Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 862

Thread: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for rich adds $36 billion

  1. #611
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,708

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The small business legislation which is being blocked by the Gee Oh Pee contains tax cuts for small business as well as loans through community banks.
    does it maintain the tax fairness provisions implemented by Bush?



  2. #612
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The Obama administration was not going to be able to pass a $1.2- $1.7 trillion dollar stimulus; a number sufficient to close the output gap. Had the stimulus been sufficient, you would be singing another tune in the form of "crowding out" and "steep long term yield curve".
    862 billion would have been enough if structured properly. As I asked name for me one economic prediction of the Obama Administration that has been accurate?

  3. #613
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The small business legislation which is being blocked by the Gee Oh Pee contains tax cuts for small business as well as loans through community banks.
    You continue to buy what the Obama Administration tells you. What tax cuts? Figure out what is in that bill and then get back to us. Still waiting for you to tell us what Obama Administration economic prediction has been right?

  4. #614
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    does it maintain the tax fairness provisions implemented by Bush?
    That's separate. The taxes for the richest of Americans was more than fair BEFORE the Bush tax cuts.


  5. #615
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,708

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That's separate. The taxes for the richest of Americans was more than fair BEFORE the Bush tax cuts.
    spoken like someone who isn't paying that level of taxation

    fair is paying for what you use

    that is the most sensible definition

    fair was when we didn't have an income tax

    why should you keep more of your next dollar than me? I already pay far more t han I use and I get nothing in return for paying more taxes

    you need to stop whining and work harder rather than demand other people pay for part of the government services you use

    until then you will keep voting for people who promise you more and more government goodies paid for by others



  6. #616
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    spoken like someone who isn't paying that level of taxation

    fair is paying for what you use

    that is the most sensible definition

    fair was when we didn't have an income tax

    why should you keep more of your next dollar than me? I already pay far more t han I use and I get nothing in return for paying more taxes

    you need to stop whining and work harder rather than demand other people pay for part of the government services you use

    until then you will keep voting for people who promise you more and more government goodies paid for by others
    I think that because of Bush's war, which I guess you supported.


  7. #617
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,708

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I think that because of Bush's war, which I guess you supported.
    wrong-I was ambivalent about it

    but I'd be happy to pay for the war if you libs paid for all the idiotic entitlement nonsense that was foisted on us starting with FDR's new deal.

    waging war is a proper function of the government after all

    funding and encouraging parasitic slothful behaviour is not



    again-the only real objective definition of fair is paying for what you use and the people the scummy obama wants to tax more already pay far more than their fair share



  8. #618
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    862 billion would have been enough if structured properly. As I asked name for me one economic prediction of the Obama Administration that has been accurate?
    Nope! You have to identify multiplier effects relative to the respective stimulus to make such a bold assumption. You have yet to do so. Therefore...... Greater effort is required to truly develop your argument.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #619
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Nope! You have to identify multiplier effects relative to the respective stimulus to make such a bold assumption. You have yet to do so. Therefore...... Greater effort is required to truly develop your argument.
    That is your opinion but some things aren't black and white textbook items like you seem to believe. Some people are simply book smart and street stupid and I don't mean that to be derogatory but basic human behavior, logic, and common sense seems to be missing from far too many. The multiplier effect in this economy is the American consumer keeping more of what they earn and spending it as they see fit. Supply side works and always will and there are millions of people like me as proof.

  10. #620
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Dem vs Rep Tax Cut Plan in Graph form!

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion but some things aren't black and white textbook items like you seem to believe.
    Text books are not B&W b nuance and opposing POVs are a part of good ones.

    The multiplier effect in this economy is the American consumer keeping more of what they earn and spending it as they see fit. Supply side works and always will and there are millions of people like me as proof.
    It is all well and good people keep more of their money but what happens when the cost of healthcare goes up by 2 dollars vs the 1 extra I get in tax breaks?

Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •