Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Scarecrow, what is your opinion on the Irani people? Do you believe they are evil people that want to come to your house rape your sister, and then stone you to death?
    Let's look at a historical example, and please, spare us the juvenile notion that any reference to Nazi Germany is a confession of loss by your betters.

    The average German was a nice person. Even in the 1920's this was true.

    That didn't stop looney toons from gaming the system, seizing power, and causing the deaths of fifty millon people.

    The Iranians I've met are nice people. Too bad, then, that the Iranians in Iran have allowed their nice country to be overrun and ruled by religious fanatics who deny the German Holocaust happened and who beleive another nation should be erased from the earth....while they themselves have been financing a decades long program of international terrorism.

    So, AGAIN, your attempt to establish moral equivalency for Iran's leadership has failed.

    You need to explain, in detail, why you wish the leaders of a nation that promotes international terrorism should be allowed to finish the nuclear weapons project that's nearing completion.

    Denying they have the weapons program is not an option, unless you're going to argue that even if they had the weapons, any attempt to launch them would cause the weapons to fall off the edge of the earth to bother Atuan, the Great Turtle.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Because? With sufficent quanities of 20% (and I'm meaning LOTS) it shouldn't be impossible to compress it to the point where self sustaining reactions occur. I don't think it would work with the normal amount of material used in enriched. But with sufficent amounts 20% and lots of shaped charges and reflectors, it should theoretically work. But at that point, deployment as a weapon is virtually out of the question. When your weapon is as big as a house, it's not really useful. But that does not make it impossible.
    It's been estimated that roughly 10% of the 15 megaton Castle Bravo blast came from fissions in the unenriched U238 tamper.

    However, the implosion energy for that device came from the thermonuclear principle action.

  3. #33
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Funny, isn't it, how the Left in the US wets their pants at the thought that some Americans might elect to use their constitutional freedom to own a gun, and do everything they can, including lying and bullying, to prevent people from being able to excercise that freedom, but those same Lefties defend Iran's "right" to own weapons that can murder millions in a flash.
    First off wtf is your problem seriously? I love guns. I own o' plenty. Second off do you have proof of them having nuclear weapons? Do you seriously think a ****ty country like Iran has the capability to nuke the United States before we shoot it down? Do you just not have any faith in United States? I don't think you do.

    Second off, good cop out. You can't actually defend your views of killing thousands of innocent civilians.

    Don't get me wrong I love nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons kick ass. I watched an entire series on Military channel of US and Russian test videos. I think if it wouldn't punch a giant gaping hole in our atmopshere we should let off nukes in the desert every fourth of July and set up a fake town just to watch that town get scorched. My point though is, is we have no proof these people even have them, and even if they did like I said we would be on them like fat people on cake or do you not have any faith in our US armed forces? I don't think you do, because I love making unfounded assumptions.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    First off wtf is your problem seriously?
    The Left is destroying the United States.

    Serously.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I love guns. I own o' plenty.
    I don't care about any particular hypocritical individual's ownership of guns while he gives his heart and mind to the people who are trying to steal them from him. That alone says all that needs saying on that off-topic matter that was introduced merely to point out the hypocrisy of the people the hypocritical gun owner is defending. That task is complete.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Second off do you have proof of them having nuclear weapons?
    Since the issue at hand is preventing the development and acquisiton of nuclear weapons by Iran, it's safe to say that no, I do not have evidence that Iran is currently in possession of nuclear weapons.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Do you seriously think a ****ty country like Iran has the capability to nuke the United States before we shoot it down?
    Fact in Evidence:

    A ****ty country like Afghanistan successfully murdered three thousand Americans in one morning, destroyed one iconic American landmark, seriously damaged another, and, through no thanks to the government, was prevented from attacking a third by the courageous actions of civillian passengers in the fourth weapon.

    Yes, I think if Iran wanted to get a nuclear weapon into the US and detonated it could find the means to do so.

    And, no, the United States mainland does not have any defenses against nuclear attack at this time. The Messiah cancelled even the limited efforts Bush made to get such a system installed in Poland. On the anniversary of the day Russia invaded Poland in 1939.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Do you just not have any faith in United States? I don't think you do.
    Faith is useless when God gives the enemy the better weapons.

    What's needed is hard headed pragmatism, proper threat assessments, and the willingness to act to reduce the threats presented.

    As a US Navy veteran, I've plenty of "faith" in the US, and as a political observer, I have ZERO faith that American politicians will act in the nation's best interests. Especially not the Messiah.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Second off, good cop out. You can't actually defend your views of killing thousands of innocent civilians.
    Don't get me wrong I love nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons kick ass. I watched an entire series on Military channel of US and Russian test videos. I think if it wouldn't punch a giant gaping hole in our atmopshere we should let off nukes in the desert every fourth of July and set up a fake town just to watch that town get scorched. My point though is, is we have no proof these people even have them, and even if they did like I said we would be on them like fat people on cake or do you not have any faith in our US armed forces? I don't think you do, because I love making unfounded assumptions.
    Yes, it's apparent you love making unfounded assumptions and you love reacting viscerally to issues that require study and concentration.

  5. #35
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    08-02-11 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    915

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    How about who gives a ****? What is Iran going to do seriously? Wage war against a bunch of other people that got nothing but sand and bull**** around them?

    We're Americans, and if there is ever a real threat to our nation, we'll be on them like stink on **** in less than 24 hours time so let them build their little science fair.
    Exactly. There's no real evidence that they're trying to build a nuke, and even if they did, it would be for defensive purposes.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 08-18-10 at 07:03 AM.

  6. #36
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    "Defensive" nukes?
    Mutual assured destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Try again Akhbar. And this time put some effort into it.

    They do it to kill huge numbers of people.
    So South Korea never attempted weapons production as a defensive measure against North Korea? This is the first hint that you are wrong.

    So Pakistan never attempted weapons production as a defensive measure against military superior nuclear armed India? This is the second hint that you are wrong.

    So Japan maintains the capacity to build nuclear weapons within a month to kill lots of people offensively? This is the third hint that you are wrong.

    Iran getting nuclear weapons is not a defensive move. Let us not pretend that just because sane nations in the past have used nuclear weapons in the final extremity only that Iran will become sane when it possesses nuclear weapons. There's no evidence of sanity in that regime.
    Oh look another mindless statement.

    Okay, if they are so insane, why do the Mullahs run CvB analysis on projects? Feel free to run away at this time.

    Your second post is irrelevant in trying to prove I'm wrong.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #37
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Tehran alone has 17 million people. The nuclear energy will go a long way.
    Did Massad plant the detonators?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #38
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    According to other news articles, Russia is supplying the fuel for the reactor. So, why is Iran enriching uranium if not for weapons?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-10 @ 01:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    124

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    im kind of excited for this plant to open and heres why so just here me out don't need to be trolled by the whole forum: i think its okay and a good thing that Iran is going to start a nuclear program simply to " stick it " to the man saying that we can do whatever we want with out having your permission sure they have made threats and what not but im sure if they were to do something wrong..... yeah.. Iran wouldn't be there same goes for Israel if they decide to bomb the plant and are proven guilty theres going to be a massive war. so again i im all up for the plant to open simply because of the opportunities that it will provide the country and the benefits, not the possible tragedies

  10. #40
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Russia to start Iran's 1st nuclear plant next week

    Like I said ****'em. Let them do what they want and let God sort them out.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •