Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 862

Thread: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for rich adds $36 billion

  1. #631
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    My comments pertain to what you state here; i can care less about your opinions, beliefs etc.... You have neither the means or justification to bring me into your reply from a personal standpoint. Instead of responding to my statements, you become emotional and attack me. This is a weak way of arguing (juvenile actually).

    Do you see? I am responding to what you actually state, not my perception of "why" you state it.


    Ad hominem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The topic of this thread is GOP plan to extend tax cuts for rich adds 36 billion to the deficit so rather than getting personal tell me how elimination of those tax cuts cuts 36 billion from the deficit?

  2. #632
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My statement and beliefs come from 35 years in the business world actually running a multi million dollar business thus real life experiences and that coupled with the book smarts gained from a college degree formed my knowledge base and thus gives me the credibility to refute booksmart liberals with no real life experiences.
    This is an internet forum, you are in no position to make claims about me on a personal level. Your constant display of anti intellectualism only diminishes your arguments. Which is a common tactic employed by those who are losing arguments. If you cannot keep up with the conversation, destroy it by dumbing it down.

    FWIW, given your grasp of the topics you try to discuss, e.g. supply side economics, I'd ask my Alma mater for my money back.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #633
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    This is an internet forum, you are in no position to make claims about me on a personal level. Your constant display of anti intellectualism only diminishes your arguments. Which is a common tactic employed by those who are losing arguments. If you cannot keep up with the conversation, destroy it by dumbing it down.

    FWIW, given your grasp of the topics you try to discuss, e.g. supply side economics, I'd ask my Alma mater for my money back.
    that is pretty funny which is what all do when they cannot intellectually discuss the topic or divert from the thread topic. The topic of this thread is GOP plans to extend tax cuts for the rich and my question to you is how increasing taxes on the rich will reduce the Federal Deficit 36 billion dollars?

    It does seem that the book smart people on this thread have difficulty with logic, common sense, and actual facts. Before claiming anyone is losing the argument you would have to provide proof of that. Looks to me like the personal attacks and baiting are coming from you.

  4. #634
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    that is pretty funny which is what all do when they cannot intellectually discuss the topic or divert from the thread topic. The topic of this thread is GOP plans to extend tax cuts for the rich and my question to you is how increasing taxes on the rich will reduce the Federal Deficit 36 billion dollars?

    It does seem that the book smart people on this thread have difficulty with logic, common sense, and actual facts. Before claiming anyone is losing the argument you would have to provide proof of that. Looks to me like the personal attacks and baiting are coming from you.
    why do the rich need 36 billion more in tax cuts? i already know your whole spiel about 'keeping more of your own money' and 'class warfare' responses, so, why do they need them? what difference would a few extra dollars mean to them? and please avoid the above mentioned 'talking points' of yours....

  5. #635
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    why do the rich need 36 billion more in tax cuts? i already know your whole spiel about 'keeping more of your own money' and 'class warfare' responses, so, why do they need them? what difference would a few extra dollars mean to them? and please avoid the above mentioned 'talking points' of yours....
    What makes you an expert on what the rich need? It is their money so although you are entitled to your opinion where is the guarantee that first the govt will get an additional 36 billion in tax revenue by the tax increase and second that they will use the money to grow the economy and reduce the deficits by that amount?

    All this is is class envy and warfare that makes no sense. I have asked over and over but no answer, tell me what economic prediction this Administration has made that has been accurate? They now claim that the expiration of the tax cuts will provide another 36 billion in revenue. Where is the proof of that?

  6. #636
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What makes you an expert on what the rich need? It is their money so although you are entitled to your opinion where is the guarantee that first the govt will get an additional 36 billion in tax revenue by the tax increase and second that they will use the money to grow the economy and reduce the deficits by that amount?

    All this is is class envy and warfare that makes no sense. I have asked over and over but no answer, tell me what economic prediction this Administration has made that has been accurate? They now claim that the expiration of the tax cuts will provide another 36 billion in revenue. Where is the proof of that?
    as i figured, right back to the talking points...why are they in need of a tax cut? where is the guarantee that they would put that money back into the economy, and create jobs? that seems to be the argument that you and several others make...where is that guaranteed?

  7. #637
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    as i figured, right back to the talking points...why are they in need of a tax cut? where is the guarantee that they would put that money back into the economy, and create jobs? that seems to be the argument that you and several others make...where is that guaranteed?
    Why do they need a tax cut shouldn't be the issue in a free enterprise economy? The fact that you would ask the question says a lot about you almost as much as diverting from the question I asked you.

    Where is the guarantee? What do people do when they get to keep more of what they earn? Your take home pay goes up and what do you do with the money? The rich are no different, they spend it, save it, invest it, or pay down debt all positively affecting the economy just like you and the millions of others in this country do with their personal income.

  8. #638
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why do they need a tax cut shouldn't be the issue in a free enterprise economy? The fact that you would ask the question says a lot about you almost as much as diverting from the question I asked you.

    Where is the guarantee? What do people do when they get to keep more of what they earn? Your take home pay goes up and what do you do with the money? The rich are no different, they spend it, save it, invest it, or pay down debt all positively affecting the economy just like you and the millions of others in this country do with their personal income.
    you still havent answered my question, why should they have their tax burden lessened?

  9. #639
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    you still havent answered my question, why should they have their tax burden lessened?
    Because it is their money, it isn't the government's money! Keep diverting from how the govt. uses taxdollars to the failed argument of why someone "needs" the money they earn? Why do you work? Why did you go to school? Why do you need the money that you make? Why don't you volunteer to send more of your money to the govt? Now aren't those stupid questions?

  10. #640
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because it is their money, it isn't the government's money! Keep diverting from how the govt. uses taxdollars to the failed argument of why someone "needs" the money they earn? Why do you work? Why did you go to school? Why do you need the money that you make? Why don't you volunteer to send more of your money to the govt? Now aren't those stupid questions?
    you still havent answered the question...with a budget deficit, why are we talking about giving a break to the richest in the country....why? you keep trying to spin everything to a 'class warfare' arguement, when it isnt...it is a common sense question, something you claim to have alot of ....so where is the sense in extending tax breaks to those whom it wont make alot of difference to? if you can't see the stupidity in doing this, don't waste your time responding.

Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •