each.
    Well, since Rush is one of the people who said they don't have the right to build it, I question your statement. Lazio, Gingrich, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Pat Robertson have all said they don't have the right to build. And right after I posted that list of people who say they don't have the right to build it, I turned on the radio and the first thing I heard was Hugh Hewitt saying they don't have the right to build it. Hence my last post.
    A working class hero is something to be

  9. #89
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,587

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by GayLibertarian View Post
    Oh, and the large group of protesters who showed up to raise hell about the panel's decision to allow construction. Oh yeah, and this conservative advocacy group headed by Pat Robertson. Well, the editorial staff at the Washington Examiner as well. In more than one piece.

    So?

    Whats your point? Pat R's group cannot protest?

    I am gay and I dont mind. So what. *Any* Conservative group can protest.

    Liberal-progressives encourage "protesting" from a leftwing perspective, and beleive that all right-wing protesting is "racist" the usual, tired refrain we hear from the Soviet-insired, Marxist professors who lead the Seattle-D.C.-Los Angeles-New York "Peace March" whenever a Republican is in power.

    Left-wing protesting is Marxist-inspired.

    Right-wing is grassroots.

    This lends credence to Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascist" premise.

    I am continually amazed at how closely liberal-progressives match the brownshirt-wearing, coffee-can adorned Sturm Abteilung from 1933.
    WHAT?! What are you talking about? I was responding to "nobody says they don't have the right to build the mosque." The protestors all showed up to voice their opinion that the builders shouldn't have the right to build the mosque. Your response to me was completely out of left field and I have no idea why you think I was saying they don't have the right to protest.
    A working class hero is something to be

  10. #90
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Scarborough: 'Screw' GOP if they kick me out for defending mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Well, since Rush is one of the people who said they don't have the right to build it, I question your statement. Lazio, Gingrich, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Pat Robertson have all said they don't have the right to build. And right after I posted that list of people who say they don't have the right to build it, I turned on the radio and the first thing I heard was Hugh Hewitt saying they don't have the right to build it. Hence my last post.
    Funny, I have been listening to Rush and Hannity and haven't heard them say anything about "rights', but that it isn't right. Now mind you, I don't listen to all of their show every day, just when I'm driving somewhere. Do you have a link with quotes to backup your assertion?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •